+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_5281 said:
hey guys,

Recently I received my PGWP and now I want to apply for TRV but I am not able to find which application form we need to fill out and how we can apply. Is there anyone who can help me out.

thanks
Sam_5281,

Congratulations on getting your PGWP.

To apply for your TRV, please go to page 117 of this forum. Scroll down to a list of member's timelines and carefully read Note 5 (a) & (b). Good luck.

Cheers!

I2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

I had the same problem with my study permit, I applied on the 12th of May and my application was under process for almost 6 months until I get approved on the 31st of Oct. Therefore, I think you are right they had an undisclosed technical issue.

Regards

star1002007 said:
My husband and I got approved on Nov10. We are May 15 applicants. We contact MP one week ago. It's very helpful.
I'd like to share something with other May applicants who did not get work permit.
Mp sent me an email:The reason being all work permit application submitted in the month of May and early June are delayed due to an undisclosed technical issue during this period. However as of November 2, the issue has been ratified and CIC is taking steps to ensure that all applications are finalized as quickly as possible.
I hope everyone can get work permit soon.
Thanks for everything!

I2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Again

I formally graduated and applied for PGWP on the 11th of Nov ( yesterday ), however I still have a valid study permit and TRV that will expire on July 2016. Furthermore, I am planning to travel back home at the end of Jan and return at the end of Feb. I am wondering if I can return to canada with my current TRV and study permit.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

inproxima

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I2 said:
Hello Again

I formally graduated and applied for PGWP on the 11th of Nov ( yesterday ), however I still have a valid study permit and TRV that will expire on July 2016. Furthermore, I am planning to travel back home at the end of Jan and return at the end of Feb. I am wondering if I can return to canada with my current TRV and study permit.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
The validity of a study permit depends on when it was issued. Study permits issued after June 1, 2014 become invalid 90 days after your program is complete. If you do not apply for a PGWP within the 90 day window you must leave Canada after 90 days regardless of the expiry date. If your study permit was issued before June 1, then it is valid until it expires. For further info check out this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp and read the blue box under the "Studying while in Canada" heading.

I2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It was issued 31st of Oct 2015, the day I formally graduated ;D.

Can I travel and come back within these 90 days ?

hksgh

Nov 12, 2015
cora102092 said:
Hi guys,

Here is my Timeline
Applied: June 12
Paid the full amount of $255 on the day I applied
Blank Update: monthly
Approved: November 4 (however, my status on the home page showed approved around 1:30pm on November 5 and I did not receive my approval letter until November 6)
Delivered: November 10

I called the CIC call center once my application passed the listed processing timeline shown on the CIC website. The call center representative checked my file and told me that my application was sent to other department for secondary review. He could not give me timeline how long would it take nor the reason why my application required a secondary review. He said there is nothing he can do for me and only told me to wait patiently. I was so frustrated at that point when I heard what the representative just said to me. However, I saw someone in this post mentioned that we can look for help from our local MP, so I did. I didnt see or talk to my MP throughout the entire process. Only his assistant helped me out and sent an e-mail inquiry to CIC for me. She told me that she would give me an update in 3 days, which she did and CIC told her to check back with them after 10 business day. On the day that she told me to wait for 10 business days, my application went from submitted, updated, to approved. It was like a miracle and I could not believe what was happening, after waited for so long and saw someone mentioned that the secondary review could add another 4 months to the processing time.

It seems to me that getting help from the MPs could help tremendously, at least CIC staff would give them the actual update of our application. Therefore, I would suggest, if the processing time of your application has passed the listed date on the CIC website, you should call CIC and find out what is happening with your application and then reach out to your MP immediately.

Thank you everyone for sharing your timeline and experience! It really helped me a lot, when i was getting through this frustrating waiting period and when I didnt know what to do! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for your pgwp!

