+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Canadatoday

Nov 4, 2015
Hey people!

My status has changed from Submitted to Updated (but it still open and nothing has changed). Anyone know what that means? :eek:

inproxima

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadatoday said:
Hey people!

My status has changed from Submitted to Updated (but it still open and nothing has changed). Anyone know what that means? :eek:
That would depend on when you have submitted your application. I might be just a blank update or it might mean an officer has opened your file.

Canadatoday

Nov 4, 2015
inproxima said:
That would depend on when you have submitted your application. I might be just a blank update or it might mean an officer has opened your file.
Well, considering that I applied on April, 30. I hope it means that an officer has opened my file! :'(

swprox

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
LANDED..........
16-09-2010
Canadatoday said:
Well, considering that I applied on April, 30. I hope it means that an officer has opened my file! :'(
Same thing happened to me, and 1 day later it changed to approved.

swprox

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
LANDED..........
16-09-2010
xiaopan said:
Really? My status is very strange. The application system is not well-developed.... so many bugs..
My status showed 'updated' from 'submitted' on Thursday afternoon, but after I refreshed the page, it showed approved, again on clicking on it, it still said 'open' and 'not started'. A day later it changed to 'closed' and 'approved' and I got the email as well.

So yes, it is a little buggy, but it does mean they have or are close to finishing the application .

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
That's exciting! But it now gets back to submitted..... :'(

swprox said:
My status showed 'updated' from 'submitted' on Thursday afternoon, but after I refreshed the page, it showed approved, again on clicking on it, it still said 'open' and 'not started'. A day later it changed to 'closed' and 'approved' and I got the email as well.

So yes, it is a little buggy, but it does mean they have or are close to finishing the application .

lucatony

Sep 10, 2015
Here is my final timeline:
Applied: May 12th
Paid $100: Sept 9th (Through CSE)
Blank Update: July 27, August 1
Current Status: Approved on November 9.
Mail Delivery: November 13 (Total Waiting time 185 days).

stinson24

Sep 9, 2015
Hey guys, I guess this is my last post. Mixed feelings yo lol! I got my permit mailed home yesterday.
I applied on the 11th of May, got bounced at the border (rainbow bridge) for bringing just my official transcript and now certificate (eve though my friend did the same and was granted). 6 months later I got it. I guess I just get to stay in Canada longer. Anyway, wish everyone all the best and hope you get yours by the grace of God.

salimb

Oct 29, 2015
Sarir11 said:
Congrats!
Do u mean it was approved Saturday? Or you were noticed then
I am wondering if they work on weekends
I got the email notification, and the change on my CIC account on Saturday.
So either the process is long, or they work on the weekends ;)

salimb

Oct 29, 2015
Hey I got my PGWP accepted (yay!).
It looks like the permit does not allow you to travel.
I am currently in Toronto, what do i need to travel, and where can I apply?

Thanks!

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Me tooo!!! I just got mine approved. But I didnt see any attached approval letter yet? Did you?

salimb said:
Hey I got my PGWP accepted (yay!).
It looks like the permit does not allow you to travel.
I am currently in Toronto, what do i need to travel, and where can I apply?

Thanks!

shubham710

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Yes
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
4 December 2013
LANDED..........
19 December 2013
Hello Guyss,

I applied for the PGWP on September 30, i just got an email that your application is updated and i went their on MYCIC. Status changed from Submitted to Updated and then i refreshed and it changed to Submitted again . What does that mean ?? Anyone with the same Scenario??