Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Applying option 2 under LCP

ms.caregiver said:
Hello everyone!
Im only new in this forum.Just wanna some question regarding option 2.I've worked 40/week in my previous employer.And now in my current employer,Im working 44hrs a week.So in my 22months of full time employment,I will be able to complete the 3900hours soon since I started working at 44hours regular time.My question is,am I eligible now to apply for owp and pr eventhough I don't have overtime work? Thank you in advance.God bless us all.
Hi, replying to your here because your inbox is full

If your children are under 19 years old, you can not simply remove them from your application and it is a problem if they don't undergo medicals. The simplest thing would be to include them as not accompanying. You can explain to your husband that they will never get PR without his permission but having the medical exam for non accompanying is needed for your application to go forward and keeps the door open for you to sponsor them later in case something happens to him.

If he absolutely refuses the medicals and he has full custody of the children and so is not giving you the chance to take the children for medicals, you will have to prove this to immigration with his statements and proof that he has full custody and then the children can be removed from your application. If that is the case, then you can never sponsor them.

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 6, 2015 (Passport, Appendix A)
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
August 6, 2015 e-cas updated to "In Process" but started processing on July 20, 2015 August 8, 2015 Passport received by CEM August 10
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
Hi guyz just wanna ask in behalf for my friend... She just finished her 24 month as a live in caregiver and she's going to submit an application for open work permit and PR application this first week of October. I just wanna ask how much she's going to pay for all? Open work permit how much?for PR application how much? She has dependent her husband and 12 yrs old child.
Another question is her husband also submit the schedule A background information form?

Thank you guys for sharing.

dipkaur

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
neng23 said:
Hi guyz just wanna ask in behalf for my friend... She just finished her 24 month as a live in caregiver and she's going to submit an application for open work permit and PR application this first week of October. I just wanna ask how much she's going to pay for all? Open work permit how much?for PR application how much? She has dependent her husband and 12 yrs old child.
Another question is her husband also submit the schedule A background information form?

Thank you guys for sharing.
Hi neng23,
Sorry for late reply ..fee of owp is $155
And pr fee $550/per person(like $550 for your friend and $550 for her husband)
For kids under 19years old fee is $150/per kid
I hope this will help
Thank you
Yes she needs to submit all form for her husband too as she fill form her self

Jenil

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Weird thing happen on my ECAs.. After i received correspondence from cpcv re:additional docs for my husband in june 1,2015, it says we started processing your application on june 1,2015.. But just now i check again it says May 12,2015.. Is it good news??? Im still waiting for medical request. :( hopefully this week. Pls pray for me.

Aman82

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Jenil said:
Weird thing happen on my ECAs.. After i received correspondence from cpcv re:additional docs for my husband in june 1,2015, it says we started processing your application on june 1,2015.. But just now i check again it says May 12,2015.. Is it good news??? Im still waiting for medical request. :( hopefully this week. Pls pray for me.
Hello Friend,

Same happened with me and my friends too.I am Dec/2011 applicant ,before yesterday i check my ecas that show start processing at ur application on Nov/2014 ,but when i check my status yesterday it shows ,start processing at ur application on March/2012.I m surprised to see changes.don't know .what's going on??

Jenil

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Aman82 said:
Hello Friend,

Same happened with me and my friends too.I am Dec/2011 applicant ,before yesterday i check my ecas that show start processing at ur application on Nov/2014 ,but when i check my status yesterday it shows ,start processing at ur application on March/2012.I m surprised to see changes.don't know .what's going on??

yaay!!! i hope its positive. we will pray for it.. maybe their working for our papers.. thank you God.

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
HI everyone, I desperately need some advice.
My live-in caregiver work permit expires on December 16, 2015. My two years of employment will be completed in February 2016. I applied for my live in caregiver work permit extension but only for 4 more months: December 1, 2015 - March 31, 2016. The new contract also states December 1, 2015 - March 31, 2016. After March 31, 2016 my employer is no longer willing to keep me. If I apply for PR and OWP by the beginning of March, that will still be 30 days prior to my work permit expiry date. But since it takes so long to receive the OWP - what am I supposed to do during the waiting time after my renewed contract ends? I mean starting from April 1 and so on? I get it that once I apply for an OWP I would be on the implied status and could keep working for the same employer. But if the employer doesn't need me any more and my contract/work permit expires - what should my actions be? I'm totally confused and very anxious. Will appreciate any help. Thank you!

cuchipot

Nov 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marjana.ukr said:
HI everyone, I desperately need some advice.
My live-in caregiver work permit expires on December 16, 2015. My two years of employment will be completed in February 2016. I applied for my live in caregiver work permit extension but only for 4 more months: December 1, 2015 - March 31, 2016. The new contract also states December 1, 2015 - March 31, 2016. After March 31, 2016 my employer is no longer willing to keep me. If I apply for PR and OWP by the beginning of March, that will still be 30 days prior to my work permit expiry date. But since it takes so long to receive the OWP - what am I supposed to do during the waiting time after my renewed contract ends? I mean starting from April 1 and so on? I get it that once I apply for an OWP I would be on the implied status and could keep working for the same employer. But if the employer doesn't need me any more and my contract/work permit expires - what should my actions be? I'm totally confused and very anxious. Will appreciate any help. Thank you!
Hi marjana,

If you file your PR application and OWP at the beginning of March and your contract to your employer will expire at the end of March, you will be on IMPLIED STATUS. How could you keep working on the same employer if you said that your contract will end on March 31? Unfortunately, you can't work anywhere and to anyone until you receive your OWP. Why not talk to your employer to extend it a couple of months until you get your OWP?

