+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter 815 Request an update applicaiton (Misplaced letters)

abad.yusuf91

Mar 22, 2016
Hello All,

I applied for my csq in montreal on March 30,2015

Everything was going smooth the file was opened quickly and on October 21,2015 there was a letter sent via email to my attorney, Renaud Dery but we never recieved it. Earlier this month, i was waiting to receive my csq whereas the application has been pending since October 21, 2015 and it has been more than 90 days and Now my attorney tells me that he is getting in touch with the immigration to resume the application and appeal. On the other hand , he is also encouraging me to re-apply which means the whole year i waited and my application and fee wasted. It is making me doubt my lawyer as He might have misplaced the letter. My work permit expires on February 15,2017 so I am also running out of time.
Please share similar experiences and any help/advice, It would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

flywind1209

Nov 19, 2013
We have the similar situation, both of us living in Canada.
My file already opened and as I can get benefit from new rules of 2016. I want to re-apply but they told me I can't. Because I have got a file number. Hope this can help you to clarify something. BTW, my work permit will be expired this summer, I am looking for a job in states. I don't think I can get CSQ in 6 months.

The application is so easy why don't you apply CSQ by yourself?

Good luck.

abad.yusuf91

Mar 22, 2016
Thank You now I am hoping they resume the application where they left it and if i have to re apply i probably will, myself. I still dont think its a good idea to re apply becoz i have about 10-11 months left to on the work permit. what do you think?