Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/13
Med's Request
6/3/14
Med's Done....
June 2014 LC2 Docs sent 2 CPCV-7/14/14 Med's rcvd-ecas Jul 18,14 LC2 docs rcvd by cic July 17 Add'l docs sent April 7,15; Med Re-assessment done Oct 12,15
Interview........
Nov. 19, 15
Passport Req..
& Approval Oct. 24,15
VISA ISSUED...
12/16/delivered 12/26
LANDED..........
LC2-January 2016
Julsen said:
Thanks for your reply strawberry.
Oh my! I think i may have made a huge mistake ???. I filled in "family class" and "dependent child", then went ahead to pay the fees under family class applicants. Oh my! what a mess! What do i do now?? Luckily, i haven't sent out the form. Does that mean i have lost the $75 i paid?
Why doesn't CIC take people's calls ,so mistakes like this can be avoided ? :(
Hi Julsen! Am I late with my corrections or you sent the forms even before i replied? Just hoping its not my reply that you made the mistake... In my opinion, you're not alone doing that mistake on that part... I guess they will base it on your previous records or application. But hoping they will accept your calls for clarification.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Strawberry28 said:
Hi Julsen! Am I late with my corrections or you sent the forms even before i replied? Just hoping its not my reply that you made the mistake... In my opinion, you're not alone doing that mistake on that part... I guess they will base it on your previous records or application. But hoping they will accept your calls for clarification.
Hi Strawberry, no i haven't sent the forms out yet. And no, it's not your reply that i made the mistake :).
I will go ahead and correct it to "Economic class" and "LCP". Is this the correct way, even though my son is LC2? Also, please could you send me the link for the payment of fees, so i am clear about what fees to pay?
I recall that i already paid a fee when i sent out the first application in 2013
Thank you so much, you a a life saver!

Strawberry28

May 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/13
Med's Request
6/3/14
Med's Done....
June 2014 LC2 Docs sent 2 CPCV-7/14/14 Med's rcvd-ecas Jul 18,14 LC2 docs rcvd by cic July 17 Add'l docs sent April 7,15; Med Re-assessment done Oct 12,15
Interview........
Nov. 19, 15
Passport Req..
& Approval Oct. 24,15
VISA ISSUED...
12/16/delivered 12/26
LANDED..........
LC2-January 2016
Julsen said:
Hi Strawberry, no i haven't sent the forms out yet. And no, it's not your reply that i made the mistake :).
I will go ahead and correct it to "Economic class" and "LCP". Is this the correct way, even though my son is LC2? Also, please could you send me the link for the payment of fees, so i am clear about what fees to pay?
I recall that i already paid a fee when i sent out the first application in 2013
Thank you so much, you a a life saver!
:)

hubby told me, the first part of imm0008 is all about the Lc1, that's why it must be "economic" and "LCP" then the second part is about the principal applicant (spouse) and third is for Dependents (children)

Better check your receipts, but do not be confused that RPRF is different from the 550 each for you and spouse and 150 for each dependent children upon submission of application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp#rprf

4. Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
Getting your permanent resident status – Fees
Application for $CAN
Getting your permanent resident status 490
Principal applicants (with some exceptions) and spouses and common-law partners coming with them to Canada must pay this fee. Applicants must pay this fee before CIC issues the permanent resident visa or before the applicant becomes a permanent resident in Canada.

These people do not have to pay this fee:

dependent children of a principal applicant or sponsor, a child to be adopted, or an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild; and
protected persons, including Convention refugees.

dipkaur

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Hi friends
My hus had medical yesterday.. He has kidney stones.. Do you know is that gonna problem for getting medical clearance ? I m so worried ..please reply
Thank you

blackeyes28

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-May-15
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-June-15
IELTS Request
SA 13-July-15
File Transfer...
13-July-15
Med's Request
ECAS in process: 05-Aug-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
(DM & PPR)05-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Feb-16
LANDED..........
31-Mar-16
Sveti28 said:
Landed yesterday!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D :) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
congratulations! :p

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Strawberry28 said:
:)

hubby told me, the first part of imm0008 is all about the Lc1, that's why it must be "economic" and "LCP" then the second part is about the principal applicant (spouse) and third is for Dependents (children)

Better check your receipts, but do not be confused that RPRF is different from the 550 each for you and spouse and 150 for each dependent children upon submission of application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp#rprf

4. Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
Getting your permanent resident status – Fees
Application for $CAN
Getting your permanent resident status 490
Principal applicants (with some exceptions) and spouses and common-law partners coming with them to Canada must pay this fee. Applicants must pay this fee before CIC issues the permanent resident visa or before the applicant becomes a permanent resident in Canada.

