+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jstooper

Mar 27, 2016
January applicants who got approved:

Did you get any blank updates in between the process or did you get a monthly email saying there has been no update to your application and thank you for your patience?

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
faisalfahmad said:
any paper applicant who applied in mid-January. I applied by paper and have no way of knowing how is it going with paper applicants?
sent on 18th february, received on 21st feb pgwp paper application. no news yet. paper application was faster at that time. 120 days vs 135 now the scenario just got reversed. :'( :'( :'( :p :p

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hi jubear,

If you remember, I applied for my new TRV from India as I had to return back from Canada in September last year. I received the TRV last week without any problems. So now I can go back this month and start my job search.

However, I'm in a little dilemma regarding PR right now. I will be able to apply for "Ontario's Immigrant Nominee Program- International Students Masters Graduate Stream" with my Masters Degree (recd in April 2015) not until the beginning of September because I will have completed one of the requirements "minimum 1 year of cumulative stay in Ontario in past 2 years from date of application" only in September and not before that, as I have always been travelling out of Canada in the past 2 years. But that is not the problem.

My problem is - I need to travel back to India for 2-3 months in Dec or Jan for my mother's THR surgery, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to leave Canada while the above application is in process?

I'm asking this because one of my friends who applied under this received a "phone call" during their application period to "verify status in Canada". So if I receive such a phone call while I'm outside Canada, I may be in trouble.

Any idea if I can travel out of Canada while my nomination is in process? My work permit is valid until end of 2018 so there would no problem with that, but I'm just not sure if I can leave while the nomination thing is in process and they call me up and receive no response.

Here's the OINP page: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERS.html

Thanks so much in advance...

mantramugdha

Feb 27, 2016
Applied Feb 4th - Waiting --- We have to be patient, I havent heard of any approvals beyond Jan 26th. I am guessing Vitro should get it within the next week.

salmaniut

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
Extension of PGWP

Applied by paper- Dec 24

Received by CIC- Dec 29

Permit issued- March 24

Permit delivery- April 01

Hope it helps you guys.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Hi jubear,

My problem is - I need to travel back to India for 2-3 months in Dec or Jan for my mother's THR surgery, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to leave Canada while the above application is in process?

I'm asking this because one of my friends who applied under this received a "phone call" during their application period to "verify status in Canada". So if I receive such a phone call while I'm outside Canada, I may be in trouble.

Any idea if I can travel out of Canada while my nomination is in process? My work permit is valid until end of 2018 so there would no problem with that, but I'm just not sure if I can leave while the nomination thing is in process and they call me up and receive no response.

Here's the OINP page: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERS.html

Thanks so much in advance...
Nevillek,

Option 1:
Yes you can travel. Inform your OINP office before you leave and perhaps update your address (to Indian address) and again on your return (to Canadian address) in your PNP profile. Then make sure that you have;
- A valid TRV
- A valid PGWP
- A valid Passport

Be careful of the time you spend outside Canada.

Option 2:
Since one of the requirements is to apply within 2 years of the date on which your Masters degree was granted (in your case April, 2015), then you can consider applying after you return. Most probably your degree was granted in May (check to confirm and plan accordingly). If so, then you have until May 2017.

I can understand you want to be there for your mum and family. Its a good thing. However, do not let that situation hinder you from making another important decision such as applying for OINP on time. In other words, plan to travel in the 1st week of December, 2016 and return any time in February, 2017. That buys you about 2 - 3 months to apply in 2017 and then stay in Canada.

Also you can only really exercise option 1 & 2 if;
- You demonstrate that you've accumulated at least 12 months of residence in Ontario in the 24 months prior to the submission of the application. So please make sure that you do your math before you apply.

Opportunities like these come once and IRCC only cares about itself.

Option 3:

Speak to an agent at the OINP offices about your situation to confirm before you make any important decisions.

Good luck! It was nice to hear that you got your TRV.

Cheers!

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
Hello guys, my spouse is in private college which offers diploma. Once course is competed, will she be eligible for pgwp ?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PK_11 said:
Hello guys, my spouse is in private college which offers diploma. Once course is competed, will she be eligible for pgwp ?
PK_11,

Not necessarily. In your spouse's case and among **other requirements, it depends on three things mainly;

a) The private college/university must be operating under the same rules and regulations as public DLIs
b) The college must be authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees, but only if your spouse is enrolled in one of the programs of study leading to a degree as authorized by the province and not in all programs of study offered by the private institution.
c) If living in Quebec, your spouse must have completed a program at a private institution that offers programs of at least 900 hours.

Further info can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

Cheers!

Vitro

Mar 17, 2016
mantramugdha said:
Applied Feb 4th - Waiting --- We have to be patient, I havent heard of any approvals beyond Jan 26th. I am guessing Vitro should get it within the next week.
Hopefully!