+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LET'S SHARE VISA STATUS/UPDATES-MAY APPLICANTS ONLY.

StudyHopeful

Jun 20, 2017
Hi did u got d passport request letter??
Yes, I did, in response to my query to the Singapore visa office. They said they uploaded to CIC portal 16 days before, but I never saw it on portal. Once I got it I ran to VFS and submitted my passport. They just gave me a bar code and said it should reach Singapore on time. I'd encourage you to email the Singapore office immediately if your status still says approved but you haven't got the visa approval/passport request letter.

rtbrfr

Jan 31, 2015
Hi dear..
congrats on getting student visa after 17 years gap.

Can you recomment me some steps as i am too in the same boat.
Who was the agent who took this documentation.
How can i apply after 16 years gap
I am 36, with two kids and wife. will it be difficult to get pr after study visa.

Please do reply,

Thanks

Hi everyone,

As an update, I got a notification in the CIC website to submit my passport.:) (along with an email)
It took exactly 3 weeks since the day of the application on 22 May.
My online documents were organized very well with an index and hyperlinks within the pdf.

Also, I am a graduate with 17 years of experience....
So if there is any mature student out there, who is pessimistic of getting a visa - NEVER give up hope!
As long as you do your best, you will achieve success! :)

Good luck to everyone else! I hope you get your visas real soon!

Anime

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
We are in the same boat. What school are you?

Did they update you that you passed your upfront medical?
Hi! Badetsky! Would like to ask how much was your show money in peso? And any other documents aside from the sponsor like land title, etc. Is it allowed if it's from my grandparents? My sponsor is my uncle and he is only having house and lot, car, plus show money worth P2M. Salamat

Last edited:

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Hi. I only showed 1.2M roughly po.. wala po ako sinend na land title. My sponsor in Canada ay accommodation lang ang shoulder so affidavit nila at payslip and citizenship card lang sinend namin. Sa mga business po wala po kasi kami business so family lang tlga ang strongest ties ko sa pinas.. if sa grandparents mo po ok lang po kasi may lola gave me a money too so dineclare ko lang sa SOP ko bakit ako may gnito kalaking pera na isang bagsakan sa bank then gift affidavit from her na notarized na she gave me a cash on hand for my schooling in Canada. Hope it helps! Goodluck :)
If you kindly post in English, others will be benefited from your reply as well.

Reactions: Anime

Mitp1995

Jul 1, 2017
I applied from vfs ahmedabad on 9 th may paper based application but still vfs tracking website shows its under process. So anyone have idea what to do ?

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Hi dear..
congrats on getting student visa after 17 years gap.

Can you recomment me some steps as i am too in the same boat.
Who was the agent who took this documentation.
How can i apply after 16 years gap
I am 36, with two kids and wife. will it be difficult to get pr after study visa.

Please do reply,

Thanks
Hi rtbrfr,
I don't know your background or intended course but in general, as a student applying for a Study permit, your application should satisfy four basic criteria:
1. Your Studies should be logical at this point in your life, related to your previous studies and should show a natural progression in your career.
2. You should show the required financial resources to pay tuition fees and support yourself for the duration of your studies in Canada.
3. You should demonstrate adequate travel history specifically to first world countries (US, UK). If you entered and left these countries within the appropriate visa durations, your application shall carry more weight. Basically, you are reinforcing the idea that you are a law abiding person, with no intentions of overstaying your visa illegally.
4. You need to demonstrate adequate links with your home country which will compel you to come back.
Apart from these, you ofcourse need the prerequisites of technical and academic qualifications, offer of admission from a designated learning institution, profiency in English etc...
As long as you satisfy the VO on the above points, you'll most likely get the visa.

If your intention is to get a PR after your studies, then you'll get additional points for your studies in Canada. Also, after your studies conclude, you'll get a Post Graduate Work Permit which will enable you to get a years work experience in Canada. These put together should be adequate to get you to the front of the line in express entry. So you can plan accordingly.

I applied all by myself, without any Consultants, with months of studying previous cases and the wise counsel offered in this forum. If I have my visa today, its thanks to all the good people who shared their experiences here.

Last edited:

Jeet050

Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.0 bands with no band less than 6.5
LANDED..........
Someday i will for sure..!!
I applied from vfs ahmedabad on 9 th may paper based application but still vfs tracking website shows its under process. So anyone have idea what to do ?
did your medicals passed?

Mitp1995

Jul 1, 2017
I didn't check it and how to link account online ? I already open account but i dont know reference number . So where it's available?

t_rizvil

Star Member
May 26, 2010
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
Doc's Request.
16-01-2010
AOR Received.
05-03-2010
Hi, My husband (Student) and I (OWP) sent our application (through our agent) last May 25 and got a refusal last June 23.

Reasons for refusal:
1. Not satisfied that we have sufficient funds. - we showed a total of 1.3M for a 1-yr program.
2. Travel history - we've been in and out of the country for the past years including a tourist visa from Australia
3. Purpose of Visit
4. Employment prospects in country of residence
5. Personal assets and financial status. - We showed a house and lot title and DTI certificate from my husband's business.

Our agent already requested for CAIPS.

addyjam

Jun 20, 2017
Hi, My husband (Student) and I (OWP) sent our application (through our agent) last May 25 and got a refusal last June 23.

Reasons for refusal:
1. Not satisfied that we have sufficient funds. - we showed a total of 1.3M for a 1-yr program.
2. Travel history - we've been in and out of the country for the past years including a tourist visa from Australia
3. Purpose of Visit
5. Personal assets and financial status. - We showed a house and lot title and DTI certificate from my husband's business.

All the best for the next time, which city are you currently based in?

HariKiran

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017

Reasons for refusal:
3. Purpose of Visit

which country and which vfs?

Kashif16372

Jun 26, 2017
Hi what's your husband's current occupation and for which course he applied for and which university? You showed 1.3M CAD or your local currency?

Reasons for refusal:
3. Purpose of Visit

Our agent already requested f

t_rizvil

Star Member
May 26, 2010
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
Doc's Request.
16-01-2010
AOR Received.
05-03-2010
Current occupation: Sales Account Manager
Course Applied: Project Management (1 yr)
around 35K CAD

Hi what's your husband's current occupation and for which course he applied for and which university? You showed 1.3M CAD or your local currency?