20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hi jubear,

A bit off-topic but since you seem pretty well informed, do you know if my Canadian PR application (through provincial nomination) that I plan to apply next year would face any trouble if I have simultaneously applied for a Green card in the U.S.?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vasu_26 said:
Hi Jubear,

I'm a newbie into the PGWP timeline discussion. I graduated from a 2 years full-time thesis-based Masters program on Aug 03, 2015. Applied for PGWP on Aug 08, 2015 with the letter of completion + copy of official transcript (merged as a single PDF document). My only concern is that I have traveled out of Canada 3 times while on Study Permit (twice to India with a duration of approx but less than 1 month each and for 1 day to the United States on B1/B2). I have a job offer here and I'm going to join soon (offer letter attached with a letter of explanation in the PGWP application) and my Study Permit is valid till Dec 01, 2015. Do you think that the aforementioned travels have any say in the PGWP application decision ????

I'm confused because somebody earlier posted that their PGWP was rejected due to travel outside of country during study period.

Looking forward to your response..

-regards,
Vasu.
Vasu,

First, its okay to travel on your SP & TRV. However, I need to understand something. So I will ask.

Did you travel before you graduated? If yes, was it during an academic session (semester)?
Did you travel after you applied for your PGWP? What was the destination?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jijialex said:
Hai jubear

I Paid 100$ via CSE 24 August. You can now update my details.Thanks you
Jijialex,

Will do soon. Thanks for the update.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deepicka said:
Hi All,

I have received my PGWP by mail today. Life is beautiful 8) 8) 8)

Find below my updated timeline:

Deepicka
Applied: May 5th
Paid $100: July 31st (Through CSE), and requested for on August 13th
Blank Update: July 23rd, July 31st, August 14th (day 88)
PGWP Approval: August 18th
Mail Delivery: August 24th
Total Processing Time: 112 days (From submission to mail delivery)

Thank you Jubear and all. I wish you the very best of luck in getting PGWP, landing in your dream jobs, and making this planet a little brighter. Stay blessed!
Deepicka,

Congratulations once again and thanks for the update. 8)

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Hi jubear,

A bit off-topic but since you seem pretty well informed, do you know if my Canadian PR application (through provincial nomination) that I plan to apply next year would face any trouble if I have simultaneously applied for a Green card in the U.S.?
Nevillek,

There shouldn't be a problem. If you are asked to indicate whether you applied for US PR, then gladly do so. After all Canada allows dual citizenship if you ever want to become a citizen of Canada.

Cheers!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Members and other viewers,

If you would like to seek for help from you MP, the Parliament of Canada site is up and running again. Use the same link provided on page 50 of this forum.

Cheers!

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
jubear said:
Nevillek,

There shouldn't be a problem. If you are asked to indicate whether you applied for US PR, then gladly do so. After all Canada allows dual citizenship if you ever want to become a citizen of Canada.

Cheers!
Thanks bro. Btw, still waiting on WP :(((

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
Update:

My status:

Applied: May 7th
Blank Updates : every month
Paid: $155

Request for 100$ payment: Aug 25th (Paid same day)

Cheers!

cloud588

Aug 20, 2015
I applied on April 30. It seems that many May applicants have either got approval or payment request. I'm really getting worried about my application. Any one on the same boat, please share. Thanks

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Submitted with EE Application
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
cloud588 said:
I applied on April 30. It seems that many May applicants have either got approval or payment request. I'm really getting worried about my application. Any one on the same boat, please share. Thanks
Applied on 30 april and heard nothing yet.

I dont know how cic is working some may applicants got approval some are getting payment requests..

Worried about the situation as its 119 day today...

Anna_polaca

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
cloud588 said:
Hi. My husband applied for an extension of OWP on April 24th (base on my study permitted issued on July 29th- we applied together) and we are still waiting :(

cbarad

Aug 14, 2015
vasu_26 said:
Hi Jubear,

I'm a newbie into the PGWP timeline discussion. I graduated from a 2 years full-time thesis-based Masters program on Aug 03, 2015. Applied for PGWP on Aug 08, 2015 with the letter of completion + copy of official transcript (merged as a single PDF document). My only concern is that I have traveled out of Canada 3 times while on Study Permit (twice to India with a duration of approx but less than 1 month each and for 1 day to the United States on B1/B2). I have a job offer here and I'm going to join soon (offer letter attached with a letter of explanation in the PGWP application) and my Study Permit is valid till Dec 01, 2015. Do you think that the aforementioned travels have any say in the PGWP application decision ????

I'm confused because somebody earlier posted that their PGWP was rejected due to travel outside of country during study period.

Looking forward to your response..

-regards,
Vasu.

Hey Vasu, I am also with the same situation, one trip to India and one to States. But I think it shouldn't be problem.
Can you please refer to the one who got rejected so I can scrutinize his situation ?

thanks
cB

lviva

Feb 4, 2015
Hi guys, I'm new here. Here is my timeline:

Applied: May 29
Paid: $255
Blank updates: throughout August

It seems like some May applicants have started to receive their PGWPs whereas on the website it says that they are processing applications from April 18. Not sure which one I should follow!

vig0610

Aug 26, 2015
cloud588 said:
Hi Cloud588,

I applied online for PGWP on April 29th and after a long wait I received a request for payment of $100 from CIC on August, 19. I paid $100 right away. But still waiting to get approval.

MY status:
Applied online: April 29
Blank updates: April 30, July 11, August 7
$100 Payment request: August 19
$100 paid on August 19
PGWP Approval: Waiting

Its been a long long wait.... Hope everyone gets it soon!!!