Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

nrkamath

Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I spoke for a while to the CIC agent. Turns out, they only receive your $100 receipt (if you submit it through MYCIC on request) one week after you submit it. So I submitted mine online on Aug 21st and they received it on Aug 28th. Once they receive it, it takes them 5-10 business days to even look at it.

So I guess i'll have to wait another one or two weeks for it.

EDIT: this is not true if you submitted it through CSE and you got an email saying thy have attached your file to the application. This is ONLY for those who got the MyCIC request to upload the receipt as a file.

chiliwilli said:
jubear

there is a mistake in your list: My application is not approved yet

Thanks everybody for the updates: They are working in applications submitted in May 5th!!!

Once it is approved the pgwp we can travel outside Canada or we need something else to reentry???

Cheers!
To answer this, you will need to submit your application for TRV once you get your PGWP in hand. Once that gets approved and your passport comes back, you can leave the country.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chiliwilli said:
jubear

there is a mistake in your list: My application is not approved yet
Thanks everybody for the updates: They are working in applications submitted in May 5th!!!
Once it is approved the pgwp we can travel outside Canada or we need something else to reentry???

Cheers!
Chiliwilli,

Thanks for catching the mistake. I have made the changes.

See page 64 of the forum: Note 6 under Members' Timelines to know more about travelling after you've received your PGWP.

Cheers!

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
jubear said:
Chiliwilli,

Thanks for catching the mistake. I have made the changes.

See page 64 of the forum: Note 6 under Members' Timelines to know more about travelling after you've received your PGWP.

Cheers!
Thanks jubear

Wowww, canadians are the best making things complicated!!!!

Is it also applicable to go to USA and come back?

I dont understand why we need all this stuff, and they dont do the TRV within the pgwp application... :-\

(The stronger economy in Canada is not oil and gas, it is inmigration!!!) $$$$$$$

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chiliwilli said:
Thanks jubear

Wowww, canadians are the best making things complicated!!!!

Is it also applicable to go to USA and come back?

I dont understand why we need all this stuff, and they dont do the TRV within the pgwp application... :-\

(The stronger economy in Canada is not oil and gas, it is inmigration!!!) $$$$$$$
Chiliwilli,

Not applicable. You can request to return to Canada on your original temporary resident visa (TRV), even if it is expired, if
you only visit the U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon; and you return to Canada before the end of your approved stay in Canada.

But you will have less trouble at the POE on your return if you have your PGWP in hand. Unless of course you are from a visa-exempt country. If you are, you might need an ETA. See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp.

Cheers!

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Still waiting on an April 30 application. Called the Call Centre, was told my file has been assigned to a case processing officer.
That's about it.

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
jubear said:
Chiliwilli,

Not applicable. You can request to return to Canada on your original temporary resident visa (TRV), even if it is expired, if
you only visit the U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon; and you return to Canada before the end of your approved stay in Canada.

But you will have less trouble at the POE on your return if you have your PGWP in hand. Unless of course you are from a visa-exempt country. If you are, you might need an ETA. See here:

Cheers!
Thanks a lot jubear

I am from visa-exempt country, I guess I need an eTA...

Crazy country... PGWP, extra 100$, TRV, eTA, ... what is next??? :eek:

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Got my PGWP for 3 years approved yesterday.

Applied : June 4th
Blank Update : Aug 12 Sept 3
Approved : Sept 3 (Day 92)

Waiting for mail delivery

visvin7270

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
Toronto
NOC Code......
NOCB
Job Offer........
Yes
Applied on May 20th
Paid extra $100 through CSE on August 24th
Got an request to upload my receipt today and I uploaded it and after 30 mins I logged in and it said it was approved and I saw the pdf file states it's been approved but after 5 hours when I opened it now it says status: opened and decision not made yet !! What is this ?? Somebody help

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visvin7270 said:
Applied on May 20th
Paid extra $100 through CSE on August 24th
Got an request to upload my receipt today and I uploaded it and after 30 mins I logged in and it said it was approved and I saw the pdf file states it's been approved but after 5 hours when I opened it now it says status: opened and decision not made yet !! What is this ?? Somebody help
Visvin7270,

This probably won't help. However, CIC has been having online system glitches since Wednesday. I think that your PGWP approval is okay. If your MyCIC application details are not reconciled by end of Tuesday, then give them a call on Wednesday morning to confirm your PGWP approval and subsequent mailing of the hard copy. Have your online application number before you call.

As a reminder, Monday is public holiday (Labour Day).

Cheers!

alibaba23

Aug 20, 2015
Guys, let me make this really clear.

Whoever applied for a PGWP and is waiting to receive it, you don't need to worry at all. You can work full time as long as your PGWP is in process. The expired SIN card will still hold for you until you are on implied status (PGWP is in process). One thing you need to make sure is that you don't leave the country during your implied status. As soon as you leave the country and come back (while your pgwp is in process), you no longer have the implied status. This means you cant work until you receive your PGWP.

But for everyone else, just wait for pgwp and update everything once you get it. Dont need to worry about processing time or anything. Work as much as you want.