+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jace said:
Hello jubear, I join the forum today. Please add me to the timeline.

Applied: May 15th (paid $155)
Blank update: Monthly
$100: Never get the request letter
Approved: Waiting...

I called CIC yesterday to report my situation that I never get the request letter of $100. The call center have sent message to the officer. I can do nothing except waiting for the request letter. Painful...
What else can I do? Help!
Jace,

The best thing to do in these situations is to stay positive no matter how long it takes to get what you want. When agents say wait, they literally mean a whole lot of waiting. Patience is the key here. I know its frustrating, stressful, not easy, and financially constraining, but what you can do is wait. More info is on page 96 of the forum if you've been following.

How does one manage this situation?
1. Find something fun to do with friends.
2. Volunteer if your status allows you for example, at a nonprofit, college/university.
3. Sports fun? Try something at your college/university sports facility (or gym) with friends.
4. Its fine to be concerned, but don't overly worry about it. Its not worth it. Its in the hands of CIC.
5. Always remind yourself that you have a 99% chance of getting a PGWP in comparison to other CIC immigration programs.

The point here is that you have to keep yourself busy and positive as you wait. Good luck.

Cheers!

NT2015

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Jace said:
Hello jubear, I join the forum today. Please add me to the timeline.

Applied: May 15th (paid $155)
Blank update: Monthly
$100: Never get the request letter
Approved: Waiting...

I called CIC yesterday to report my situation that I never get the request letter of $100. The call center have sent message to the officer. I can do nothing except waiting for the request letter. Painful...
What else can I do? Help!
hi Jace,

I also applied on May 15th. The requested message for applicants on May 15th mostly came on the same day as Sep 21 ( as many applicants in the forum have the same). I don't know why you still not have any message

I remember there are two way to pay for the $100 that jubear had provided on page 96. I suggest that you should log in to CSE to pay for the fee immediately rather than waiting for CIC to send you the message!!! the sooner you pay for the fee the better you are! I think that the day they receive your extra fee is not the date they update your profile. I called CIC before. The agent explained that they received on the date I paid for the fee not the date I upload the receipt! If you know you must pay this fee, why wait?

Please ask Jubear for more information if you need.

Good luck

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
Since we are talking about May 15 applicants and the processing time is May 16th now, I thought I'd update my status now too.

I paid my $100 thru CSE on Aug 18, and got a confirmation letter from CIC a week after that my receipt has been attached to my application. Since then, I have not heard anything back. Since May 15 applications are now around, I really hope to get it soon.

Cheers,
needPermit

swprox

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
LANDED..........
16-09-2010
I just called CIC, as I applied on 10th May, and the agent did not even ask me about my UCI number or application number, straight up told me they are having delays and it can take upto 100-120 days more to process these applications :(.

He did not even ask my name or anything. Just a generic reply regarding PGWPs.

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
swprox said:
I just called CIC, as I applied on 10th May, and the agent did not even ask me about my UCI number or application number, straight up told me they are having delays and it can take upto 100-120 days more to process these applications :(.

He did not even ask my name or anything. Just a generic reply regarding PGWPs.
That's pretty much what happened to me - I applied on 2nd May, and the agent said if I have previously spoken to an agent already, then I need to wait another 3 months before seeking further assistance from them.

On a more positive note, the MP office requested an update on my behalf and they were provided with this message “The file is being reviewed and the decision should be made soon. The client may hear from CIC in a couple weeks.” - I wouldn't hold my breath over this though. :-[

NT2015

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Hi,

For 15 May applicants, I believe yours are under process by now. I just call CIC and the agent told me that they received mine on May 16th ( I actually submitted on 15 May). So all the May 15 and 16 are under process at the same time --> So, you all are good, don't worry

Jubear, I just confirm with CIC agent! She confirmed that my application are approved and my status are closed ( but why no e-mail? no more system updated??). I am in Toronto so it could take 7-10 days for mail delivery. Now, the rest of this game is waiting...

Will let you know when I receive my PGWP

Thank you Jubear :-*

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NT2015 said:
Hi,

For 15 May applicants, I believe yours are under process by now. I just call CIC and the agent told me that they received mine on May 16th ( I actually submitted on 15 May). So all the May 15 and 16 are under process at the same time --> So, you all are good, don't worry

Jubear, I just confirm with CIC agent! She confirmed that my application are approved and my status are closed ( but why no e-mail? no more system updated??). I am in Toronto so it could take 7-10 days for mail delivery. Now, the rest of this game is waiting...

Will let you know when I receive my PGWP

Thank you Jubear :-*
NT2015,

No worries. I'm glad you've confirmed.

Cheers!

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
I am not a PGWP applicant but hoping some people here can answer my question. I had applied for work permit on Jul 13th. I sent a request to withdraw my application after getting PR. Do you guys know how long it will take to get the money refunded?

Also, how they send refund? By check or they return to the credit card that was used originally for payment?

natdn

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
pk_2015 said:
I am not a PGWP applicant but hoping some people here can answer my question. I had applied for work permit on Jul 13th. I sent a request to withdraw my application after getting PR. Do you guys know how long it will take to get the money refunded?

Also, how they send refund? By check or they return to the credit card that was used originally for payment?
Hi PK, how to send a request to withdraw application. Please advise. Thanks

nia_lht

Jul 21, 2015
drajay said:
Hi, I applied on June 26th. I received the same message last night. No changes to the status on myCIC though. They haven't processed it as yet. I hope they get there soon.
Hi, same here. I applied on June 23rd and got 2 blank update this week. Hopefully can get it as soon as possible.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pk_2015 said:

Pk_2015,

Congratulations on your PR! Current refund process takes 16 weeks (4 months). It depends on how you paid your fees. If you paid by credit card, you will be credited; if you paid by CIC official bank payment receipt (for paper applications), you will receive a mailed cheque.

Cheers!

nia_lht

Jul 21, 2015
Hi jubear,

I just checked my cic, and said its APPROVED.
However, when i click on the status and message, which still "Open" :(
Maybe it needs sometimes to updated?
Am I really got approved?

I am really really really happy if I got approved. :D

Thanks.

aacan

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
Nomination.....
01-09-2016
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
Med's Request
24-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2019
LANDED..........
03-04-2019
Hello Jubear and everyone,

I got my aproval today. Applied May 18 online.

Thanks for taking care of this, and hopefully everyone's long wait be awarded soon.

natdn

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
jubear said:
Pk_2015,

Congratulations on your PR! Current refund process takes 16 weeks (4 months). It depends on how you paid your fees. If you paid by credit card, you will be credited; if you paid by CIC official bank payment receipt (for paper applications), you will receive a mailed cheque.

Cheers!
Hi Jubear, how to send a request to withdraw online application. Please advise. Thanks

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natdn said:
Hi Jubear, how to send a request to withdraw online application. Please advise. Thanks
Natdn,

Use Note 5 (b) under Members' timelines and proceed to the CSE site. While you're there, you must choose "Withdraw of Online Application" under Enquiry: Type of application.

Cheers!