+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lets share timelines 2013 Live in caregiver PR/OPW Applicants

gossipgirl

Mar 20, 2011
L.O.R.A. said:
My passport is valid until November 2018, and they issued work permit until October 2017. But I`m hoping to get my PR by then anyways! :)
I just hope they would not based it on the passport that i sent.

gossipgirl

Mar 20, 2011
hi guys ive got good news! I called CIC awhile
ago and the agent told me that my OWP is approved and they will send it today. i should be recieving it sometimes next week or 1-2 weeks. Woot woot!!! god is good! exactly 3 months.

L.O.R.A.

Oct 17, 2013
gossipgirl said:
ago and the agent told me that my OWP is approved and they will send it today. i should be recieving it sometimes next week or 1-2 weeks. Woot woot!!! god is good! exactly 3 months.
Congratulations!!! Good luck in your new life! :)

Jeebrel

Star Member
May 23, 2012
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
May 2015
gossipgirl said:

Wow congrats!!!,
@bubblesome we are next woooot woooot....

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gossipgirl said:
Congrats girl! Weeeeeee!! It's time to parteeeyyyy.... :))

@jeebrel: I hope so... :)) keep on praying.

Arev

Oct 24, 2013
Hi! Newbie here.....just submitted my OWP & PR application Oct 5, 2013....received by CIC Oct 9, 2013 (according to the courier tracking status) ....no email received yet as of today...any idea when do you think i will receive the email from CIC? Thank you in advance...God bless to all waiting applicants...:)

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Arev said:
Hi! Newbie here.....just submitted my OWP & PR application Oct 5, 2013....received by CIC Oct 9, 2013 (according to the courier tracking status) ....no email received yet as of today...any idea when do you think i will receive the email from CIC? Thank you in advance...God bless to all waiting applicants...:)
Hi,
You can give them a call if you don't here from them after next week. I didn't get an email confirming receipt of my application from CIC till almost 2weeks after. But as long as the courier confirmed delivery, rest easy and give them a little time before calling.
I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.
Cheers:)

And a big CONGRATULATIONS to everyone that got their OWP. For those of us still waiting, ours is on the way:)
Have a blessed weekend everyone:)

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Hi Everyone,
Please a quick question. I have sent in my application for PR and OWP. While waiting for the OWP, im still working for my same employer and would like to go on vacation to the US. My question is, do i need to first apply for a TRV to access re-entry back into canada, and then apply for a US visa separately? Or can i just apply for a US visa only.
My second question is, what's the longest time i can take for a vacation? I know the LIC contract usually states 2 weeks, but is it possible to go away for a month if i get a letter from my employer stating the extended vacation time?

Thanks for your help.

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Julsen said:
Hi Everyone,
Please a quick question. I have sent in my application for PR and OWP. While waiting for the OWP, im still working for my same employer and would like to go on vacation to the US. My question is, do i need to first apply for a TRV to access re-entry back into canada, and then apply for a US visa separately? Or can i just apply for a US visa only.
My second question is, what's the longest time i can take for a vacation? I know the LIC contract usually states 2 weeks, but is it possible to go away for a month if i get a letter from my employer stating the extended vacation time?

Thanks for your help.
You don't need a TRV in coming back to canada from U.S as long as your work permit is current or not expiring soon when you do your travel. But in crossing the border going to u.s you will need a U.S visa. Letter confirming you have a job when you return to canada will be helpful but I don't think border officer will ask for it as long as your work permit and passport are current until the time you come back. But in case this will be handy. :) read some forum titled "trv" in this site, you might get new information as well.

ynahvie

Star Member
Nov 23, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gossipgirl said:
oh yeah thats one of my concern thanks for addressing it, actually mine will expire june 2014 but i already submitted my application however i did renew my passport what to do now? thanks appreciated

They always based on the passport if you renewed it the longest owp is 4 yrs if not they will give you based on the date on your passport if it is only few months left they will issue you on that lenght that is why better to renew it save time save money.

Jeebrel

Star Member
May 23, 2012
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
May 2015
Julsen said:
Hi,
You can give them a call if you don't here from them after next week. I didn't get an email confirming receipt of my application from CIC till almost 2weeks after. But as long as the courier confirmed delivery, rest easy and give them a little time before calling.
I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.

And a big CONGRATULATIONS to everyone that got their OWP. For those of us still waiting, ours is on the way:)
Have a blessed weekend everyone:)

You are right ours is on the way ;) .... Kindly share your timeline, ;)

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Bubblesandme said:
You don't need a TRV in coming back to canada from U.S as long as your work permit is current or not expiring soon when you do your travel. But in crossing the border going to u.s you will need a U.S visa. Letter confirming you have a job when you return to canada will be helpful but I don't think border officer will ask for it as long as your work permit and passport are current until the time you come back. But in case this will be handy. :) read some forum titled "trv" in this site, you might get new information as well.
Thank you for your reply. This was really helpful:)
Have a great weekend ahead.