+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

yvonnechen

Dec 7, 2015
email sent. Applied in Sept 10, received blank emails monthly, still waiting :'( :'( :'(
hope can get wp before the end of this year

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
yvonnechen said:
email sent. Applied in Sept 10, received blank emails monthly, still waiting :'( :'( :'(
hope can get wp before the end of this year
Hi, i dont understand your massage?
which email bro?

bluebloodedb

Dec 3, 2015
I thank God the wait is over.

Applied: May 15th
CIC $100 request: September 21st
CIC transcript request: November 27th
Approval: December 9th
Mail Delivery: Still waiting
Total days of processing: 207 days

Thanks for all the advice and information. For the rest that are waiting don't give up hope yours will surely come. Happy holidays!

DK15

Nov 22, 2015
Hi. Please how did you submit your transcript to them, fax, CSE, mail etc? How long was the deadline they gave you for it, if any? My application is still being processed and I will post the timeline after all this is over but right now I'm getting really worried as to why they suddenly started asking people for transcripts and I want to plan ahead just in case. Thank you very much and your reply will be greatly appreciated.

bluebloodedb said:
I thank God the wait is over.

Applied: May 15th
CIC $100 request: September 21st
CIC transcript request: November 27th
Approval: December 9th
Mail Delivery: Still waiting
Total days of processing: 207 days

Thanks for all the advice and information. For the rest that are waiting don't give up hope yours will surely come. Happy holidays!

DK15

Nov 22, 2015
Here's my timeline by the way;

Applied on : 1st september 2015
Blank update: 7 november (and only then so far.)
Still waiting ...100 days (as of 10 december 2015)

Still hoping things will get better soon but this is far from the canada we dreamed of, really dreadful! :(

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Hi guys,

Got my PGWP in the mail yesterday! Here is my timeline:

Applied: June 26th (paid full amount)
5 blank updates over the time like clockwork every 4 weeks
Approved: December 4th, 2015 (162 days or 5 months, 9 days)
Mail Delivery: December 9th, 2015 (167 days or 5 month, 14 days)

Good luck to all! I will not be applying for my TRV until I renew my passport and I will probably just extend my PGWP at the border and then renew the TRV online once and for all! For now at least I get to go across the border for Christmas :).

nkhorasi

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-9-2016
Nomination.....
19-8-2016
AOR Received.
21-9-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
jubear said:
Hi Memehn,

You applied using the wrong form. Form IMM5708E is for those applicants who have visitor status in Canada and wishing to extend or restore their status.

As a WP holder (in your case, a PGWP) you should have applied using form IMM5257E. Its possible you didn't answer the eligibility questionnaire correctly.

Its imperative that you answer questions such as these correctly:
**1- What would you like to do in Canada? Work
2- Current country of residence? Canada
3- Immigration status in Canada? Worker
4- What best describes your situation? OWP

Question 1 is where most applicants make the error. As applicants with a WP, we apply for a TRV in order to return as a worker after a visit/travelling outside Canada.

Cheers!
I think I made the same mistake. Is there a way to revert back or change application forms? Please guide

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Nice!

mets15 said:
Hi guys,

Got my PGWP in the mail yesterday! Here is my timeline:

Applied: June 26th (paid full amount)
5 blank updates over the time like clockwork every 4 weeks
Approved: December 4th, 2015 (162 days or 5 months, 9 days)
Mail Delivery: December 9th, 2015 (167 days or 5 month, 14 days)

Good luck to all! I will not be applying for my TRV until I renew my passport and I will probably just extend my PGWP at the border and then renew the TRV online once and for all! For now at least I get to go across the border for Christmas :).

bluebloodedb

Dec 3, 2015
Hi. Please how did you submit your transcript to them, fax, CSE, mail etc? How long was the deadline they gave you for it, if any? My application is still being processed and I will post the timeline after all this is over but right now I'm getting really worried as to why they suddenly started asking people for transcripts and I want to plan ahead just in case. Thank you very much and your reply will be greatly appreciated.

