+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Mark484

Jul 16, 2013
I think CIC not care about anyone. We are just a source of money for them. I applied my Work-Permit on 3 June and still waiting to get approve.It's like now 125 days little around half year. We gratuated from college by thinking time to get job but since we are waiting for our work permit , no one want to hire us because we are having an expired work permit right now. CIC you are destroying students future. Please process our applications. :( :(

nia_lht

Jul 21, 2015
Hi Guys,
Got a blank update yesterday. I thought I got approved but still not yet:((((((

Nia_lht
Applied: June 23rd (Full amount paid)
Blank Update: Oct 6th
Current Status: Waiting as of Oct 7th

Hopefully we can received our PGWP as soon as possible!!!!!!

hdizzle

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Hi Guys,

So I applied for my PGWP online on 2015Sep23. I paid the $255 in total. (155 plus 100 dollar open work permit fee). Since I have already paid the open work permit fee at the start do you think the processing time for my application will be faster? I am hearing that the reason processing times are increasing is because of the introduction of that fee. 137 day processing time is absolutely ridiculous. How/Why is CIC SO SLOW!

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
hdizzle said:
Hi Guys,

So I applied for my PGWP online on 2015Sep23. I paid the $255 in total. (155 plus 100 dollar open work permit fee). Since I have already paid the open work permit fee at the start do you think the processing time for my application will be faster? I am hearing that the reason processing times are increasing is because of the introduction of that fee. 137 day processing time is absolutely ridiculous. How/Why is CIC SO SLOW!
I applied on June 25 and I paid full amount also and I am still waiting. On the other hand if you have a job or if your wp is still valid, get the job and then you can wait peacefully, I got the job right after I graduated and to be honest to you I think that this wait is beneficial for me. First of all, I worked already 3 months and very soon will be four and I did not receive my wp yet. So that does mean that my wp is going to be 3 years from the month I receive the wp and not from the month I applied for it. So, if I get wp next month, I need to work next seven months to be able to apply for EE or PNP and I will still have almost 2.5 years of valid wp. Basically, get the job and wait peacefully. I am sorry I forgot to answer your question, no your processing time will not be shorter than anyone's else. You can expect your permit somewhere in January. Good luck!

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Applied: Aug 20 (Online, full amount paid)
Blank Update: what does this mean? :)

swprox

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
LANDED..........
16-09-2010
lady0421 said:
Lady0421
Applied: May 2nd
Paid $100: Aug 18th
Blank Update: July 31, Aug 30th, Sep 29
Current Status: Waiting as of October 7th (day 159)

Contacted call center and the agent informed me that because they spoke with my last week, and already took action by sending a message somewhere to get my application checked out, therefore I need to wait another 3 months before I can do anything more. She advised me to keep checking my status online instead.
I applied on May 10th, and seeing examples like yours, I have no idea now when I will get my permit. It has been such a long wait now :(.

Shout out to you once again Jubear for keeping this thead alive and ticking, I got another blank update today.

shippo7

Sep 16, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
11-07-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
zhouyvan said:
Applied: Aug 20 (Online, full amount paid)
Blank Update: what does this mean? :)
Blank update means you got an email from CIC said there was an update for your application, but you cannot find any new message on your CIC online account. It might be a system error or some staff reviewing your application, who knows...

stevejulian

Dec 18, 2014
I think guys, cic they are not doing their job as they were used to do it before .I guess conservative govt they cut lot of funding in immigration department and i believe its too many applications and less staff which is handling . IT'S bloody ridiculous ..!! Our future is on a stake , Also we are paying fees and taxes !!!this is really frustrating, i hope they will process pgwp applications faster .. can't expect better than "hope" and "wait"

xinyu269

Oct 7, 2015
lady0421 said:
Lady0421
Applied: May 2nd
Paid $100: Aug 18th
Blank Update: July 31, Aug 30th, Sep 29
Current Status: Waiting as of October 7th (day 159)

Contacted call center and the agent informed me that because they spoke with my last week, and already took action by sending a message somewhere to get my application checked out, therefore I need to wait another 3 months before I can do anything more. She advised me to keep checking my status online instead.
:( on the same boat with u. Applied on May 5, called CIC, they said sent a "status update request" to cic office already, and I should stop calling them within 3 months. :mad: dont know if their message will work or not. paid $100 on Aug 20

xinyu269

Oct 7, 2015
After checking the timeline list on page 91, I found a group of us, applied on early May(1-9th) and paid $100 around Aug 20, have no response until now. I pretty sure we are a group forgotten by the CIC officers. But there is still no way to remind them. :(

xinyu269

Oct 7, 2015
Applied: May 5th
Paid $100: Aug 20th
Blank Update: July23 July31
Current Status: Waiting as of October 7th (day 156)

mohsin9055

Jul 27, 2015
applied: may 15th
request for 100 dollars and Paid: sept 21st
approval : sept 29th
Mail: October 5th , 2015

Got luck to all

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
xinyu269 said:
:( on the same boat with u. Applied on May 5, called CIC, they said sent a "status update request" to cic office already, and I should stop calling them within 3 months. :mad: dont know if their message will work or not. paid $100 on Aug 20
swprox said:
I applied on May 10th, and seeing examples like yours, I have no idea now when I will get my permit. It has been such a long wait now :(.
While I'm glad I'm not in this alone, I'm also very sad that there are others who are subjected to this horrible experience and treatment.

Lucky for you if you have a SIN and get paid work... but if you're like me, who don't have a SIN, then you may be as confused as me about how CIC expects us to survive without income or social benefits. I personally think it is unprofessional and inconsiderate to ask someone to keep waiting without being given any ETA (being told to wait 3 months, after waiting for over 5 months, is just not acceptable) :(