+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

kristianvassilev

Jan 5, 2015
pokemon32 said:
Hi All,

I logged into CIC today and under details it shows Approved but when I click on check status & messages, the status is open and decision has not been started yet. Has anyone faced a similar situation in the past?
Hi,

Yes, it was like that for me too. I think you are approved already. Give it a day or two. They are not very good at updating their website.

inproxima

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

My timeline for a closed work permit

Applied: July 31st
Paid: $155
Updated: 24 Oct, and 20 Nov
Approval: Nov 20th

Gook luck to you all and I sincerely hope everyone who is waiting gets theirs soon.

BrinaBee

Oct 22, 2015
My permit got approved today !!!! :p :p :p :p

Applied online: May 31st
Paid: $255 in full
Updated Messages: August 12th and 18th

Thanks guys for the support. Good luck to all who are still waiting!!!! Congratulations to those who were approved today.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
BrinaBee said:
My permit got approved today !!!! :p :p :p :p

Applied online: May 31st
Paid: $255 in full
Updated Messages: August 12th and 18th

Thanks guys for the support. Good luck to all who are still waiting!!!! Congratulations to those who were approved today.
Congrats BrinaBee!! That's great, almost 6 months, but at least it's over! I guess our 'forgotten' applications are all in a queue and getting allocated to get approved while July applicants get processed timely by other officers. :/

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kristianvassilev said:
Thank you for your input & advice. I will be flying to Toronto (from Calgary) beginning of next week. There is a consulate there, and I can get a new passport, because I don't think my wife can renew my passport without me there.

Now that I think more clearly, and not out of frustration, may be we will try to get her a visitor (tourist) visa. Meanwhile I'll be working on extending my passport and PGWP, but we'll be together (even if she's not allowed to work). And then as soon as I receive my new PGWP she will apply for OWP from within Canada.

Thank you again.
Kris,

That is a really good idea to help your wife get a TRV (visitor visa).

Do you think if they refuse her a visitor visa it will negatively affect future applications (like an OWP)?
I don't think so. Why? Because the reasons for refusing a SOWP are not the same as those for someone applying for a TRV outside Canada. Furthermore, the requirements are different and the "current country of residence" at the time of applying for a SOWP will be Canada.

Cheers!

BrinaBee

Oct 22, 2015
Question...

I plan on going back home to visit mid December for xmas, my permit was only approved today so I'm guessing that I won't receive the letter for another week or so. Can I just travel and on my way back to Canada apply for the TRV at immigration? I don't think that I will have enough time to submit the application and get my passport in time to travel.

BrinaBee

Oct 22, 2015
mets15 said:
Congrats BrinaBee!! That's great, almost 6 months, but at least it's over! I guess our 'forgotten' applications are all in a queue and getting allocated to get approved while July applicants get processed timely by other officers. :/
Thanks mets15!!! Yes, 6 months of stress, anxiety and frustration...But no more...till the next step...PR application submission ;D

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
BrinaBee said:
Question...

I plan on going back home to visit mid December for xmas, my permit was only approved today so I'm guessing that I won't receive the letter for another week or so. Can I just travel and on my way back to Canada apply for the TRV at immigration? I don't think that I will have enough time to submit the application and get my passport in time to travel.
No, you cannot get a visa at immigration. You have only two ways - apply within Canada or from your home country.
In my case, even at check-in desk in airport in my home country they are checking am I have visa or not. Without visa they wouldn't let me into the plane.

Rajg

Jul 22, 2015
Applied: July 29 (Full amount paid)
Blank Update: July 31st and Oct 4

Thanks everyone on this thread and jubear, you were all amazing support! good luck to those still waiting!

nizolas

Jul 18, 2014
Jubear please update my status on the list. SOrry for the long delay before posting my PGWP status.

Approval: November 10th 2015.
Mail delivery: Still waiting.

Should I be worried that I haven't still got my PGWP by mail?? CIC confirmed that they mailed out my PGWP on NOvember 10th 2015.

Nlad

Nov 21, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have apply on June 30th and am still waiting! Really frustrating! I can see that a lot of applicants have contacted their mp. I want to send him an email. What should I include in my email?

Thanks

PgwpUrgent

Nov 21, 2015
Hi, this is my first post and I am at May 16th application. I have a question now, when I submit my application, I didn't submit my study permit together with my passport. So I just wondering is that could negatively affect my pgwp? Thanks.

joeypark7

Nov 17, 2015
Applied: June 1
Still waiting as of Nov 21

I called cic call centre last Friday and he said he will take care of it. How long do I have to wait?

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
joeypark7 said:
Applied: June 1
Still waiting as of Nov 21

I called cic call centre last Friday and he said he will take care of it. How long do I have to wait?
Usually they're saying that if nothing will change within 3 months after they sent first notice to the officer (I assume that it is what cic agent did) - to call them again and they will send one more notice to the officer.