+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Does anyone know where to find info on renewing the health card? what exactly do we need and what letter from an employer, what does it need to say ect.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Does anyone know where to find info on renewing the health card? what exactly do we need and what letter from an employer, what does it need to say ect.
I just go my health card after 2 months. You have to take:
1. Letter from Employer stating start date and has to be for a term more than 6months current date, position must be full time
2. Passport for ID
3. Proof of address eg bank statements must be one that is posted in the mail

They gave me a hard time i went 3 times!!! They only extent it to the term of the employment letter not to ending of the work permit

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
I just go my health card after 2 months. You have to take:
1. Letter from Employer stating start date and has to be for a term more than 6months current date, position must be full time
2. Passport for ID
3. Proof of address eg bank statements must be one that is posted in the mail

They gave me a hard time i went 3 times!!! They only extent it to the term of the employment letter not to ending of the work permit
oh man. My fiancée is only working part time right now at a clothing store, she does not work for the live in family anymore. I don't think there is anyway we will be able to get ohip is there? like how do they expect 6 months of work, but the open permit just came. I don't get it.

thereal26

May 11, 2017
Hi everyone, I just want to share my experience about the application, if you can see the history of my posts here I had some problems, but I finally got my open work permit last July 2017. I was also able to go outside Canada and come back just recently. Now, I'm just waiting for updates about my PR.

Singhsardar

Sep 6, 2017
Hi guys,

I am in canada with closed work permit until 2019. I want to apply for open work permit. I got my file number in march 2017.
Can i get open work permit and if so then what is the proceedur
Need help please

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
oh man. My fiancée is only working part time right now at a clothing store, she does not work for the live in family anymore. I don't think there is anyway we will be able to get ohip is there? like how do they expect 6 months of work, but the open permit just came. I don't get it.
No!
Employment for at least 6months in the future. So say she got the letter that she is employed from September 2017 it has to have a date over March 2018 (6months)for them them to extend it.

Pray and go with what you have. What can you do? See if they will accept the part-time job

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Joey not 6month work on the open work permit. 6 month duration of employment in the future eg start Sept 2017- March 2018 and over up to the duration of the work permit

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Hi everyone, I just want to share my experience about the application, if you can see the history of my posts here I had some problems, but I finally got my open work permit last July 2017. I was also able to go outside Canada and come back just recently. Now, I'm just waiting for updates about my PR.
Whats up???!! Congrats to all OWP celebrants!!!

Singhsardar

Sep 6, 2017
Hi guys,

I am in canada with closed work permit until 2019. I want to apply for open work permit. I got my file number in march 2017.
Can i get open work permit and if so then what is the proceedur
Need help please

Andreah

Dec 30, 2014
I got my OWP it came in the mail on Friday 8th. :):):D:D
I am so happy thank God he certainly works miracles, he could not have sent it in a better time. This is my last week at my old job and I start my new job next Monday 18th of September.

My updated timeline:
Application sent: June 15th 2017
Application Received: June 19th 2017
AOR: August 22nd 2017
Started processing: August 21st 2017
OWP issued: August 30th 2017
OWP received in mail: September 8th 2017

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
I got my OWP it came in the mail on Friday 8th. :):):D:D
I am so happy thank God he certainly works miracles, he could not have sent it in a better time. This is my last week at my old job and I start my new job next Monday 18th of September.

My updated timeline:
Application sent: June 15th 2017
Application Received: June 19th 2017
AOR: August 22nd 2017
Started processing: August 21st 2017
OWP issued: August 30th 2017
OWP received in mail: September 8th 2017
I am happy for you Girl!!! Are you in Toronto?

evoboy2016

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
DUBAI
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Thank you Lanina I was so happy to see it on Friday. I am in Ottawa
Congrats, Andreah.

I got my PR and arrived in Toronto last month. My cousin wants to come to Canada on Open work permit. She is a nurse in India and wants to take the live-in caregiver route. Please advise if this is possible. She doesnt have any canadian experience.

There is a kid in our family so she is ready to come in as a child caregiver also.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Thank you Lanina I was so happy to see it on Friday. I am in Ottawa
When God is for you!!!!?? He is there right on time. Praise Him because He wanted you to take up this new job and He created a way right on time for this week. So all we have to do is trust Him!!!