+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Canadatoday

Nov 4, 2015
chiliwilli said:
Congratulations everyone who is getting the approval in these days, specially April and May applicants.

Unfortunately, I dont have any news about my application. Still waiting...

Are there more people in same situation, early May, late April Applicants?

Cheers!
Same situation here! I applied April 30, and I received the email of my submission May, 1st and I don't receive any news yet. I made the payment of $100 at October, 08 by the website of CIC.

It is a frustrating situation, after 2 years and 8 months in a Master's Degree of Engineering I am still have to pass through this.

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Yes I am in the same situation. 16th May applicant and staying hopeful and positive after seeing so many approvals...

My MP assistant finally emailed me back and said he will look into the matter and try to investigate the problem....keepin fingers crossed... Congrats to all who got their pgwp this week....

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
I am alreayd working with sin number until april, but HR of my company has started to be concerned. Just this morning I have been asked again about my work permit. I am going to ask for help to my MP, or the MP who wants/can help me right now.

I will tell you my experience, btw, i am in Calgary.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hello ChrisV, Jace, 50-50, BPanthler, JoseCarlosg7, Adlmer, Ccar, Jhota, Gn02090867, and Status,

I just wanted to say, congratulations! The stressful and frustrating wait is over.

Don't forget to update your fellow applicants on when you received your PGWP. Remember to always check out the forum and help out others who are still waiting.

Good luck with your careers.

Cheers!

ccar

Oct 9, 2015
Thank you jubear~Thank you for all your effort. Without this forum..Maybe I just cannot hold that far...175 days...For all of you guys still waiting..dont lose hope..Yours is always yours...just matter of time.

jubear said:

Hello ChrisV, Jace, 50-50, BPanthler, JoseCarlosg7, Adlmer, Ccar, Jhota, Gn02090867, and Status,

I just wanted to say, congratulations! The stressful and frustrating wait is over.

Don't forget to update your fellow applicants on when you received your PGWP. Remember to always check out the forum and help out others who are still waiting.

Good luck with your careers.

Cheers!

Stefanovic

Oct 6, 2015
This forum has been really great! Thanks to Jubear for taking the initiative for helping us out. It has become my daily ritual to check this forum, and reading the posts have definately made me feel much better.

Any early June applicants here who still are awaiting their permit?
I applied June 8th.. still waiting.

Another question that has been troubling me. Do we need to have 4 full-time semesters to qualify for PGWP?
I have 3 sems full-time but my 4th sem - I had to take 2 in school and 1 online because the university did not have any seats available. (According to the university, I was considered full-time, because it was their fault, inspite of pay fees 2 and 1/2months in advance) And then I had to take another 1 in Jan because that course was offered only in Jan.

At the time when applying, it did not strike me that I had to send a letter to CIC explaining this, I only gave my transcipt. I anyway sent the letter early this month for case -review. I hope and pray they will review this before making a decision.

But I just want to know if this is a big deal?

I am getting really worried now.

Your reply will be appreciated.

Thanks.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Stefanovic said:
This forum has been really great! Thanks to Jubear for taking the initiative for helping us out. It has become my daily ritual to check this forum, and reading the posts have definately made me feel much better.

Another question that has been troubling me. Do we need to have 4 full-time semesters to qualify for PGWP?
I have 3 sems full-time but my 4th sem - I had to take 2 in school and 1 online because the university did not have any seats available. (According to the university, I was considered full-time, because it was their fault, inspite of pay fees 2 and 1/2months in advance) And then I had to take another 1 in Jan because that course was offered only in Jan.

At the time when applying, it did not strike me that I had to send a letter to CIC explaining this, I only gave my transcipt. I anyway sent the letter early this month for case -review. I hope and pray they will review this before making a decision.

Thanks.

I think you should be okay because the university considered you full-time. I was full time for the first three semesters and then part-time in the last as my requirements were done. As long as you don't do it any other semester except the last, it should be fine and you have explained it in your letter.. might take longer to get the decision but should be okay. Good luck!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stefanovic said:

I am getting really worried now. Your reply will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Stefanovic,

To further solidify what Mets15 said above, please check this link for PGWP info:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/students/post-grad.asp

Scroll down and click on, "Final academic session."

Relax, you will be fine.

Cheers!

paramdhanoya

Aug 2, 2013
Guys finally got approved today.... Details changed to updated and then approved.
However status is still open.
Applied: May 20
Approved: Nov 6(170 days)
Mail Delivery: Waiting.

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
chiliwilli said:
I am alreayd working with sin number until april, but HR of my company has started to be concerned. Just this morning I have been asked again about my work permit. I am going to ask for help to my MP, or the MP who wants/can help me right now.

I will tell you my experience, btw, i am in Calgary.
Update: I went to the office of MP Jason Kenney in Calgary SE, MP of the area where I work, since my MP is not established. The assistant told me that they can not help me because I live far from there. He recommended me to ask for help the nearest MP established, he gave me her name and contact.

That's all for now...

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Do you guys think there is any sense in calling CIC again? Will they say anything different than they did yesterday? :/

My MP stayed the same so I was able to get his local office, I've signed the consent form and they will look into it for me.

thunderbird22

Sep 29, 2015
I am June 8 applicant and still waiting. Very happy to see many approval in last few days. Looks like they are clearing all May applicants. Congrats to all those who got their wp and good luck to all those who r waiting.

Stefanovic said:

Thanks.

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Just got my approval letter today and it still reflects my old address even after updating it months ago using the CSE form. Does anyone else have this issue, I'm really worried that the document may be mailed to my former address!

guillecr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
Hello Everyone, I'm May 2nd applicant and still waiting, as i said, i know that my Permit is approved because i asked to a immigration officer, but i don;t have NOTHING in my CIC account....I'm currently working and until now HR department forget about me =D. the thing is that i waiting for the permit to applied for a work permit to my wife BTW im thinking to flagpole for her permit i don't want to go thru this stressful process again.

I know that others members of this forum from May 2nd still doesn't have any update.

Meanwhile i just keep low profile in my company waiting that HR do not remember my status HAHAHA, even though i'm fully allowed to work

VPoutine

Sep 30, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am a May 29th applicant. I have been just told that my application was forwarded for a "secondary" screening and it will take up to 16 weeks more.
Has anyone had smth similar? Is it some thing to worry about?

Thanks in advance