Oct 7, 2015
pgwp2015 said:
Applied: May 15th
Blank Update: once every month since
Request for $100: N/A
Paid $100: Sep 15th (Through CSE)
PGWP Approval: N/A
Mail Delivery: N/A

Hey guys, sharing my timeline here. Its really frustrating how CIC is dealing with this. my other friends applied couple days after me (they applied when 100$ holder fee was already implemented and they paid full 255$, unlike me) and they all have got the approvals. i went proactive and applied early only to deal with this kind of bad situation.
i need to ask though: i graduated in may 2015 and got the degree certificate dated 8th may so as per my understanding since its been over 90 days i cannot go for flagpoling (my study permit is expiring on 30th october), please confirm this guys..!! :-[ :-[ :-[ worried and frustrated and btw thanks a lot Jubear for making this forum up and running...
No flagpoling. My friend went to flagpole after that 90 days period. He got refused. I mean, the permit got refused, WITH RECORD. Based on your situation, contact an MP. Trust me, this is the only and the best solution now.

Good luck~!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pgwp2015 said:
I need to ask though: i graduated in may 2015 and got the degree certificate dated 8th may so as per my understanding since its been over 90 days i cannot go for flagpoling (my study permit is expiring on 30th october), please confirm this guys..!! :-[ :-[ :-[ worried and frustrated and btw thanks a lot Jubear for making this forum up and running...
Pgwp2015 and anyone else out there,

I want to be clear about this and everyone should know this by now that you can only apply for a PGWP online, by paper or at the POE if and only if;

1. You are applying within the 90 days of receiving a written Letter of Confirmation stating that you've completed your program or a transcript from your college/university.

and

2. You have a valid SP.

In addition to other documents, the above two requirements are a MUST not just one of them.

So please, do not go and waste CBSA Officers' time at the border. Otherwise you will be in trouble. See page 106 and contact your MP.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

If you feel restless, stressed, and you are jobless;

Watch Champions League Football for today and European league games on the weekend.

Cheer up guys!

ulala

Oct 21, 2015
Hey guys!

I'm on the same boat with you all.

Just had an interview today and felt like I was getting really close to get the job.
But when they knew that I'm still waiting for PGWP, they stood back.

I'm feeling really upset about CIC but what can we do. Things just happen.
I can't tell you how many times I've visited this forum just hoping some people may get it faster and so I can get it faster..
It's become my OCD refreshing CIC processing time too.. hate it..

Anyways, so if someone can please update mine to the timeline?

Application submitted: July 23
Full amount paid: July 23
Blank updates: right after application and today (Oct 21st)
As of Oct 21st: Still waiting...

I will call CIC tomorrow to make sure about the "implied status", if I get useful information, I will come back to share.

Good luck everyone!

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
My timeline
Applied: May 2nd
Paid $100: Aug 18th
Blank Update: July 31, Aug 30th, Sep 29th
Current Status: Waiting as of October 21st (day 173) 5 months, 20 days

Still no news... :(

status

Jul 8, 2015
Sent an email to CBC go public, hopefully they will be getting lot of PGWP issues through email and will broadcast it soon.

stay positive!

MikeZ81

Oct 21, 2015
Hi, I live in Vancouver. The following is my application timeline:

May 10th: application submitted and received

May 20th: paid $100 and submitted on CSE (didn’t filled in the blank space of the receipt)

Oct. 5th: called CIC and the agent told me I’m missing the receipt and asked me to submit a technical difficulties form on CSE (I submitted the receipt again with UCI and address filled)

Oct.10th: called CIC again, the agent told me there is a delay in the process but they can see that I paid the open work permit fees. The agent also sent a message to the VISA office.

Oct. 13th: called CIC again, the agent said the message was received by the Visa office but no reply and asked me to call back in one month if I don’t hear from them

Oct. 20th: called CIC and confirmed that I have the open work permit fee PAID, just waiting for CIC’s decision

As of Oct. 21st, my application is still showing submitted and OPEN.

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
Hi

What about to send the list in page 106 to CBC?

The bad is that it is anonimous, no real names, but they can see the number of affected people in this forum and made conclusions.

Cheers

Oct 20, 2015
My application timeline is shown below, pls include it. Is there any link we can inform/share the delayed cases

Applied: May 7th
Blank Update: N/A
Paid $100: August 25th
Total Processing Time: Waiting as of Oct 21 (168 days)

zhang624

Oct 21, 2015
Hello, I am new to this forum. I apply my pgwk on April 27th, and two blank updates on July and August and nothing after all. I am really stress and worried, I called them 3 times, but nothing happened. I really dont know what to do? Other question is how to contact to the pm. I live in Winnipeg, Can pm in Winnipeg help me get the PGWK faster even the file processing in Ottawa? Thank you.

latent

Oct 21, 2015
Hi everyone

I have been regularly monitoring this forum. I know how frustrating it is to wait for PGWP :'(

My application got received by CIC on May 13. Already paid $255, but on the website it says that the status is open. Already got a job but can't get paid without work permit.

