+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lets share timelines 2014 live in caregiver PR/OWP Applications

looney

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
02020202 said:
Hi guys,

I'm in LCP in BC. I just found out Prevailing Wage under LCP in BC is now $10.33 per hour. My wage is still $10.25 per hour.
I'm planning to apply for PR in a few months. And I'm extending WP because my current WP expire soon and I'm not sure if I can gather all documents before WP expire. Is that ok if I work $10.25 per hour under current WP? And I need to work $10.33 per hour under new WP once I got new WP?

I think that your WP has nothing to do with your wage..... As i understand, Work Permit is a privilege given by the government of Canada so you can work here in their country...... and if you are saying that your work permit will expire soon and you are not sure that you can gather all the documents needed before you can renew it., then i think that will be your big problem because you will be working without a proper documentation. So better renew it before it expire.... With regards to the new wage you are asking, i think you better to talk to your employer about it.

**note**
correct me if I am wrong.

looney

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
02020202 said:
Hi guys,

I'm in LCP in BC. I just found out Prevailing Wage under LCP in BC is now $10.33 per hour. My wage is still $10.25 per hour.
I'm planning to apply for PR in a few months. And I'm extending WP because my current WP expire soon and I'm not sure if I can gather all documents before WP expire. Is that ok if I work $10.25 per hour under current WP? And I need to work $10.33 per hour under new WP once I got new WP?

If you mean that if you're going to have a problem when you submit your PR application if you have different wages, because you have a renewed WP, then I think its not a problem at all. just declare it in your Statement of Earnings and hours work as it is in the checklist..... and make it sure that your employer has the signature on it.
hope this help.

**note**
correct me if i am wrong

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
02020202 said:
Hi guys,

You need to inform your employer about the new prevailing wage in your province and your employer must make the necessary adjustments. If you dont inform them they might assume that you are ok with your current wage although the employer should comply on the current prevailing wage. Your wage will not affect your PR or Wp application BUT your employer might be.

Star Member
May 3, 2011
looney said:
If you mean that if you're going to have a problem when you submit your PR application if you have different wages, because you have a renewed WP, then I think its not a problem at all. just declare it in your Statement of Earnings and hours work as it is in the checklist..... and make it sure that your employer has the signature on it.
hope this help.

**note**
correct me if i am wrong

Thank you for replaying. My questions are not clear...

Is that problem if I still work $10.25 per hour under current WP for applying PR, even though prevailing wage under LCP in BC is now $10.33 per hour? When I got my current WP, $10.25 per hour was OK.

I already gathered all documents for applying extend WP, and then I found out about I have to work at least $10.33 per hour. I will extend WP just in case I cannot gather all documents for applying PR. If CIC sent my PR application back to me or lost my PR application... I can reapply if I have a a valid LCP WP. I want to prepare for worst case scenario.

I'm thinking I will apply for extend WP after I worked over 3900 hours (It is still 30 days before my current WP expires), and then I don't have to work $10.33 but I can have a valid WP. I won't work for my current employer after I met 3900 hours (I will work for more than 3900 hours though) but I want to keep a valid LCP WP.

Star Member
May 3, 2011
mylady833 said:
Your wage will not affect your PR or Wp application BUT your employer might be.
Then I don't care my wage is $10.25 or $10.33. It's only 8 cents difference. Only about $10 more per month. I will work for less than 2 months for current employer.

Thank you for replying :)

jenrhea

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 5,2014
AOR Received.
October 29,2014
File Transfer...
owp approved:dec.24,2014
Med's Request
owp received:january7,2015
how many months usually open work permits are approved?tnx!!

jenrhea

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 5,2014
AOR Received.
October 29,2014
File Transfer...
owp approved:dec.24,2014
Med's Request
owp received:january7,2015
dipkaur said:
hi jenrhea,
usually within 3months
ok thank u so much.coz i will be applying soon

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
rrsd0608 said:
Hello.Good news.Just received my aip today.thank u Lord for the blessings :)
Congrats!!!

Amaechidez

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rrsd0608 said:
Congrats!!! :)

blackeyes28

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-May-15
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-June-15
IELTS Request
SA 13-July-15
File Transfer...
13-July-15
Med's Request
ECAS in process: 05-Aug-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
(DM & PPR)05-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Feb-16
LANDED..........
31-Mar-16
rrsd0608 said:
congrats rrsd0608! yey!

rrsd0608

Star Member
Jul 27, 2011
Hello. I'd like to ask those applicants who have non-accompanying dependants. Will u still gonna receive LC2 kit or just the AIP? I'm sorry i'm just a bit confused regarding my husband's application. We both apply for PR/OWP at the same time.we have separate application.we both receive our owp at the same time.i declare our kids as my accompanying dependant and but not my husband cause he is already here in Canada and he have his own application. He too did not include me and our kids as his accompanying dependant in his application because i am already here and i already included them in my applicTion.does it mean to say he is considered as single applicant?Is it only me who will process all the LC2 kit? Only me receive the LC2 kit but not him. Any info will be greatly appreciated.thanks.