+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
Jubear

In the list you put Waiting as of October 12th... It should be October 8th, right?

Anyway... Probably they wont approve any new application in 4 days... :'(

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chiliwilli said:
Jubear

In the list you put Waiting as of October 12th... It should be October 8th, right?

Anyway... Probably they wont approve any new application in 4 days... :'(
Chiliwilli,

Yes, rightly so. Usually because its waiting time especially if I make updates on Thursdays and Fridays. Approvals or receipt of mails don't come in on weekends so I calculate the days up to Monday. However, as always if someone gets an update between now and Friday then I update his/her timeline accordingly.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cao7 said:
Hi Jubear,

Thank you for counting me in. But there is a little mistake I applied on April 28th.
Cao7,

You earlier indicated on page 95 as seen below that you applied on April 18th:

[quote author=cao7]
Here is my timeline:

Applied: April 18th (together with my husband's OWP)
Request for 100 CAD: August 14th (paid and uploaded the receipt on the same day)
Approval: August 19th (my husband's OWP), PGWP approval informed by call center agent but still no update in myCIC account (as of Oct. 7th)
Mailed: August 21st (my husband's OWP), still waiting for my PGWP as of Oct. 7th (over FIVE months already)
[/quote]

However, your timeline has been corrected to indicate April 28th. No worries.

Cheers!

50-50.

Oct 8, 2015
This info is my room mate's

Applied: June 29
Blank Updates: Monthly
Waiting: 101

He is been opted out from a job after the first day since he did not have a valid work permit ( I honestly do not know why). But he did manage to get an another job. So it all comes down to us if you can convince your employer, you keep the job.

angelaj

Sep 30, 2015
Hi, Jubear, please add mine to your timeline as well!

Applied: May 07th
Blank Update: Every month
Request for $100: Paid via case specific enquiry
PGWP Approval: Still waiting

As I already explained my situation in previous post, the agent advised me that my application got approved, and they sent the email for a secondary review but there has been no updates. I am planning to go back to South Korea this november for my brother's wedding for a week. Can I still come back to Canada as long as I showed my copy of application?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelaj said:
Hi, Jubear, please add mine to your timeline as well!

Applied: May 07th
Blank Update: Every month
Request for $100: Paid via case specific enquiry
PGWP Approval: Still waiting

As I already explained my situation in previous post, the agent advised me that my application got approved, and they sent the email for a secondary review but there has been no updates. I am planning to go back to South Korea this november for my brother's wedding for a week. Can I still come back to Canada as long as I showed my copy of application?
AngelaJ,

First off, could you please provide me the date on which you paid the OWP fee of $100. Thank you.

I'm glad you posed the question before leaving for Korea. Here is my simple suggestion;
Make sure you have a valid SP or TRV. If not, then;
- Know the province and airport at which you will be returning.
- Gather all necessary documents about your PGWP application. It would be wise to have evidence of your brother's wedding info with you (e.g. invitation card, letter, pics or something)
- Visit the airport ASAP and talk to a CBSA Officer about your plans in Korea. See what they say.

Secondly, I took the liberty to check if you are Visa exempt. And yes, South Korea Republic is Visa exempt.
Visa exempt individuals like you can apply for what we call the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). The eTA processing fee is only $7.

An eTA can be applied for online and can be processed in a matter of minutes, and the good news is that the eTA is valid for 5 years. Remember to check your email after you've applied for the eTA

To apply for eTA go here :http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta-start.asp

In other words you don't need a TRV, but I still suggest you talk to CBSA Officers at the airport ASAP to clear all doubt and also mention that you are visa exempt. I wouldn't want you to miss your brother's wedding. Good luck.

Cheers!

farzan89

Sep 26, 2015
Hi Juebar,
I applied on April 28th and I haven't been asked to pay $100 yet, But I paid that through CSE. My MP is in contact with CIC and they said that the application looks good. Is there any chance that I could be rejected as I didn't get notification to pay extra $100?

shippo7

Sep 16, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
11-07-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
farzan89 said:
Hi Juebar,
I applied on April 28th and I haven't been asked to pay $100 yet, But I paid that through CSE. My MP is in contact with CIC and they said that the application looks good. Is there any chance that I could be rejected as I didn't get notification to pay extra $100?
You can call CIC to confirm your $100 receipt has been attached to your application or not. If not, you can upload it via CSE again.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farzan89 said:
Hi Juebar,
Farzan89,

You didn't mention the date you submitted your OWP extra fee receipt through CSE.

As Shippo7 suggested, call the CIC agency. Know;
- the date you applied for the PGWP, your UCI #, phone #, address, etc.
- the date you submitted the OWP receipt through CSE.

Ask if they received the OWP receipt through CSE. The CIC agent will let you know the date they entered it into their system. Be aware that the date you submitted it through CSE isn't the same date they enter it into their system. It takes them time to update individual applications. Good luck and keep calm.

Cheers!

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Hi guys! my current info is

Coco7
Applied: July 2nd (Full amount paid)
Blank Update: July 3rd, October 8th
Total Processing Time: Waiting as of October 8th (day 99)

Good luck to everyone!! ;D

angelaj

Sep 30, 2015
Hello, Jubear. I paid OWP fee on May 20th and sent the case specific enquiry afterward. Had an update on August 19th that they have received the receipt and attached to my application.

I really hope that I can come back to Canada. I am so scared whether they will accept implied status come back to canada.

Maarkk

Aug 7, 2015
Hi, has anyone applied for PGWP with success from a private designated learning institution with a 2 year diploma?
Technically this would be non eligible?
Thanks!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maarkk said:
Hi, has anyone applied for PGWP with success from a private designated learning institution with a 2 year diploma?
Technically this would be non eligible?
Thanks!
Maarkk,

As long as the private institution is a DLI recognized by the province and your diploma program is authorized by the province, then yes you are eligible.

What college/institution did you go to?

Use this CIC link to confirm that your private institution is a DLI at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-institutions-list.asp. Good luck on your application.

Cheers!