Request for $100: Nov 2nd
Approval: Nov 5th, 2015
Mail Delivery: November 12th, 2015

Submitted application for TRV: November 12th, 2015
Blank Updates: November 12
Request for Passport: Not yet
Approval: Not Yet
Mail Delivery: Not Yet

How long does it take to process TRV application actually??? anyone???

I know your pain and stress to deal with this issue. Be confident and don't lose your faith and patience. I wish you guy get the Work permit soon.

oko_zenita

Oct 26, 2015
Just from the call with CIC. Very bad service by the guy on the phone, also his voice was sounding like he's already frustrated when I started talking :) :) :). Asked to help me to change my address, since online form fails to do so, he said to go on "How to change", this is so amazing. So I am May applicant and right now they're saying wait until mid January. Ridiculous.

BrinaBee

Oct 22, 2015
annie980 said:
Finally APPLICATION APPROVED!!!!

I am a MAY 27th Applicant and my application got approved today somewhere around afternoon!
Finally the torturous wait is over for me! 169 days phewww!

For so long I was under so much stress and depression and somewhere I even lost hope and started preparing to leave the country. To all those who are still waiting helplessly, have FAITH! Think positive and watch how the world turns things in your favour. Don't give up and don't lose hope!!! Good luck and I will pray that you all get your work permits approved ASAP!

Special thanks to JUBEAR for all his help. Thanks for all the support, encouragement and constant dose of hope! God bless you :)

I will write a final update when I receive my work permit in the mail.

ALL THE BEST EVERYONE!
Congratulations on your approval annie980!

I have a similar situation so your news makes me hopeful...thanks for sharing

MikeZ81

Oct 21, 2015
Applied: May 10th, 2015
Blank Updates: monthly
$100 fee paid: May 20th on CSE
Approval: November 12th, 2015
Mail Delivery: waiting

After 6 months of waiting, I finally decided to go to the MP's office yesterday afternoon. The staff member was really nice and he made a phone call for me right away. He got an answer that my application was approved and mailed out yesterday morning. They are really working on all the applications. Good luck everyone, you will get it soon.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all and congratulations on your WP approvals , I have a questions if you guys are ok to share by having a look at your WP once arrived or anyone have had experience .
So, my question is
Can we work unlimited hours ( more than 40) and can we work for two employers at the same or two jobs while on PGWP ?
Any replies in regards will be highly appreciated...Thanks in advance!! Hope for the best.. :)

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Am11 said:
Hi all and congratulations on your WP approvals , I have a questions if you guys are ok to share by having a look at your WP once arrived or anyone have had experience .
So, my question is
Can we work unlimited hours ( more than 40) and can we work for two employers at the same or two jobs while on PGWP ?
Any replies in regards will be highly appreciated...Thanks in advance!! Hope for the best.. :)
Am11,

A PGWP is an open work permit (OWP) that allows you to work for anyone you want. Well, apart from trafficking, sex trade, etc.

- Can you work for more than 40 hours? Absolutely
- Can you work for more than one employer? Absolutely

A PGWP is the best OWP that doesn't restrict you to an employer nor geographical region within Canada.

Some workplaces have a strict policy of not working more than 40hrs/week. Reason behind this is to avoid stress related/burn out issues and allow other workers the opportunity to work.

However, as mentioned before, you can work extra hours for another employer of your choice as long as you can keep up and don't get burnt out.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jubear said:
Am11,

A PGWP is an open work permit (OWP) that allows you to work for anyone you want. Well, apart from trafficking, sex trade, etc.

- Can you work for more than 40 hours? Absolutely
- Can you work for more than one employer? Absolutely

A PGWP is the best OWP that doesn't restrict you to an employer nor geographical region within Canada.

Some workplaces have a strict policy of not working more than 40hrs/week. Reason behind this is to avoid stress related/burn out issues and allow other workers the opportunity to work.

However, as mentioned before, you can work extra hours for another employer of your choice as long as you can keep up and don't get burnt out.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!
Thanks Bud!!
So it means i can work for two employers or i can do two jobs...
Great !! thanks again jubear...

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Congratulations to everyone that got their PGWP approved!. I just wanted to update my timeline

Applied: July 2nd (Full amount paid)
Blank Update: July 3rd, Oct 8th
PGWP Approval: Oct 30th
Mail Delivery: Nov 12th

Now I just have to wait for my TRV to be appoved

Good luck to the ones that are still waiting, stay strong!

postgrad

Aug 8, 2015
I didn't get any email notifications, but my work permit has been approved. I used to check my application status daily and today it is showing that a final decision has been made and application has been approved.
I was a 27th May applicant and till yesterday morning I was told that my application is in second review. So hold on guys, it is difficult i know,but it will come.
All the best to all of you, I hope u will get yours soon.
And a special thanks to the person who made this thread, this thread has worked as a pain reliever so many times.

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
Guys, I got my approval today. Although when I click on "Check status and messages", it still says open and that a decision has not yet been reached. But on the main home page, it says "Approved". It did go for an "Update" status today a couple of time before showing approved there.

needPermit
Date Applied: May 15, 2015
Blank Updates: Every month on the 13th or 14th
$100 fees: Paid thru CSE on Aug. 18th, received confirmation on Aug. 24th.
Approval: November 13, 2015 (183 days)
Mail Delivery: Waiting

I do would like to give a shout out for my MP here in Calgary Central. Buddy is on his toes to get stuff done for us. And ofcourse to Jubear, this guy deserves a medal for keeping us sane. Contact your MP please. I very sincerely hope you all get it soon now.

Cheers,
needPermit

S3samson

Nov 10, 2015
date applied:May 15
Blank Updates: Every month
Approval: November 13, 2015

i cant thank you guys enough,i was panicking and this forum made me see i was not alone.Everybody else your day is coming also,stay strong

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
That's so amazing to see how nowadays so many people got approved! That's giving me a huge hope that mine is coming soon too!

Canadatoday

Nov 4, 2015
needPermit said:
Guys, I got my approval today. Although when I click on "Check status and messages", it still says open and that a decision has not yet been reached. But on the main home page, it says "Approved". It did go for an "Update" status today a couple of time before showing approved there.

needPermit
Date Applied: May 15, 2015
Blank Updates: Every month on the 13th or 14th
$100 fees: Paid thru CSE on Aug. 18th, received confirmation on Aug. 24th.
Approval: November 13, 2015 (183 days)

I do would like to give a shout out for my MP here in Calgary Central. Buddy is on his toes to get stuff done for us. And ofcourse to Jubear, this guy deserves a medal for keeping us sane. Contact your MP please. I very sincerely hope you all get it soon now.

Cheers,
needPermit
Did you contact Kent Hehr??? I sent an email to him but no answer.

swprox

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
LANDED..........
16-09-2010
Hey Guys, my permit is finally approved. The status changes to approved yesterday, and today I got the email and the message. It is for three years.

My timeline :

Applied: May 10
Blank Updates: Monthly
Paid $100: via CSE on 21st Sept
Approved: 12th November

I am really glad I finally got it, it took more than six months. Thanks to Jubear and everyone out here, it is because of this forum I was able to survive the wait. I will still keep checking this forum to see how everyone else is doing. Good luck to all those who are waiting :).