+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jijialex

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
OMG!!!!!!!!Approved :p :p

Absolutely corrected CIC started cleaning up all May application.Yesterday just checked my account got it blank updated and after some times my status is changed submitted to approved but not received any mail from CIC.

Thanks for all and jubear.I can't tell you how much happy I am, I waiting for last six month,

Hope everybody can got your work permit soon stay positive and with prayer

My timeline
Applied May 9th
Paid $100. August 24th (throu CSE)
Blank update July 24,31 and Nov 3
PGWP approved. Nov 3
Mail delivery. Pending
Total processing time. 179 days

eggsterminate

Star Member
Aug 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alex Z said:
But obtaining PGWP last year was taking 3 weeks-month, so unfortunately, 10 days for visa in December 2014 is not related to what might happened now..
Hi Alex Z,
That's absolutely not true. I applied for a TRV on Saturday evening. I got my passport request by 3pm on Monday. It took literally less than one full working day to process it.
Based on the last time I applied, the request comes after the sticker has been printed out by CPP in Ottawa as the date on the sticker and the passport request were the same. The only delay is the 2 days it will take to send the passport and get it back. The processing office is completely different and they seem far more efficient and far less short-staffed than the folks at Vegreville.

memehn

Oct 29, 2015
I want luck said:
Hi guys. I saw some people got approval under their MP's help. So I tried to send an email, I got reply from her caseworker in second day. She sent an inquire to CIC officer regarding my application. I submitted on May 19, CIC officer told her that my file has a review date of November 21, I will be allowed to inquire for a new update a month after the review date. . I am wondering if this means after Nov 21, I should be still awaiting??? I am so depressed and upset while this long time awaiting. My friends who applied on May 12, recieved PGWP a month ago and she did not pay full amount, who applied on middle of June also received PGWP. Why are they processing June and July applications while May applicants are still awaiting? I have no offense to anyone who applied after JUNE, JULY. I just don't understand what CIC's processing rules are.

And she also told me that I am in implied status , but I have no longer right to work because I am not no longer a student, and I have right to stay in Canada. I am confused now, I thought if we applied PGWP before study permit expire and within 90 days graduation, we are allow to work. is it right???Someone help me please. My study permit(combined with off campus work permit) expired on July 30.

By the way, you guys keep saying Blank Update, what is it mean? During the summer, I received emails with update, but when I log in MyCIC, nothing there, is this meaning blank update?

Do we have any other way to push CIC officer???
I know lots ppl applied in June or July got approved like months ago. I applied in May15 and I think this is really unfair to us.

gn02090867

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
jijialex said:

Absolutely corrected CIC started cleaning up all May application.Yesterday just checked my account got it blank updated and after some times my status is changed submitted to approved but not received any mail from CIC.

Thanks for all and jubear.I can't tell you how much happy I am, I waiting for last six month,

My timeline
Applied May 9th
PGWP approved. Nov 3
Mail delivery. Pending
Congrats! Just wondering did you get any help from your MP?

thineshbio

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
jijialex said:

My timeline
Applied May 9th
PGWP approved. Nov 3
Mail delivery. Pending
Hi the same happened to me. Did you get your approval letter in your CIC account ?

annie980

Sep 24, 2015
Hey Guys! This is an URGENT request

While applying for my PGWP, i only submitted the letter from my uni and not the transcripts. At the time I had an outstanding balance plus only one document was required.

TODAY I got an email from CIC requesting my transcripts. That is okay, except, before my last term, I had a year's break and it will obviously be shown on my transcripts. WILL THEY REJECT MY PGWP BECAUSE OF THAT BREAK? I was still in canada during the break, just had some financial issues that year and came back to uni to finish my last term.

Will this now delay my process further? Im a MAY 27th applicant.

Any thoughts? Advice?

RBel

Sep 9, 2015
Hey guys,

How do you pay the extra $100 using CSE? May 15th applicant here. I haven't received the prompt to pay, but I want to be proactive.

Thanks.

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Just checked myCIC and it says my application is approved :eek:

Didnt get any email though.

My Timeline was:
Applied: May 7th, 2015
Paid $100: 17th September (Was not asked by CIC, paid through CSE)
Approved on myCIC: Nov 4, 2015
Duration: 181 days

They really do seem to be clearing their backlog before the new government takes charge.

zwj1990623

Sep 14, 2015
Applied on May 19th, just mycic today, it said updated, then after 20mins, it approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Waiting for 6 months!!! Lost 2 jobs' offer!!! But it's all good!! Don't lose hope people!!!! :p :p

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jijialex said:

My timeline
Applied May 9th
PGWP approved. Nov 3
Mail delivery. Pending
Jijialex,

Its been a long time. Congratulations! A big sigh of relief indeed.

Cheers!

soymilk

Mar 20, 2014
soymilk said:
Applied: May 4th
Paid $100: Aug 19th
Blank Update: monthly
Current Status: Waiting as of Nov. 2nd
it is approved today.
Applied: May 4th
Paid $100: Aug 19th
Blank Update: monthly
Current Status: Approved at Nov. 4th

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Timeline
Applied: May 2nd
Paid $100: Aug 18th
Blank Update: July 31, Aug 30th, Sep 29th, Oct 29
Current Status: Been informed by MP that it has been approved. CIC website has not changed its status yet, but MP provided me with the work permit document number. MP also said CIC won't be able to mail out the letter this week, no time frame was provided Waiting period: 187 days, 6 months 2 days.

sahmed17

Oct 30, 2015
lady0421 said:
Timeline
Applied: May 2nd
Paid $100: Aug 18th
Blank Update: July 31, Aug 30th, Sep 29th, Oct 29
Current Status: Been informed by MP that it has been approved. CIC website has not changed its status yet, but MP provided me with the work permit document number. MP also said CIC won't be able to mail out the letter this week, no time frame was provided Waiting period: 187 days, 6 months 2 days.
Congrats!! What is your MP's name? I want to contact an MP from the Ontario region :( So frustrated, i need my PGWP :////