Called CIC last week they told that they will send priority flag to CIC, but still no news. I feel like the only chance for faster processing is by calling the MP.

Could you give any suggestions regarding calling MP ? For those who talked to MPs, I assume you just explained your situation and MP helped.

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
workpermit2015 said:
My application timeline is shown below, pls include it. Is there any link we can inform/share the delayed cases

Applied: May 7th
Blank Update: N/A
Paid $100: August 25th
Total Processing Time: Waiting as of Oct 21 (168 days)
Curiosly your timeline is exactly the same as mine!!! But i had few blank updates

drajay

Oct 8, 2015
I received my PG work permit by mail.

Applied: June 25th (Full amount paid)
Blank Update: Oct 28th
PGWP Approval: Oct 16th
Mail Delivery: Oct 21st
Total Processing Time: 118 days (From submission to delivery)

I hope all of you get it very soon. Thank you.

Just another quick question regarding Temporary Resident Visa; Would it be better to apply online or paper? Given that the paper applications are being processed sooner, I am tempted to send a paper application. But the fact that my online PGWP was approved despite the CIC webpage saying that they are still processing the ones from May 16th, makes me consider online (as its easier). Dealing with CIC is always confusing!

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ScarletSails said:
Hi everyone,

I applied for PGWP online on September 23. I decided to try flag-polling on October 18 because I want to help my husband get his Open Work Permit as soon as possible so that he can apply for jobs.

I went to Carway border (Alberta-Montana) on Sunday. The CBSA officer was furious that people keep coming to the border to apply for PGWP. He told me to go home and wait for CIC to make a decision. I tried to explain my situation, but he was very cold and firm. He told me applying for PGWP should not be a rushed process, people should wait as they are in implied status after submitting an online application, and people do not understand the possible consequences of applying for PGWP at the border. He even threatened me that if I insisted applying at the border, and he found something wrong with my application then he would immediately send me back to my home country. I was very scared. My husband told the officer that being sent back to our country now by CBSA or 5 months later by CIC would not be different for us if we do have to leave Canada. After that, the officer took our documents and asked us to wait in the waiting room. After one hour, we were called out of the room to pay the fees ($510). After another hour of waiting, we were given our work permits.

We got what we needed, but it was a very frightening, humiliating, and stressful experience. I don't know if CBSA officers have ever refused to process a PGWP application, but we were very close to that. I read a lot of stories about flag-polling and now realize that it is really unpredictable and all cases may be different.

In addition, it is very disappointing and frustrating that I was not able to get the $510 refund from CIC for my PGWP application and my husband's OPW application. Although our online applications were not updated (I did not receive any updates and there is no change on the status of the applications in the online page), right after obtaining our work permits at the border, I got an email from CIC stating that our permits have been approved and will be issued at the border by a CBSA officer. It was really unfair because I had to pay twice while CIC actually did not process our online applications.

That is my story. I hope it can be helpful for other members.

Wish you all best luck with your applications!
Hi everyone,

This afternoon, I received a follow-up call from CBSA Client Service. He asked me about my experience of applying for my PGWP at the border a few days ago. I was very surprised to receive that call. I openly shared with him my experience (as above).

I don't know where he got my information (I don't remember giving any contact info at the CBSA office on that day). I wonder if it is VERY STRANGE for CBSA to follow up with their clients after issuing immigration documents.

I don't know if CBSA officers or supervisors may have visited this forum and read my post and wanted to follow up.

Anyway, I feel like CBSA's way of working is much more transparent and straightforward than that of CIC.

Jace

Oct 9, 2015
latent said:
Hi everyone

I have been regularly monitoring this forum. I know how frustrating it is to wait for PGWP :'(

My application got received by CIC on May 13. Already paid $255, but on the website it says that the status is open. Already got a job but can't get paid without work permit.

Called CIC last week they told that they will send priority flag to CIC, but still no news. I feel like the only chance for faster processing is by calling the MP.

Could you give any suggestions regarding calling MP ? For those who talked to MPs, I assume you just explained your situation and MP helped.

Hi everyone,

I want to seek help from my MP. But the contact information on website of PARLIAMENT of CANADA is pending. Does anyone know the MP office address and phone number in Scarborough?
Thank you.