I have this same problem, so I email my MP today, but he has two email address, one is his name (under the address of ottawa) and another is his name plus C1 (under the address of my local place, Toronto). I sent my email to the second email address, but then I realized may be the second one is his assistant's email since my local MP may be working in Ottawa rather than my local place. Should I send my email again to the first email?

cora102092

Nov 6, 2015
hksgh said:
I have this same problem, so I email my MP today, but he has two email address, one is his name (under the address of ottawa) and another is his name plus C1 (under the address of my local place, Toronto). I sent my email to the second email address, but then I realized may be the second one is his assistant's email since my local MP may be working in Ottawa rather than my local place. Should I send my email again to the first email?
I went to the office directly after I gave them a call. It is harder to say no or ignore you when you are physically standing in your MP's office, also think of how many email they receive daily and how many people they actually see at the office, so just go in if you have the address. In most cases, you would only meet the MP's assistant, so dont expect it would be your MP replying your email or call or anything.

hksgh

Nov 12, 2015
cora102092 said:
I went to the office directly after I gave them a call. It is harder to say no or ignore you when you are physically standing in your MP's office, also think of how many email they receive daily and how many people they actually see at the office, so just go in if you have the address. In most cases, you would only meet the MP's assistant, so dont expect it would be your MP replying your email or call or anything.
Thank you so much for the information! Do I need to first call them to tell them my situation and make an appointment or I can just go to their office directly? What if they refuse to offer help when I call them, can I still go to their office?

annie980

Sep 24, 2015
Finally APPLICATION APPROVED!!!!

I am a MAY 27th Applicant and my application got approved today somewhere around afternoon!
Finally the torturous wait is over for me! 169 days phewww!

For so long I was under so much stress and depression and somewhere I even lost hope and started preparing to leave the country. To all those who are still waiting helplessly, have FAITH! Think positive and watch how the world turns things in your favour. Don't give up and don't lose hope!!! Good luck and I will pray that you all get your work permits approved ASAP!

Special thanks to JUBEAR for all his help. Thanks for all the support, encouragement and constant dose of hope! God bless you :)

I will write a final update when I receive my work permit in the mail.

ALL THE BEST EVERYONE!

hksgh

Nov 12, 2015
cora102092 said:
I just received an email from my local MP office, and they want me to drop by their office anytime next week. I am wondering what kind of scenes I will experience when a constituency assistants help me for my case and do I need to bring anything with me? Thank you so much for your help! Have a good weekend!

jhota

Nov 5, 2015
here is my timeline guys

Applied: May 10th, 2015
Blank Updates: every month
Request for $100: Sept 8
Approval: Nov 5
Mail Delivery: Nov 12

Good luck for everybody who are still waiting.............

cora102092

Nov 6, 2015
hksgh said:
I just received an email from my local MP office, and they want me to drop by their office anytime next week. I am wondering what kind of scenes I will experience when a constituency assistants help me for my case and do I need to bring anything with me? Thank you so much for your help! Have a good weekend!
Tell the assistant all the details of your application and express your concerns and worries about it. I dont know about your MP office, but my MP's assistant only asked for my confirmation letter of my application submission. I also brought my passport and study permit, which I suggest you should too. If you want to find out what exactly you need to bring with you, the best way is to call the office and find out.

nuendo

Oct 15, 2015
hksgh said:
Is your MP the Toronto Center Guy?

sam_5281

Nov 11, 2015
HI Jubear,

thanks for ur reply , as i want to apply for trv inside canada i read 5a note on page 117 but it gives form IMM5257E form which is for application for visitor visa (temporary resident visa) made outside of canada.Is that right form we need to apply for.

thanks

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_5281 said:
HI Jubear,

thanks for ur reply , as i want to apply for trv inside canada i read 5a note on page 117 but it gives form IMM5257E form which is for application for visitor visa (temporary resident visa) made outside of canada.Is that right form we need to apply for.

thanks
Sam_5281,

Yes, both within and outside TRV applications have the same form name, "IMM5257E." However, the document requirements differ. When you click on the Google link that I provide, it takes you straight to a google search. Click on the very first entry that says, "Apply for a new temporary resident visa from within Canada."

Once you are on the CIC website that states the same as above, follow steps 1, 2, 3, & 4.

Again, please read carefully and take your time without rushing to avoid filling in the wrong form. Secondly, be careful how you answer the questions in the questionnaire (under step 1 - determining eligibility). As a reminder you are applying as a returning worker who is currently living in Canada. I hope that helps.

Cheers and good luck!