Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

qqqin111999

Mar 18, 2016
Hi this is my timeline:

Online application
Applied on Jan. 13th
Approved on Mar. 21st with 3 years
Waiting for the hard copy now...

Actually I didnt provide the hard copy of my study permit extension when I apply for the pgwp (SP extension was approved in August 2015, but I received it on Mar. 3rd, 2016 cuz of online system's error. I called the cic agent on Nov. 2nd 2015, even though they helped me send an email to visa office, it still took 4 months to get a SP which was already invalid.... I have already graduated for 4 months) Yes, I applied pgwp with an explanation letter whithin 90 days.

Something I heard about pgwp application:
1. There is a guy who applied by paper on Jan 19th and got approval on Feb. 18th or Feb 19th. (maybe paper application is faster?
2. 4 guys who finished 1800 hours dep program in Montreal went for border application, however they only got 1.5 years pgwp cuz the officer thought they only took 15 months to finish the program. (Sometimes the length of pgwp is depending on officers?
3. My friend got pgwp only for 10 months, yes, valid until this Oct. cuz he forgot his passport is going to be invalid. After he got his new passport and wanted to renew his pgwp in border, he was refused.

Good luck

jcee75

Mar 24, 2016
zpdean said:
Anyone applied online before 22nd January but still waiting for the result...?

So stressful :-[

I applied on January 18th 2016

February 19 got blank updates
March 18 got blank one again

March 24 got approval for 3 years work permit

Dont worry you will get it soon in couple of days

jstooper

Mar 27, 2016
I received an email for my PGWP application saying "There have been no updates to your application W****** since you last checked your MyCIC account. Thank you for your patience."
I have not received any blank updates and it has been a month. Is this usual? Is there anything I should do?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jstooper said:
I received an email for my PGWP application saying "There have been no updates to your application W****** since you last checked your MyCIC account. Thank you for your patience."
I have not received any blank updates and it has been a month. Is this usual? Is there anything I should do?

Jstooper,

Its a generic message automated by the system. Almost every applicant receives it at some point. It simply means that your application is still in process. All you can do is patiently wait as usual.

Cheers and enjoy the long weekend!

jstooper

Mar 27, 2016
jubear said:
Jstooper,

Its a generic message automated by the system. Almost every applicant receives it at some point. It simply means that your application is still in process. All you can do is patiently wait as usual.

Cheers and enjoy the long weekend!
Thanks. You too.

Vitro

Mar 17, 2016
Honestly,

I feel PGWP should be given directly after you finish your degree requirement.
Waiting for it kills my potential and I start hating the day I decided to come to Canada. :mad:

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
Vitro said:
Honestly,

I feel PGWP should be given directly after you finish your degree requirement.
Waiting for it kills my potential and I start hating the day I decided to come to Canada. :mad:
Technically, CIC is doing what you proposed... As long as you applied for PGWP within 90 days after your graduation, you are authorized to work in Canada with the "implied status"

Vitro

Mar 17, 2016
imarchuang said:
Technically, CIC is doing what you proposed... As long as you applied for PGWP within 90 days after your graduation, you are authorized to work in Canada with the "implied status"

It isn't always about working. Think about it, if you want to travel overseas and planning to come back? You have to get your PGWP first and renew your TRV which is most of the time get expired at the end of the program!. So it's just annoying and a lot of paper and repetitive applications.

anyway, my opinion represent me and this is what I think "waste of time" and CIC should be more productive and clear of their entire process.

Vitro

Mar 17, 2016
Vitro said:
It isn't always about working. Think about it, if you want to travel overseas and planning to come back? You have to get your PGWP first and renew your TRV which is most of the time get expired at the end of the program!. So it's just annoying and a lot of paper and repetitive applications.

anyway, my opinion represent me and this is what I think "waste of time" and CIC should be more productive and clear of their entire process.
In addition, if an employee wants you to visit there head-office (as an orientation for new employee) which is outside Canada, will you be still under implied status?. Of Course NO and implied status will be become useless in this case.

Good night

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
imarchuang said:
i graduated 7 months ago. still waiting for my work permit. they made a mistake on first permit now have to wait for correction under implied status. I dont know how to express my feelings here. hats off to those who waited for 200 and 210 days already. no employer is ready to give me job. even odd job is very difficult to find this time to make living.

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
Vitro said:
In addition, if an employee wants you to visit there head-office (as an orientation for new employee) which is outside Canada, will you be still under implied status?. Of Course NO and implied status will be become useless in this case.

Good night
Yup, I concur with what you stated. In terms of going outside of Canada, "implied status" is definitely a hell.