Hello DK15 they sent a link in the mail they sent to me which was linked to that page having the documents I previously uploaded my passport bio data page, Graduation letter, e.t.c so I just scanned my transcript and uploaded via the link. Just read whatever message they send to you and follow their instructions. Remember to always check the READ MESSAGES tab once you get a notification in your email. Luckily for me my school gave me my transcript and my certificate when I graduated so when CIC requested for my transcript I used a scanner app on my phone and sent it immediately. I think the reason they asked for my transcripts was because my graduation letter said my program was a two year program but I spent three years in school due to the fact I had an internship and an extra term as well so maybe they wanted to verify on my transcript if I did part time or skipped a term. Cheers!

DK15

Nov 22, 2015
Thank you very much for the reply. I have one more question about the transcript, was it the official or the unofficial one? Because the unofficial one I can easily get it from the school website without paying for it but the official one has to be in a seal and sent directly to whoever and it costs some fees. I am not sure if there's something else different between the 2 but i think i should order the official one from the school just in case. Thanks.

bluebloodedb said:

Hello DK15 they sent a link in the mail they sent to me which was linked to that page having the documents I previously uploaded my passport bio data page, Graduation letter, e.t.c so I just scanned my transcript and uploaded via the link. Just read whatever message they send to you and follow their instructions. Remember to always check the READ MESSAGES tab once you get a notification in your email. Luckily for me my school gave me my transcript and my certificate when I graduated so when CIC requested for my transcript I used a scanner app on my phone and sent it immediately. I think the reason they asked for my transcripts was because my graduation letter said my program was a two year program but I spent three years in school due to the fact I had an internship and an extra term as well so maybe they wanted to verify on my transcript if I did part time or skipped a term. Cheers!

may2015

Nov 22, 2015
Applied: May 25th (paid full amount)
Approved: November 27th
Mail Delivery: December 4th (189 days)

Applied for TRV: December 5th
Request for Passport: December 9th (sent Passport immediately)
Passport Arrived: December 10th

I have a flight on December 25th. Do you guys think I will get my passport then? What is everyone's experience? I'm a bit worried. :-[

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
PgwpUrgent said:
Updated timeline:
Applied: may 16th
Blank update: every month
Approval: 26th Nov
Mail: waiting

Have anyone know how does the mail take? Or have anyone got approved around similar time but still waiting? I feel little bit worried about it now. I live in Vancouver. Thanks.
Hello buddy i was a 16th may applicant.. Was approved on 26th nov and mail deliver was on 3rd dec.. I used to live in london ontario

petitpoussin

Dec 8, 2015
Hi Guys! Here;s my timeline for those it can help

Pwgp application (paid 155): May 15th
Request for additional 100$ : Nov 10
Decided to contact MP (toronto downtown) : Nov 10 (they're contacted me almost a week after (nov 17) that saying they called CIc and that my permit will be sent in 10 days).
Application approved : NOV 24
Mail delivery (toronto) : Nov 29

TRV application : Nov 30
Passport request: dec 2
passport arrived ottawa: dec 3
application approved: dec 8
passport received : dec 10

DONE WITH CIC AT LAST. This Forum helped me stay sane lol. HANG IN THERE GUYS :) . If anyone knows a forum like this for permanent residency application, please let me know! thanks

aquamila

Mar 20, 2015
Hi guys! I’d like to share my husband’s timeline.

PGWP Applied: June 1 (full amount paid)
Approval: December 2 (184 days)
Mail: December 10 (191 days)

During these months we tried to call to CIC several times without any success. They had only one answer for us - “Be patient, just wait”. So we were :)

I started to feel nervous in the end of September, but then I found some useful topics on the forum and then this one, and your posts, guys, helped me to calm down. So thanks for all who share their timelines, it was really supportive for us. Good luck for everybody!