+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Ares91

Sep 26, 2015
jubear said:
Ares91,

Its impossible to determine what will happen. Sometimes it all depends on what agent is processing your application. Hope for an oversight on the agent's part. Also do not sweat it too much and stay positive. Its a minor error.

Cheers!
thanks jubear, I hope it's not a big deal

996hardeep

Jul 2, 2014
Toronto
Nomination.....
27-09-2017
need help!!!!1

i applied for pgwp on october 3 2015
now my status is cancelled but at final decision it shows not started
i called cic they asked me to wait according to the processing time as there is problem with cic

and moreover i had extended my study permit earlier this year and cic have given me two different UCI number.

what should i do?

henry786

Nov 19, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Here is my updated timeline:

Applied: July 23rd
Paid : full fee $255
Blank updates: 22nd oct, 19 Nov
PGWP Approval: 20th Nov
Mail Delivery: 25th Nov
Total Processing Time: 123 days

TRV Application
Applied: 26th Nov
Paid : full fee $150
Blank updates: 27th Nov
Request for passport: 3rd Dec
TRV Approval: 10th Dec
Passport Delivery: 11th Dec

Good luck to everyone.

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
I'm sorry to hear that y54su, did CIC explain the reason?

y54su said:
FEEL SAD, cic told me that my application has been refused.........Nothing get after waiting 213 days

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
Hi All/ Jubear , I need help. Today , I got a letter from CIC refusing my application for PGWP which I made on June 2nd .The reason given for the refusal was basically due to my passport issue. By the time I applied, my Passport was valid till September. Immediately I got a new passport in October I uploaded it even though CIC did not ask for it. But apparently it was a futile effort. My Temporary Resident Status also expired today and I have been asked to apply for restoration within 90 days. Now , what am I applying to restore? Should I apply for restoration of my Temporary Residence Visa and PGWP?

Asukita555

Dec 7, 2015
Hi all.
I applied PGWP June 6th and still haven't received it yet.I have already called CIC and talked to an agent 5 times so far.
They sent request to main office to work on my visa,and it's been 2 weeks since then....my status is still open.
I did many things that I can do ,and I sent e-mail to MP in my region.
I am almost burn out and tired of waiting visa which I don't know when it's coming....
Do i just have to be patient and wait till it approved?I feel I have already waited enough time .

saltysalt

Dec 6, 2015
I applied for PGWP on June 16 and it was approved on Nov 26 and delivered to me on Nov 30. I have my off-campus work permit and was fortunate enough to (eventually) find an employer who understands "implied status" thing.

I mailed paper application (IMM form, passport, copy of PGWP, photos) for TRV right after receiving PGWP and it was delivered to Ottawa office on Dec 2 . I'm a little freaked out for TRV now because I have friend's wedding to attend on Dec 26 and I have to leave Canada by Dec 24 due to the time zone difference. I guess this is not considered as urgent as those who have family emergencies, but she's been my closest friend since we were literally 7 or 8, so I can't imagine if I have to miss her most important life event :(

Another friend who applied for PGWP in early July got hers in mid Nov (a week before me), though we are graduating from a same university, submitted the same type of materials...So I really don't know if CIC is respecting the submission time frame that much. Best of luck for those who haven't got it yet!

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
Hi,somebody should please advise on my case above.Since CIC specifically mentioned fees for restoration of status and other " immigration document (s)", can i go ahead and just apply for 1.Restoration of study permit. 2.Restoration of status and 3.PGWP?

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Hi, i would say call them tomorrow and ask them. or wait for advise from Jubear. he is very helpful in this forum to me so far.

dont worry. everything will be fine sooner or later.

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Hi! I delivered my passport to Ottawa on Dec 7 (I sent it out on Dec 4).... I'm still waiting... what's your status now? Mine is submittted.

saltysalt said:
I applied for PGWP on June 16 and it was approved on Nov 26 and delivered to me on Nov 30. I have my off-campus work permit and was fortunate enough to (eventually) find an employer who understands "implied status" thing.

I mailed paper application (IMM form, passport, copy of PGWP, photos) for TRV right after receiving PGWP and it was delivered to Ottawa office on Dec 2 . I'm a little freaked out for TRV now because I have friend's wedding to attend on Dec 26 and I have to leave Canada by Dec 24 due to the time zone difference. I guess this is not considered as urgent as those who have family emergencies, but she's been my closest friend since we were literally 7 or 8, so I can't imagine if I have to miss her most important life event :(

Another friend who applied for PGWP in early July got hers in mid Nov (a week before me), though we are graduating from a same university, submitted the same type of materials...So I really don't know if CIC is respecting the submission time frame that much. Best of luck for those who haven't got it yet!

saltysalt

Dec 6, 2015
xiaopan said:
Hi! I delivered my passport to Ottawa on Dec 7 (I sent it out on Dec 4).... I'm still waiting... what's your status now? Mine is submittted.
I have no idea because I sent paper application instead of online application, so there is no way for me to track the application status.

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
I see.. that's annoying. It has the same processing time approximately.

saltysalt said:
I have no idea because I sent paper application instead of online application, so there is no way for me to track the application status.