+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Its tempting to apply under the new pathway but it might still take time and the extra cost for ilets and so on.....

Just have to keep trusting God will work everything out

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Does anyone know if a can go on vacation outside Canada while the open work permit and permanent resident application are still in the process??[/QUOTE
As far as i know you can go on vacation while OWP and PR is in process.

The caution is you have to have a valid TRV to re-enter Canada which includes the valid work permit. If your work permit does not have reasonable time left on it. I personally would not advise you to leave Canada unless its a absolute emergency eg. Death! If its a ordinary vacation just wait 3months until the Open Work Permit comes through. Just wait

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Hello.My sister is currently on PR process for live in caregivers, she rreceived an email that one of her daughter was below 22 years old and is a full time student before the amendment of the dependant age which makes her eligible.the question is does she need to be stdying in order to be eligible to come to canada?after graduating college, she stopped. she stayed home and never worked.Since we are not aware that she will be eligible for depenedant she never enrolled or study again.Does anyone have this kind of issue/situation? need advice. Thanks!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-06-23.asp
Hello.My sister is currently on PR process for live in caregivers, she rreceived an email that one of her daughter was below 22 years old and is a full time student before the amendment of the dependant age which makes her eligible.the question is does she need to be stdying in order to be eligible to come to canada?after graduating college, she stopped. she stayed home and never worked.Since we are not aware that she will be eligible for depenedant she never enrolled or study again.Does anyone have this kind of issue/situation? need advice. Thanks!
Read the change in rules regarding deoendents

comforter

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Does anyone know if a can go on vacation outside Canada while the open work permit and permanent resident application are still in the process??
it states on CIC website that if you already put in your PR/OWP application you're advised not to travel outside the country as coming back in may not be easy

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
it states on CIC website that if you already put in your PR/OWP application you're advised not to travel outside the country as coming back in may not be easy
So you should sit around for 4 years? Seriously? As i was saying if you have a valid open work permit and the correspondent temporary visa i dont see the problem.

I am going home to see my children after i get my open work permit. They have no understanding of life for caregivers. They can say what they want. As long as i have a vaild work permit and TRV and i am not going for any prolong period of time then i dont see the problem.

You can always call CIC and let them clarify on what ground this proposed restriction apply

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Can I leave Canada while IRCC processes my application for permanent residence?
Yes. However, if you leave Canada while your application is being processed, you must meet all the admissibility rules before being allowed back into Canada.

If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have all the required documents to enter. This can include:

If you are unable to return to Canada, we could determine that you abandoned your application. In that case, we will not process it.

comforter

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Can I leave Canada while IRCC processes my application for permanent residence?
Yes. However, if you leave Canada while your application is being processed, you must meet all the admissibility rules before being allowed back into Canada.

If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have all the required documents to enter. This can include:

If you are unable to return to Canada, we could determine that you abandoned your application. In that case, we will not process it.
So what happens if your current work permit is expired and you've already applied for your PR/OWP would you still travel outside Canada?
Really sis, i know the wait could be frustrating lets just hope and believe God for favor,speed and completeness concerning everything concerning us.
Why would one come this far only to allow impatience and frustration disrupt things?
Fine if your OWP is approved you can for sure travel out.but with both not yet approved and with an already expired work permit,i personally would not advise you to travel.But eh, that's just my opinion.I pray God comes through for you Lisaar Lanina and thereal26 and i pray that all our heart desires and prayers according to His will be met and answered in Jesus Name.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
So what happens if your current work permit is expired and you've already applied for your PR/OWP would you still travel outside Canada?
Really sis, i know the wait could be frustrating lets just hope and believe God for favor,speed and completeness concerning everything concerning us.
Why would one come this far only to allow impatience and frustration disrupt things?
Fine if your OWP is approved you can for sure travel out.but with both not yet approved and with an already expired work permit,i personally would not advise you to travel.But eh, that's just my opinion.I pray God comes through for you Lisaar Lanina and thereal26 and i pray that all our heart desires and prayers according to His will be met and answered in Jesus Name.
No. I said you have to have a vaild work permit and the TRV

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
God is in control and in the advent of any emergency like a death in your family the CIC are not as harsh as we think. Last year my grandmother died. I reached out to them and the same day the issued me the TRV. The work permit i had was only valid for 9months. When i came back i said to the immigration officer my grandmother died and he said my condolences and i walk through.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
In any event you cannot re enter Canada without a valid visa you would not make it pass the check in desk at the airport! And i would in no way advise anyone to do so

Merron

May 29, 2017
Hello,
ok so I got the interview email! It will be this coming Friday. So, my application was completed on the 17 of November and my interview is going to be exactly one month after. Hope you get yours marvz21 soon! And all of the others who are waiting for it.

Does anybody have personal experience on the PR cards waiting times this year?