+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

iceebaby

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
kimmwahli said:
Hi there! Good for u! Congratz!

I submitted my pr/owp application in july 7, 2015 and received my aor in aug. 8, 2015.. i haven't received my open work permit yet :(
There's nothing you can do but wait dear. Even if you bug the CIC everyday, they will give you the same answer. They cannot give you an update because it hasn't exceeded 4 months. November is your 4th month and only then will they be able to tell you what's going on. Wait patiently and pray, it's coming soon. The OWP came on the 3rd month for most of us June applicants.

whyv15

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I have questions to those with dependants did you only submit schedule A and family background in one set or did you include your dependant like me I have a son but he is 15 years old so no need for him to submit the schedule A and family background right? coz I've read a forum that we should include the schedule A and family background coz her papers sent back coz she didn't include those forms for his dependants I just want to clarify.

And one thing thou bout my extension I sent it last June 23rd but until now I didn't receive it yet but check the processing time they working for June 14' s application submitted through paper not online is there anything I can do to that? or just wait? thanks

ecamz

Oct 9, 2015
Robcojuangco3 said:
In my case, I just wrote only the time since I filled out my IMM5710 and validated, coz you couldn't write late or a head, if you notice there is a time format, so you should follow the time format and end up to 2yrs.. don't apply 1month before the WP expire, coz when you do it by mail it takes 3 to 4months, but if you try to do it by online it takes only a month..
thank you for the reply! im going to follow your advise to renew 3-4mos ahead! so i'll just put the date of submission ( Jan 18) and the date my work permit expires (april 18) on the to and from dates, right?

robzxy

May 26, 2013
whyv15 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have questions to those with dependants did you only submit schedule A and family background in one set or did you include your dependant like me I have a son but he is 15 years old so no need for him to submit the schedule A and family background right? coz I've read a forum that we should include the schedule A and family background coz her papers sent back coz she didn't include those forms for his dependants I just want to clarify.

And one thing thou bout my extension I sent it last June 23rd but until now I didn't receive it yet but check the processing time they working for June 14' s application submitted through paper not online is there anything I can do to that? or just wait? thanks
No you should call cic now. I saw many July applicants and their owp has come already.

kimmwahli

Jun 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2016
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 21-12-2016/No AOR2
File Transfer...
28-12-2016;
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2017 / ECAS DM: 06-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
VOH: 17-04-2017
Got my owp already! Just an update... :)

Application submitted: july 7
Aor: aug. 8

Robcojuangco3

Sep 9, 2013
Surrey B.C. Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2015
Doc's Request.
15-08-2015/ 04/15/2016
AOR Received.
12-09-2015
whyv15 said:
Hi Everyone,

You should provide schedule A. (Principal, spouse, and Adult dependant it means only 18yrs. old older) if your son is only 15yrs old, he is not consider as an adult.you and your spouse need to provide schedule A and Additional family information.

longingtogo

May 3, 2012
Sent application : 09/16/2015
CIC received: 09/18/2015
AOR:10/15/2015
access to Ecas: October 19, 2015

I applied for open work permit first week of October, however i just realized that I may have paid the holders fee of $100 instead of the actual application fee of $155. I will see if I can get a hold of cic to clarify and make balance payment.

lela

May 14, 2013
A quick update about my status :
Cic sent my owp in September but unfortunately to the old address because we moved with the employer. The new owers ssid they havent received.Now they cant send it again until the letter returns or complete 6weeks from they day they sent it :/. Since the owp is issued can I look for job and get hire or zi have update the sin with the new work permit?

iceebaby

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
lela said:
A quick update about my status :
Cic sent my owp in September but unfortunately to the old address because we moved with the employer. The new owers ssid they havent received.Now they cant send it again until the letter returns or complete 6weeks from they day they sent it :/. Since the owp is issued can I look for job and get hire or zi have update the sin with the new work permit?
When did CIC send the OWP? If it's just a couple of days ago, wait some more. Maybe it's still on it's way. I live very close to Vegreville but mails and documents from there take forever before I get it.

lela

May 14, 2013
iceebaby said:
When did CIC send the OWP? If it's just a couple of days ago, wait some more. Maybe it's still on it's way. I live very close to Vegreville but mails and documents from there take forever before I get it.
No way to be on the way because was a month ago :/

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
@lela,

i had the same situation as yours before. unfortunately, cic will have to wait 6 weeks to make sure that the mail wasn't lost or until it comes back to them. technically, you may work for any employers now that you have been issued an owp. but i doubt that employers would hire you to work for them unless you show your owp. i know this sucks but you can't do anything for now but wait. as with you sin, you don't have to update it. you only update your sin once you get your pr status..c",)

lela

May 14, 2013
natsy said:
@lela,

i had the same situation as yours before. unfortunately, cic will have to wait 6 weeks to make sure that the mail wasn't lost or until it comes back to them. technically, you may work for any employers now that you have been issued an owp. but i doubt that employers would hire you to work for them unless you show your owp. i know this sucks but you can't do anything for now but wait. as with you sin, you don't have to update it. you only update your sin once you get your pr status..c",)
The most of the employers want to see the SIN than the work permit. How long did it for them to resend it to you after the 6 weeks?

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
@lela,

if your sin begins with 9, then employers will be hesitant to hire you because sin beginning with 9 means temporary workers. with an open work permit, you cannot change your sin to become permanent unless you become permanent resident. so, employers would still want to see your owp. after six weeks of waiting, i called cic and they issued another owp and it arrived in my mail after 3 weeks.

whyv15

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
hi guys i just want to clarify about TRV? you will only get it once you leave canada andcome back right? especially if your visa is expired and when is the best date are we going to apply i will go to the Phils. on April can i apply Jan? or is it too early Thank you