+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Maarkk

Aug 7, 2015
From what I understand DLI list is used by CIC for study visa eligibility but PGWP eligibility is a different thing, only private institutions designated to award degrees by the government are eligible (and only certain degrees) as linked.

Sorry can't post link for some reason but there is a approved PGWP list on bclearn website.

Only thing is sometimes people get lucky because this is overlooked so I'm interested what the chances are to get it despite this?

Of course I would love to be wrong so someone please correct me if possible :)

Matteo1987

Sep 28, 2015
Hi everyone I'm new here

I applied on June 25th and I got a blank update every month. Today I received a message from CIC saying that my application HAS BEEN UPDATED, but when I open my account it says the status is still open, how's it possible? CIC usually says there have been NO updates to your application but this time is different, it should have been approved.
Is anyone in a similar situation???
Thanks guys

farzan89

Sep 26, 2015
jubear said:
Farzan89,

You didn't mention the date you submitted your OWP extra fee receipt through CSE.

As Shippo7 suggested, call the CIC agency. Know;
- the date you applied for the PGWP, your UCI #, phone #, address, etc.
- the date you submitted the OWP receipt through CSE.

Ask if they received the OWP receipt through CSE. The CIC agent will let you know the date they entered it into their system. Be aware that the date you submitted it through CSE isn't the same date they enter it into their system. It takes them time to update individual applications. Good luck and keep calm.

Cheers!
I paid teh extra $100 on September 29th ans attached the receipt to CSE, but the thing is I wan't asked to pay $100.

shippo7

Sep 16, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
11-07-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
Matteo1987 said:
Hi everyone I'm new here

I applied on June 25th and I got a blank update every month. Today I received a message from CIC saying that my application HAS BEEN UPDATED, but when I open my account it says the status is still open, how's it possible? CIC usually says there have been NO updates to your application but this time is different, it should have been approved.
Thanks guys
That is just another blank update. I don't think CIC has started processing the application submitted on the end of June. So just keep on waiting.

Jace

Oct 9, 2015
jubear said:
Farzan89,

You didn't mention the date you submitted your OWP extra fee receipt through CSE.

As Shippo7 suggested, call the CIC agency. Know;
- the date you applied for the PGWP, your UCI #, phone #, address, etc.
- the date you submitted the OWP receipt through CSE.

Ask if they received the OWP receipt through CSE. The CIC agent will let you know the date they entered it into their system. Be aware that the date you submitted it through CSE isn't the same date they enter it into their system. It takes them time to update individual applications. Good luck and keep calm.

Cheers!
Hello,

I applied my PGWP on May 15th. I never got an email from cic to request the extra $100. I called cic yesterday, the call center said will send an message of my situation to office. Waiting painful... What can I do? Help

SBSNAGAR

Nov 11, 2014
Hello Guys,

Just to let everyone know. I received an approval today for my wife's spousal work permit. Applied early May and Called CIC call centre many times and We also spoke to MP about our application.

Thanks for all the info i get from you guys. I hope everybody will get their work permits soon.

:)

ccar

Oct 9, 2015
hi,
Just new to here...
Really worried about my PGWP process...On CIC website, the date already updated to 16th May....But I am still waiting as I submitted on May 10th... :'( :'(
Applied on May 10th
Received additional request for $100: 9th Sep
Still waiting for approval
Quiet since then....my employer starts asking me about any luck on PGWP...really worried. Called the CIC call center...they just sent request to the cic and nothing i can do but wait....painful...

NT2015

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Jubear,

I got approved today on my CIC account. However, I got no confirmation e-mail, my status is still "open" and the "final decision has not been reached" still not started. Is it ok ?

If I am approved, please update my timeline

Applied: May 15th
Paid for $100 ( requested by CIC on Sep 21) : Sep 21 (same day)
Blank updated: monthly
Approved: Oct 9th (no confirmation email, status still OPEN :eek:, should be closed by now)
Mail: ... still pending

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NT2015 said:
Jubear,

I got approved today on my CIC account. However, I got no confirmation e-mail, my status is still "open" and the "final decision has not been reached" still not started. Is it ok ?

If I am approved, please update my timeline

Applied: May 15th
Paid for $100 ( requested by CIC on Sep 21) : Sep 21 (same day)
Blank updated: monthly
Approved: Oct 9th (no confirmation email, status still OPEN :eek:, should be closed by now)
Mail: ... still pending
NT2015,

How do you know you got approved if your application details say "open"; "not started;" and you have no confirmation email either from CIC?

NT2015

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Jubear,

On my CIC account, I scroll down the page to "view my submitted application or profiles" the fifth column "details" has changed from submitted to approved today. I m not sure so that's why I need to confirm. Should I call CIC again?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NT2015 said:
Jubear,

On my CIC account, I scroll down the page to "view my submitted application or profiles" the fifth column "details" has changed from submitted to approved today. I m not sure so that's why I need to confirm. Should I call CIC again?
NT2015,

That's good news then. You've been approved. The system just needs more time to update in other areas. Congratulations! I will update your timeline on page 96 of the forum.

Cheers!

JJ202020

Oct 9, 2015
Hello jubear..I just joined the forum and noticed your tremendous support. please add my timeline

Applied: July 31 (paid full amount)
Blank update: August 01
Approved: Still waiting

drajay

Oct 8, 2015
Matteo1987 said:
Hi everyone I'm new here

Thanks guys
Hi, I applied on June 26th. I received the same message last night. No changes to the status on myCIC though. They haven't processed it as yet. I hope they get there soon.

Jace

Oct 9, 2015
Hello jubear, I join the forum today. Please add me to the timeline.

Applied: May 15th (paid $155)
Blank update: Monthly
$100: Never get the request letter
Approved: Waiting...

I called CIC yesterday to report my situation that I never get the request letter of $100. The call center have sent message to the officer. I can do nothing except waiting for the request letter. Painful...
What else can I do? Help!