Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Bubblesandme said:
You don't need a TRV in coming back to canada from U.S as long as your work permit is current or not expiring soon when you do your travel. But in crossing the border going to u.s you will need a U.S visa. Letter confirming you have a job when you return to canada will be helpful but I don't think border officer will ask for it as long as your work permit and passport are current until the time you come back. But in case this will be handy. :) read some forum titled "trv" in this site, you might get new information as well.
Hi bubblesandme,
Thanks so much for your help.
Please still on the same topic. Someone just informed me that apart from a US visa, i still need a TRV to guarantee re-entery into Canada from the US.My TRV is currently expired ,so i just need to be double sure that i can re-enter Canada without having to renew it. I just want to avoid any unpleasant surprises. Did you have a valid TRV when you were returning?

Thanks again.
Cheers:)

gossipgirl

Mar 20, 2011
Julsen said:
Hi gossipgirl,
Please, still on the same topic,so i'm not required to have a TRV for re-entery into Canada from the US?. I'm getting conflicted info, someone just told me that i'd need to renew my TRV and that the US visa is just to enable me cross over into the states. But that i need a TRV to re-enter Canada. Did you experience this on your trip to the US?

Thanks for your help.
no u dont need a trv If ur coming from the US. its okay, ive tried it and was able to come back as long as u have a valid work permit. called cic and they said the same thing.

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Julsen said:
Hi bubblesandme,
Please still on the same topic. Someone just informed me that apart from a US visa, i still need a TRV to guarantee re-entery into Canada from the US.My TRV is currently expired ,so i just need to be double sure that i can re-enter Canada without having to renew it. I just want to avoid any unpleasant surprises. Did you have a valid TRV when you were returning?

Thanks again.
Never crossed the border with an invalid trv but I can forward you a link where u can get this info. I'll send u a pm.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
gossipgirl said:
no u dont need a trv If ur coming from the US. its okay, ive tried it and was able to come back as long as u have a valid work permit. called cic and they said the same thing.
Ok, thanks so much for your help
Have a blessed weekend.

Merchen61

Nov 2, 2013
Jeebrel said:
I just called CIC, my OWP application was approved, mailed last Oct. 29 .... So happpppyyyyyy!!!! To those who are waiting keep the faith yours is next! ;)
Congrats! My application was received on July 23 and still have no news:( don't know what to do:(

Jeebrel

Star Member
May 23, 2012
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
May 2015
Merchen61 said:
Congrats! My application was received on July 23 and still have no news:( don't know what to do:(
Try to call cic for updates, cheer up for sure one of these days you will get it. Stay positive!

Merchen61

Nov 2, 2013
Jeebrel said:
Try to call cic for updates, cheer up for sure one of these days you will get it. Stay positive!
I called, the lady who answered was pretty rude:( she said to call in December if I won't get it by then. :'(

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jeebrel said:
Ung first na tawag ko sabi 4 mos daw di man lang nya check ung file ko, then sinubukan ko ulit ayun check nya ung file at don nalaman... Depende sa agent kaya try mo lang ng try ... ;)

Waaaahhh! I called again, they don't wanna check the file. They said its too early and the usual "4 months" waiting time" script. What to do? What to do? This is Agonizing :-(

Jeebrel

Star Member
May 23, 2012
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
May 2015
Bubblesandme said:
Waaaahhh! I called again, they don't wanna check the file. They said its too early and the usual "4 months" waiting time" script. What to do? What to do? This is Agonizing :-(

Call again after 1 hour ;)

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jeebrel said:
Call again after 1 hour ;)
Very effective! I called again and agent confirmed to me that my approved OWP has been mailed last Oct. 29. I should receive it not later than next week. Wooohhooooooo!!!

Timeline:

Application received: aug.12, 2013
OWP approved and mailed: oct. 29,2013

Goodluck to everyone waiting for their OWP. :) and let me share 1 thing I learned, be resourceful and patient in the waiting game! :))

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bubblesandme said:
Never crossed the border with an invalid trv but I can forward you a link where u can get this info. I'll send u a pm.
Why can't I send you a pm? The board won't let me. I can't even post the site here in forum. Just search for Apply for a new temporary resident visa from within Canada

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Julsen said:
Hi bubblesandme,

Thanks again.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/extend-stay.asp

Jeebrel

Star Member
May 23, 2012
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
May 2015
Bubblesandme said:
Very effective! I called again and agent confirmed to me that my approved OWP has been mailed last Oct. 29. I should receive it not later than next week. Wooohhooooooo!!!

Timeline:

Application received: aug.12, 2013
OWP approved and mailed: oct. 29,2013

Goodluck to everyone waiting for their OWP. :) and let me share 1 thing I learned, be resourceful and patient in the waiting game! :))

Hahaha congrats! Iba na talaga nagagawa ng makulit ... Balitaan mo ako kapag na reciev mo na ha, ung akin kasi diretso sa representative ko, thanks! ;D

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jeebrel said:
Hahaha congrats! Iba na talaga nagagawa ng makulit ... Balitaan mo ako kapag na reciev mo na ha, ung akin kasi diretso sa representative ko, thanks! ;D
You're the best teacher! Lol! Yeah, sabihan mo din Ako. Next = p.r! Kitakits hanggang finals. :))

Jeebrel

Star Member
May 23, 2012
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
May 2015
Bubblesandme said:
You're the best teacher! Lol! Yeah, sabihan mo din Ako. Next = p.r! Kitakits hanggang finals. :))

Best teacher talaga sa kakulitan hehehe ... :p
Sure babalitaan kita kapag nareceive na ;) ...
And yes, kita kits until finals 8)