+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Max821 said:
Hi! Im planning to apply for pr via the new pathway. May i ask how long it took for you to have your credentials assessed? I submitted my oct 18 to ICAS. Until now no new updates on the status yet.
mine took 3months but it was done by university of Toronto. each institution has different processing time. check with the website of icas

Ktel28

Oct 6, 2015
Seiramae said:
Hi there,

What are your timeline????
I passed my application july 2015. My husband had his medical last april 12,2016, until now no email from cic...

Thanks...
Hi there. We have the same timeline. I already have my confirmation on January 12th. They emailed me last Nov 30 for my confirmation.

lalita1

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marvz21 said:
hi there,
my application was completed last November 16, and just like you I'm still waiting for immigration centre Ottawa to contact me for the interview. from what immigration centre are you based?
Thanks Marv, I am in Toronto, Etobicoke is my immigration center. I didnt pay the PR fee right away because I thought that I did not need to pay in order to have a date for the landing interview but, on November 24 an officer emailed me telling me that I should pay. That confused me. Nevertheless I paid on November 24 and still, no interview date!

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
lalita1 said:
Thanks Marv, I am in Toronto, Etobicoke is my immigration center. I didnt pay the PR fee right away because I thought that I did not need to pay in order to have a date for the landing interview but, on November 24 an officer emailed me telling me that I should pay. That confused me. Nevertheless I paid on November 24 and still, no interview date!
me too, I paid it 2days after I received the email that says my application was completed. I could have paid it right away. but I thought they will still schedule your interview and you can just pay the fee before your interview and just bring the receipt. I'm planning to send them an inquiry thru email but I don't know of they will respond to me.

lalita1

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marvz21 said:
me too, I paid it 2days after I received the email that says my application was completed. I could have paid it right away. but I thought they will still schedule your interview and you can just pay the fee before your interview and just bring the receipt. I'm planning to send them an inquiry thru email but I don't know of they will respond to me.
Yes, I know how you feel. I was talking with a woman in the pharmacy and she used to be a live in caregiver. She told me that they may take up to 4 weeks in order to email you an interview date, at least when she applied (some yrs ago). I do not know if I gonna have time to call tomorrow but I will let you know if I do. Please let me know what they tell you. The uncertainty is driving me nuts! I read that many people got the interview date right away and even the same day of the PR completed email!

Be happy!!! and best luck to all of the others!!! :-*

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
lalita1 said:
Yes, I know how you feel. I was talking with a woman in the pharmacy and she used to be a live in caregiver. She told me that they may take up to 4 weeks in order to email you an interview date, at least when she applied (some yrs ago). I do not know if I gonna have time to call tomorrow but I will let you know if I do. Please let me know what they tell you. The uncertainty is driving me nuts! I read that many people got the interview date right away and even the same day of the PR completed email!

Be happy!!! and best luck to all of the others!!! :-*
maybe it depends on the immigration center.. anyway, I might send an email next week which is its 4th week. please let me know if you call them. thanks

lalita1

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
ok so I got the interview email! It will be this coming Friday. So, my application was completed on the 17 of November and my interview is going to be exactly one month after. Hope you get yours marvz21 soon! And all of the others who are waiting for it.

Does anybody have personal experience on the PR cards waiting times this year?

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
lalita1 said:
Hello,
ok so I got the interview email! It will be this coming Friday. So, my application was completed on the 17 of November and my interview is going to be exactly one month after. Hope you get yours marvz21 soon! And all of the others who are waiting for it.

Does anybody have personal experience on the PR cards waiting times this year?
wow congrats! I'm hoping to hear from immigration Ottawa next week as it will be the 4th week of my application.

lalita1

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody, how are you all doing? any news?

for those of you who already landed or know somebody that landed, how long it takes for the PR card to arrive? Do they send it home or you have to pick it up?

thanks!
Laura

wangmin

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lalita1 said:
Question;
I got the PR application completed email on November 17 so far they have not contacted me for the interview. I am getting anxious :eek:
How long after the application completed email did you get the date for the landing interview?

please help!!!
thanks and best of lucks for all ;D
Hello,
Do you get your email yet? are you single applier? I didn't get any update from I get the OWP on Sept 1.I have my husband, so they have a long time they didn't send me the Medical Request. You are fast, we wish you will get the letter soon.

lalita1

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I got the email. I am a single applicant yes. I think yours will come a bit later since I got my OWP in August. You see to be a month behind. Plus I guess first they ll send a medical for your husband?

Does somebody know how long the PR card is taking these days? do they send it to your address?

Roah

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Hello everyone,
I just want to share my Timeline:

I'm a Live in Caregiver ( LMO- Old Pathway)
Single Applicant, Alberta Canada

Initial WP ( applied in New York ) - approved June 16,2014
Expiry- June 15,2016
Started Working - Aug 01,2014
Work Permit Extended - May 04,2016
Extended WP approved - June 16,2016
Applied for PR/ Open Work : Sept 15,2016 ( 25 months experience )

PR stage One Passes - October 05,2016
PR interview - January 3,2017

Open Work Permit Approved - Dec 06,2016

Thank God!
Thank you to the people who guided me with my application. Godbless us All

comforter

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Roah said:
Hello everyone,
I just want to share my Timeline:

I'm a Live in Caregiver ( LMO- Old Pathway)
Single Applicant, Alberta Canada

Initial WP ( applied in New York ) - approved June 16,2014
Expiry- June 15,2016
Started Working - Aug 01,2014
Work Permit Extended - May 04,2016
Extended WP approved - June 16,2016
Applied for PR/ Open Work : Sept 15,2016 ( 25 months experience )

PR stage One Passes - October 05,2016
PR interview - January 3,2017

Open Work Permit Approved - Dec 06,2016

Thank God!
Thank you to the people who guided me with my application. Godbless us All
Hello Roah for your extension did you use online or paper application?

bok12

Dec 16, 2016
HI everyone, Do you think it is okay for me to apply for PR/OWP while waiting for my Extended work permit? i did send my extended WP application last aug 2016, but until now i didn't received anything yet. thank you for your help