+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

postgrad

Aug 8, 2015
Cptzawawi said:
Hello guys..
Applied may/28th got two updates called many times last time they told me my file has been
Sent to the usa and it might take up to 4 months since they sent it they said if i don't get it before December 03 i call back!! Anyone has the same thing?? :mad: :mad:
I applied on 27th may, according to cic's call agents my file is under second review. It has been a while since it has been like this. I made a case specific enquiry as well, got no reply to that. My only worry is that it does not get refused, they can take some more extra time they want.

Stefanovic

Oct 6, 2015
postgrad said:
I applied on 27th may, according to cic's call agents my file is under second review. It has been a while since it has been like this. I made a case specific enquiry as well, got no reply to that. My only worry is that it does not get refused, they can take some more extra time they want.
Yes, me to, I applied 8th June. I have 3 friends so far who got their permits in the past 2 weeks. They applied 27th May, 3rd July and 15th July. All three received in November.

So honestly have no idea when I can even expect mine.

I sent a case review as well. Just got an email saying that they received my email and is in queue for reviewing.

Well as for now, cant do anything but just wait and let time tell.

Sarir11

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-03-2016 / Asked for IMM5669 to be filled again
AOR Received.
09-11-2015
Med's Request
31-01-2016 / RPRF: 02-02-2016
Med's Done....
09-02-2016 / Med Received 03-03-2016
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
star1002007 said:
My husband and I got approved on Nov10. We are May 15 applicants. We contact MP one week ago. It's very helpful.
I'd like to share something with other May applicants who did not get work permit.
Mp sent me an email:The reason being all work permit application submitted in the month of May and early June are delayed due to an undisclosed technical issue during this period. However as of November 2, the issue has been ratified and CIC is taking steps to ensure that all applications are finalized as quickly as possible.
I hope everyone can get work permit soon.
Thanks for everything!
it is plausible why they did not disclose the problem. It could alleviate the pain and ensure applicants that it is not a personal problem but a systemic one

cora102092

Nov 6, 2015
Hi guys,

Here is my Timeline
Applied: June 12
Paid the full amount of $255 on the day I applied
Blank Update: monthly
Approved: November 4 (however, my status on the home page showed approved around 1:30pm on November 5 and I did not receive my approval letter until November 6)
Delivered: November 10

I called the CIC call center once my application passed the listed processing timeline shown on the CIC website. The call center representative checked my file and told me that my application was sent to other department for secondary review. He could not give me timeline how long would it take nor the reason why my application required a secondary review. He said there is nothing he can do for me and only told me to wait patiently. I was so frustrated at that point when I heard what the representative just said to me. However, I saw someone in this post mentioned that we can look for help from our local MP, so I did. I didnt see or talk to my MP throughout the entire process. Only his assistant helped me out and sent an e-mail inquiry to CIC for me. She told me that she would give me an update in 3 days, which she did and CIC told her to check back with them after 10 business day. On the day that she told me to wait for 10 business days, my application went from submitted, updated, to approved. It was like a miracle and I could not believe what was happening, after waited for so long and saw someone mentioned that the secondary review could add another 4 months to the processing time.

It seems to me that getting help from the MPs could help tremendously, at least CIC staff would give them the actual update of our application. Therefore, I would suggest, if the processing time of your application has passed the listed date on the CIC website, you should call CIC and find out what is happening with your application and then reach out to your MP immediately.

Thank you everyone for sharing your timeline and experience! It really helped me a lot, when i was getting through this frustrating waiting period and when I didnt know what to do! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for your pgwp!

guillecr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
mets15 said:
Implied status allows you to continue working as long as you don't step out of Canada. I am in the same boat.. working full time since graduation and unable to go for my holidays so far, had to cancel one trip already.

If you still have a valid TRV and Study permit you can go outside canada, i already did...

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
guillecr said:
If you still have a valid TRV and Study permit you can go outside canada, i already did...
I am on implied status.. However, I know I can leave and reenter even on implied as long as I show money in my account but then you cannot come back and work until the decision has been made on the PGWP. So if I left, I cannot get paid and I am salaried so I get paid regardless of days off, etc. It would be complicated to tell the employers to not pay me for an indefinite amount of time till the PGWP gets approved..

VPoutine

Sep 30, 2015
No, you can't leave the country - right after you pass the security check at an airport international terminal - you are no longer in Canada and no longer hold your implied status, i.e. can't work and can't come back to Canada.

The long story short: IF someone graduates from a Canadian university he is not a student any more even though the one has TRV and study permit with longer expiration date. They are not valid. Now, the Canadian legislation allows the graduates from the local universities apply for a work permit. That's called changing a status. After the one applied for his PGWP he acquires the "implied status" for a transition period, i.e. it is assumed the one has a work permit until he gets officially approved or rejected. It is a really nasty limbo of not being a student anymore and not being a foreign worker yet.

The fact that some ppl get through the border back in the country is a lucky coincident of the immigration officer being helpful or being unaware of the laws. So, if in a situation like that someone comes back and starts working - he violates immigration law of Canada. Even though it might seem ok, this can backfire later if the one is planning to apply for a PR or smth else. Another officer will be able to track this violation.

