+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

lela

May 14, 2013
natsy said:
@lela,

if your sin begins with 9, then employers will be hesitant to hire you because sin beginning with 9 means temporary workers. with an open work permit, you cannot change your sin to become permanent unless you become permanent resident. so, employers would still want to see your owp. after six weeks of waiting, i called cic and they issued another owp and it arrived in my mail after 3 weeks.
Thank you natsy for your reply. :)

Baybay

Oct 27, 2015
Hi. Im new here. I also submitted mine last july 2, until now no updates yet even owp. What are your insights about the new pathway? Im thinking to submit an application but i cant decide.

aivilo

Oct 13, 2015
hi anybody can help me please, those who just extended their work permit, can u please send the link of the employment contract template u used. I need it ASAP, my employer is confused about the employment contract she filled out because it was dated December 2013. I checked the cic file and thats the most recent one i found there.

robzxy

May 26, 2013
aivilo said:
hi anybody can help me please, those who just extended their work permit, can u please send the link of the employment contract template u used. I need it ASAP, my employer is confused about the employment contract she filled out because it was dated December 2013. I checked the cic file and thats the most recent one i found there.
Just use your old contract when extending your work permit. Then just ask your employer to make a letter explaining that he or she will extend your work with them.

aivilo

Oct 13, 2015
robzxy said:
Just use your old contract when extending your work permit. Then just ask your employer to make a letter explaining that he or she will extend your work with them.

you mean to say she dont need to fill out new employment contract anymore? So what i need to do is to just make a copy of my old employment contract and LMO for the extension?

robzxy

May 26, 2013
aivilo said:
you mean to say she dont need to fill out new employment contract anymore? So what i need to do is to just make a copy of my old employment contract and LMO for the extension?
Yes. Yes. And the letter.

megs08

Aug 10, 2015
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hi I just want to share..
I went for an appointment earlier with the immigration social worker and have her check my documents for OWP/PR. I'm supposed to do Option 1..but she suggested Option 2 which is much faster because my hours of work is in for 3900hrs.
So I did Option 2 instead.
She pointed out to me that: For applicants who didn't changed employer since they came here in Canada, Record of Employment is not necessary to submit..
If you didn't have overtime, you don't need to submit timesheets.
Live-in Caregiver is exempted for the OWP holder fee of $100.

Submitted my OWP/PR under Option 2 today. Praying for a good result. Will update....

macoy_landero

Oct 30, 2015
Hello. I'm new to this forum. I just like to know if anybody here applied on January 2015 for their PR applications under the live-in caregiver program? Here is my information:

Application PR/OWP Submitted: Dec. 26, 2015
Application Received : Jan. 5, 2015
Application Processed : February 5, 2015
OWP Received : March 7, 2015

I'm still waiting for the next step. My concern is that the new processing time now takes 47 months. And I believe it's ridiculous. I'm single and I entered in Montreal, Quebec. I completed my 24 months in Montreal, Quebec but I'm now here in Vancouver, BC. I'm getting impatient and frustrated on how CIC handled the PR applications for LIC. I would really appreciate if anybody can share about their experience. Thanks and God bless.