+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

YQ

Sep 15, 2015
Hi,

I applied for PGWP on 15th May and got confirmation message next day. I paid $150 and later on sent the receipt of additional $100 through case specific enquiry in August. I got the email that the receipt has been attached to the file. CIC has not asked me yet to send the receipt. I have got two blank updates but haven't got any approval yet. The current processing times are 114 days and its been 120 days since I applied. I am out of Canada so I can't call CIC either. Please anyone help me what should I do? I read at the forum to contact MP if processing days have exceeded. How can I contact the MP of Calgary through email.
Thanks in advance.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hi guys,

I just contacted my local MP by email and got this automated response in a second:

Thank you for your email. With the dissolution of Parliament and the calling of the 42nd General Election for October 19th this email address will be used for responding to casework inquiries only.

If you have policy or election related questions, please address them to the candidates in the general election.

Thank you for your understanding.

What does it mean and should I call them up instead of waiting for a response to the email?

- May 6th applicant

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
cloud588 said:
I applied for PGWP on April 30 and got approval yesterday. Good luck to all who are still waiting.
did you do something like contacting your MP or something like that?

30 april for me still waiting

hafm

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Hi - I just noticed on my CIC account that the application is 'Approved'. However, the status still shows as open and I haven't received any notification either...anybody in a similar situation?

AnkitPandya

Sep 14, 2015
hafm said:
Hi - I just noticed on my CIC account that the application is 'Approved'. However, the status still shows as open and I haven't received any notification either...anybody in a similar situation?
What is your application date?

dirichletot

Aug 28, 2015
hafm said:
Yeah it's normal. I waited for one more day then it turns to be closed. Then after a few hours I got the letter in mycic.

StudentQuery

Nov 5, 2014
I need to apply for pgwp, but confused about the $255 payment. My question is regarding this payment, that do i need to pay upfront $255(as of now, not sure that CIC has changed the online application payment system and you can payment $255 directly) or separately by paying $155 and $100. if i pay separately then, do i need to pay the $100 before application submission and attach the receipt in letter of explanation and then pay $155.

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
cloud588 said:
Yes. I contacted them on Sep 4. Good luck to you.
thanks cloud...

Yesterday I contacted MP he just took my details in a minute and said he will get back to me...

let see how it goes now....

nizolas

Jul 18, 2014
So, CIC processing time was updated today.
Last update was on September 4, 2015 and now work permit processing time (online) is 120 days and they are working on May 6 2015 application.
If I am not mistaken, the last update was on August 28, 2015 and processing time was 114 days and working on May 5, 2015 application. THere has been no progress...

jlsm

May 4, 2015
nizolas said:
So, CIC processing time was updated today.
Last update was on September 4, 2015 and now work permit processing time (online) is 120 days and they are working on May 6 2015 application.
If I am not mistaken, the last update was on August 28, 2015 and processing time was 114 days and working on May 5, 2015 application. THere has been no progress...
I guess so, I called CIC yesterday, they said my application (applied on May 7) probably going to have an outcome by the end of september or sometime around October, this is crazy...

nizolas

Jul 18, 2014
jlsm said:
I guess so, I called CIC yesterday, they said my application (applied on May 7) probably going to have an outcome by the end of september or sometime around October, this is crazy...
I applied on May 13th and based on your conversation with the agent, I'm looking further than end of September...
I've exhausted all my options... I've called my MP twice already, CIC several times and all I need to do is wait for it... However I need to leave Canada by end of September for my wedding and come back at beginning of Nov to start my job. The only option I have left is to leave Canada without a work permit and apply for a regular TRV (my country needs a TRV to get into Canada) from outside in the hopes that the outside Visa office doesn't have major delays. Hopefully by the time I'm back, I have received the work permit to start my job...