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
cuchipot said:
Hi marjana,

If you file your PR application and OWP at the beginning of March and your contract to your employer will expire at the end of March, you will be on IMPLIED STATUS. How could you keep working on the same employer if you said that your contract will end on March 31? Unfortunately, you can't work anywhere and to anyone until you receive your OWP. Why not talk to your employer to extend it a couple of months until you get your OWP?
I talked to my employers yesterday and they agreed to keep me until I get my OWP. If I apply for PR ad OWP at the beginning of March, and my LIC work permit and the contract that we submitted when I applied for the program expire at the end of March - I don't need to extend anything, right? I will be on the implied status and can work for the same employer as long as they are ok with it, am I correct? I mean they are ok with signing a new contract with me, just with another end date. But we don't need to submit it anywhere since the status will be implied without any submissions?..

There is a tricky and confusing part in my story. And it's my own fault. My current work permit expires in December. To be able to complete two years (would be complete in February) I needed to extend my LIC work permit. Aad I applied for it already back in September, 2015! But my mistake was that I applied only for a 4 months extension: December, January, February, March. 4 months is enough to complete the 2 years and apply, but not enough to receive OWP, but at that time my employers did not agree for more and I didn't really insist:( Now my extension is already in process. When I receive my extended LIC work permit (should be in January 2016 as the processing time is 140 days now)- it will be almost the time to apply for PR! I mean what else could I do? Apply again in January for another longer extension of LIC work permit and wait until it comes, which could be another 4-5 months? And only then apply for PR and OWP? I called CIC, they say I can't apply for OWP if I have an open file for extension. That all really sucks and I feel it's my fault for not trying to extend for longer than 4 months the first time... That's why I'm hoping that I don't need to extend the second time and could work on the implied status as long as I submit the applications before my 4 months extension expires and as long as my employer keeps me...

Hope all this makes sense... Thank you to all who replies!

cuchipot

Nov 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marjana.ukr said:
I talked to my employers yesterday and they agreed to keep me until I get my OWP. If I apply for PR ad OWP at the beginning of March, and my LIC work permit and the contract that we submitted when I applied for the program expire at the end of March - I don't need to extend anything, right? I will be on the implied status and can work for the same employer as long as they are ok with it, am I correct? I mean they are ok with signing a new contract with me, just with another end date. But we don't need to submit it anywhere since the status will be implied without any submissions?..

There is a tricky and confusing part in my story. And it's my own fault. My current work permit expires in December. To be able to complete two years (would be complete in February) I needed to extend my LIC work permit. Aad I applied for it already back in September, 2015! But my mistake was that I applied only for a 4 months extension: December, January, February, March. 4 months is enough to complete the 2 years and apply, but not enough to receive OWP, but at that time my employers did not agree for more and I didn't really insist:( Now my extension is already in process. When I receive my extended LIC work permit (should be in January 2016 as the processing time is 140 days now)- it will be almost the time to apply for PR! I mean what else could I do? Apply again in January for another longer extension of LIC work permit and wait until it comes, which could be another 4-5 months? And only then apply for PR and OWP? I called CIC, they say I can't apply for OWP if I have an open file for extension. That all really sucks and I feel it's my fault for not trying to extend for longer than 4 months the first time... That's why I'm hoping that I don't need to extend the second time and could work on the implied status as long as I submit the applications before my 4 months extension expires and as long as my employer keeps me...

Hope all this makes sense... Thank you to all who replies!
Hi marjana.ukr,

Wow, it's quite complicated and quite confusing too, LOL! But here goes,(i hope i can answer it based on how i understand it), You apply for extension of your work permit until March, which you think is enough for your 2-yr LIC program,(though it is safer to apply for PR and OWP until you have more than 2 yrs)It is quite a risk to apply at exactly 2 yrs on LIC program, based on others experience.
If you will receive your extension of WP on January 2016, that means by March 2016 you can apply for PR and OWP, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, you can't work to anyone, even to your employer by APRIL(because your WP to your employer is expired by that time). AGAIN, you can't do anything or work to anyone until you receive your OWP. Just hope that OWP processing is fast.
I hope I answered your question, if not all, maybe some. ;D ;D

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
cuchipot said:
Hi marjana.ukr,

Wow, it's quite complicated and quite confusing too, LOL! But here goes,(i hope i can answer it based on how i understand it), You apply for extension of your work permit until March, which you think is enough for your 2-yr LIC program,(though it is safer to apply for PR and OWP until you have more than 2 yrs)It is quite a risk to apply at exactly 2 yrs on LIC program, based on others experience.
If you will receive your extension of WP on January 2016, that means by March 2016 you can apply for PR and OWP, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, you can't work to anyone, even to your employer by APRIL(because your WP to your employer is expired by that time). AGAIN, you can't do anything or work to anyone until you receive your OWP. Just hope that OWP processing is fast.
I hope I answered your question, if not all, maybe some. ;D ;D
Thanks a lot, though I'm at the point of crying. Found this on the CIC web site. Does this not apply to me?.. If my LIC work permit expires on March 31 (the extended one) and I apply for OWP and PR let's say on February 28... Here it says:

QUESTION: I have applied for an open work permit and permanent residence. What if my current work permit expires?

ANSWER: If you submitted an open work permit application with your permanent residence application, you can keep working after your current work permit expires. However, while the application is being processed, you can work only for the employer on your current work permit. While waiting for the open work permit, you do not have to extend your Live-in Caregiver Program work permit. This condition is known as “implied status.”