Hope it helps.

guillecr said:

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
VPoutine said:
No, you can't leave the country - right after you pass the security check at an airport international terminal - you are no longer in Canada and no longer hold your implied status, i.e. can't work and can't come back to Canada.

The long story short: IF someone graduates from a Canadian university he is not a student any more even though the one has TRV and study permit with longer expiration date. They are not valid. Now, the Canadian legislation allows the graduates from the local universities apply for a work permit. That's called changing a status. After the one applied for his PGWP he acquires the "implied status" for a transition period, i.e. it is assumed the one has a work permit until he gets officially approved or rejected. It is a really nasty limbo of not being a student anymore and not being a foreign worker yet.

The fact that some ppl get through the border back in the country is a lucky coincident of the immigration officer being helpful or being unaware of the laws. So, if in a situation like that someone comes back and starts working - he violates immigration law of Canada. Even though it might seem ok, this can backfire later if the one is planning to apply for a PR or smth else. Another officer will be able to track this violation.

Hope it helps.
Actually, if someone holds a valid study permit and TRV, and even no TRV but going just to the US, he can go and come as he pleases, he only becomes implied once the permit expires and he is waiting for the PGWP. Unless that's the case, it is really no issue in terms of working etc.. my friend just did that when he flew back from LA last week, he learned at the airport his PGWP was approved but he was valid till December on a study permit so it would have been no issue for him to come back and keep working..

And they will let you back in as long as you show funds in your account to survive, they just want to ensure you will not work illegally till the permit arrives. It clearly says so on the POE documents on CIC.

nrkamath

Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys

Applied: May 6th, 2015
Blank Updates: June 25, June 31
Request for $100: August 21st
Approval: October 31st, 2015
Mail Delivery: November 6th, 2015

Submitted application for TRV: November 9th, 2015
Blank Updates: November 11
Request for Passport: Not yet
Approval: Not Yet
Mail Delivery: Not Yet

For those of you who are still waiting, I know your pain. The stress is not easy to deal with. Even after getting my work permit approved, I am not happy with the way CIC dealt with this.

guillecr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
VPoutine said:

Hope it helps.

I went Back home two weeks ago (not in US) with my study permit and TRV still valid. i didnt just went thru the regular immigration, when i was at the airport i requested talk to an immigration officer because i wanted to know the situation about my PGWP i explain to him all my situation, also told him that i'm currently working and she didn't mention nothing about it. Thats is why i know that you can go outside canada while you hold a valid study permit and TRV.

This is my experience, i'm not an expert in those laws, i'm just based on my experience.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
guillecr said:
I went Back home two weeks ago (not in US) with my study permit and TRV still valid. i didnt just went thru the regular immigration, when i was at the airport i requested talk to an immigration officer because i wanted to know the situation about my PGWP i explain to him all my situation, also told him that i'm currently working and she didn't mention nothing about it. Thats is why i know that you can go outside canada while you hold a valid study permit and TRV.

This is my experience, i'm not an expert in those laws, i'm just based on my experience.
Don't worry, that's correct. You can keep working and you didn't do anything wrong. But myself and I think canadatoday are both in field-related positions on implied status, so it wouldn't be easy for us to get out and come back in without complicating things with the employer. I would not really mind if I wasn't working in a job that was related to my studies and would help with my immigration. Just wish the April/May/June people would get processed already :'(.

VPoutine

Sep 30, 2015
The US is a special case you're right, there is also a bunch of minor exceptions made for other visa exempt countries. However, to the best of my knowledge, the general rule was the one I had aforementioned.

mets15 said:
Actually, if someone holds a valid study permit and TRV, and even no TRV but going just to the US, he can go and come as he pleases, he only becomes implied once the permit expires and he is waiting for the PGWP. Unless that's the case, it is really no issue in terms of working etc.. my friend just did that when he flew back from LA last week, he learned at the airport his PGWP was approved but he was valid till December on a study permit so it would have been no issue for him to come back and keep working..

And they will let you back in as long as you show funds in your account to survive, they just want to ensure you will not work illegally till the permit arrives. It clearly says so on the POE documents on CIC.

guillecr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
BTW, Still Waiting my PGWP....i don't know what is happening with people around my application date (May 2nd)

I tried to find my MP but rigth know i'm working in Fort McMurray and the MP position appear as a VACANT.

Can i request that position? LOL

VPoutine

Sep 30, 2015
Hey buddy,

I did the same thing but back in August. The border officer at the immigration point was letting me through, however I wanted to ask about my PGWP the same way as you and went to see the immigration officer. She said I am not allowed back to Canada even though I had a full time work position, apartment rent contact, etc.

After 2 hours of consulting with her supervisor they managed to find a way to let me through with a stamp W (meaning worker) in my passport. That stamp is valid for a curtain amount of time after which I have to leave Canada unless CIC manages to approve my PGWP.

This is a story of how I started digging the Canadian Immigration Legislation in my spare time. I really hope CIC will get back on track and gets all the papers done for everybody in time.

guillecr said:

ccar

Oct 9, 2015
hi,
Just update my info

Applied: May 10th, 2015
Request for $100: Sep 9th
Approval: Nov 5th, 2015
Mail Delivery: November 11st, 2015 (Total 181 days)

Keep positive guys. Yours is always yours. Just matter of time.

Thank you