These people do not have to pay this fee:

dependent children of a principal applicant or sponsor, a child to be adopted, or an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild; and
protected persons, including Convention refugees.
I can't thank you enough strawberry. Thank you for the detailed explanation.
I was able to review my past payments, and yes i already paid the 700( 550+150 for me and dependent).
In my case, I read that i don't have to pay the 490 RPRF for my son. So I'm guessing i don't have to pay anything at this point.Doesn't CIC usually inform us of when to pay the RPRF though?

Thanks again strawberry, you have been so helpful :)

dipkaur

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Julsen said:
I can't thank you enough strawberry. Thank you for the detailed explanation.
I was able to review my past payments, and yes i already paid the 700( 550+150 for me and dependent).
In my case, I read that i don't have to pay the 490 RPRF for my son. So I'm guessing i don't have to pay anything at this point.Doesn't CIC usually inform us of when to pay the RPRF though?

Thanks again strawberry, you have been so helpful :)
Hi julsen
$550 is different fees which we all paid when we submitted our application for pr
RPRF (which is $490) is different which we have to pay before the interview . Yes cic ll inform you when you have to pay RPRF .. You donot have to pay this for your son ...
So you have to pay that fees before yours interview
Thank you

Strawberry28

May 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/13
Med's Request
6/3/14
Med's Done....
Interview........
Nov. 19, 15
Passport Req..
& Approval Oct. 24,15
VISA ISSUED...
12/16/delivered 12/26
LANDED..........
LC2-January 2016
@ Julsen

Yes, you need to pay the 490 for yourself only but you can already pay for it online like what we did and not wait for CIC's notice to avoid another delay of processing. Print copies of the receipt for you and another enclosed with the additional documents of your son to be sent to CIC. :)

Strawberry28

May 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/13
Med's Request
6/3/14
Med's Done....
Interview........
Nov. 19, 15
Passport Req..
& Approval Oct. 24,15
VISA ISSUED...
12/16/delivered 12/26
LANDED..........
LC2-January 2016
Sveti28 said:
CONGRATS!!! :D :D Do you have any dependents?

clairelyza

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
Does any body here that didn't accompanied their children to canada and they just travel alone or accompanied by somebody else? Im just kinda confuse about getting a travel clearance if they need it or not. My friend will bring my kids over here in canada next year. Here what the DSWD says:

Who needs a DSWD Travel Clearance to leave the Philippines?

A Filipino minor traveling alone from the Philippines to a foreign country ;
A Filipino minor traveling from the Philippines to a foreign country accompanied by a person other than his or her parents.

Who does not need a DSWD Travel Clearance to leave the Philippines?

A Filipino minor traveling with either parent, with his or her solo parent or legal guardian;
A Filipino minor whose parents are in the Foreign Service
A Filipino minor who holds a temporary or permanent resident visa of another country and is rejoining the parents in that country
A child holding a foreign passport

Minors exempted from the DSWD Travel Clearance requirement

A minor is exempted from obtaining a DSWD Travel Clearance if he or she:

Holds a permanent residency card or visa issued by another country;
Holds a valid pass such as Dependent Visa, Dependent Pass, Dependent Identification, Permanent Resident Visa, Permanent Resident Pass, or Permanent Resident Identification Card is no longer required to secure a DSWD Travel Clearance;
Was born abroad and has foreign citizenship;
Holds a foreign passport.

A Filipino minor who lives abroad but does not hold a Permanent Resident Visa, Permanent Resident Pass, or Permanent Resident Identification Card is required to secure a DSWD Travel Clearance.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
dipkaur said:
Hi julsen
$550 is different fees which we all paid when we submitted our application for pr
RPRF (which is $490) is different which we have to pay before the interview . Yes cic ll inform you when you have to pay RPRF .. You donot have to pay this for your son ...
So you have to pay that fees before yours interview
Thank you
Thanks dipkaur :) I appreciate your help.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Sveti28 said:
Congratulations!!!. just in time for Christmas :)

jagged

Nov 28, 2007
emaseb said:
wow, we got the same officer.... where is he now? lol
I would like to find out where he is. He's a total assho%^! He just refused my niece after she waited almost 4 years, because she didn't get the passports for her children quick enough, She never knew she needed them until Feb 2, then she scrambled to get her family to ride the bus to Manila 4 hours each way with 2 young boys to get them, then fly there after they were finally processed to pick them up, for some reason an imaginary 90 days had passed, without the required documents, so even after over 3 years had passed, this clown decided to refuse her because he didn't get the documents in 90 days!!!! I hope he chokes on his lunch.