07-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
fol said:
Cool!!! congrats and good luck to your interview :)
Thanks! I'm not scared of the interview I'm more of excited for it because that's also the time they will stamp my passport. I'm going for vacation in August and this made it easier for me because I don't have to apply for a new VISA.

Linaudrey

Mar 18, 2016
Linaudrey said:
Hello everyone, I am a new member to this forum. I have a question.
Here is my 2016 application timeline. I am under the old pathway, and option 1, 24 months
PR and OW sent: Feb.09,2016
CIC received: Feb, 11, 2016
Five weeks past I haven't received AOR but two of my friends who applied in 2014 and 2015 July, they all received AOR email in three week. So I start to worry about my application. I called CIC this afternoon, it is so hard to get through, finally on person picked my phone and he said it is too early to send acknowledgement, usually it will take 4 months. But I don't believe what he said. I check this thread, most of the people received their AOR within 3-4 weeks.
Any advice or suggestion? I don't know whether CIC really received my application or not, or they think I miss some documents and will plan to return it.
Thanks a lot.
Updated my timeline

Email from CIC to confirm the PR application: Mar 17, 2016
OW issued: May 12, 2016
OW received by mail: May 17, 2016
Email from Case processing centre to confirm PR application has been completed: Jun 7, 2016

Unfortunately, I just sent out my passport to apply visitor visa. hopefully I can receive it back as soon as possible. Now I am waiting for CIC email to arrange me an interview.

Roah

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
@Linaudrey

Congratulations on your application, do you have dependents?
How much is the processing fee total for Owp/pr?
Is Medical request random for applicants or will everyone get a request ?
Thanks!
Best wishes on your completion

Jian_Letran

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Roah said:
@Linaudrey

Congratulations on your application, do you have dependents?
How much is the processing fee total for Owp/pr?
Is Medical request random for applicants or will everyone get a request ?
Thanks!
Best wishes on your completion
Hello! OWP + work permit holder fee is 255. If you are single they don't ask for medical exam but if you have dependents they will ask for your dependents medical exam. Hope this helps.

Jian_Letran

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Linaudrey said:
Updated my timeline

Email from CIC to confirm the PR application: Mar 17, 2016
OW issued: May 12, 2016
OW received by mail: May 17, 2016
Email from Case processing centre to confirm PR application has been completed: Jun 7, 2016

Unfortunately, I just sent out my passport to apply visitor visa. hopefully I can receive it back as soon as possible. Now I am waiting for CIC email to arrange me an interview.
Did you paid for your Landing fee yet? After I paid my Landing fee they sent me an email the next day for my appointment schedule. Don't worry your passport will come back just before your interview for sure. They sent me my sched last June 2 and my interview is still on June 21. What a waste though because you wont be needing your tourist VISA. But on the brighter side your gonna be PR soon. So cheers to us.

Linaudrey

Mar 18, 2016
Jian_Letran said:
Did you paid for your Landing fee yet? After I paid my Landing fee they sent me an email the next day for my appointment schedule. Don't worry your passport will come back just before your interview for sure. They sent me my sched last June 2 and my interview is still on June 21. What a waste though because you wont be needing your tourist VISA. But on the brighter side your gonna be PR soon. So cheers to us.
Thank you for your kindness.
I have no idea they approved my application so soon. I thought I just got OW so I want to visit my family.
I received email for interview it will be June 15 next Wednesday. And my passport is still nowhere to see. I don't think I can receive it right before the interview date. And it is hard to call them or email them.
I really need some advice. I need to inform the Vancouver office about my passport thing. I don't know they will just let me go or reschedule the interview. I am so frustrated now, like I almost will be a PR but it will slip away from my finger.

Jian_Letran

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Linaudrey said:
Thank you for your kindness.
I have no idea they approved my application so soon. I thought I just got OW so I want to visit my family.
I received email for interview it will be June 15 next Wednesday. And my passport is still nowhere to see. I don't think I can receive it right before the interview date. And it is hard to call them or email them.
I really need some advice. I need to inform the Vancouver office about my passport thing. I don't know they will just let me go or reschedule the interview. I am so frustrated now, like I almost will be a PR but it will slip away from my finger.
how did you apply? Paper or online? My friend applied online and she got her passport back after a week. Because when she sent her passport it took 3 days to reach its destination and another 3 days for it to return. They will stamp and return your passport immediately but if you applied by paper it usually takes 2 weeks. 1 week processing then days for stamping and returning it to its owner. So, I guess you have to just cross your fingers that they return it to you.

Linaudrey

Mar 18, 2016
Jian_Letran said:
how did you apply? Paper or online? My friend applied online and she got her passport back after a week. Because when she sent her passport it took 3 days to reach its destination and another 3 days for it to return. They will stamp and return your passport immediately but if you applied by paper it usually takes 2 weeks. 1 week processing then days for stamping and returning it to its owner. So, I guess you have to just cross your fingers that they return it to you.
I applied online. According to post office it got there on June 6, and as of today, there is no sign of my passport to return. So I am so frustrated now. I don't know what I should do, call them to reschedule or not. I cannot reach direct to Vancouver IRCC office to infor them I don't have passport now. Call them to cancel my visitor visa application and send my passport back right away? I think that may make things worse and slow.

Jian_Letran

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Linaudrey said:
I applied online. According to post office it got there on June 6, and as of today, there is no sign of my passport to return. So I am so frustrated now. I don't know what I should do, call them to reschedule or not. I cannot reach direct to Vancouver IRCC office to infor them I don't have passport now. Call them to cancel my visitor visa application and send my passport back right away? I think that may make things worse and slow.
It's coming back before your appointment. It just takes a week. Did you send it through a courier and a return slip then you're good. It takes a week so I think you're good.

pharelle20

Jun 21, 2011
Jian_Letran said:
Thanks! I'm not scared of the interview I'm more of excited for it because that's also the time they will stamp my passport. I'm going for vacation in August and this made it easier for me because I don't have to apply for a new VISA.
Hi Jian_Letran, congrats! Is your interview be at CIC ETOBIOKE?

Jian_Letran

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
pharelle20 said:
Hi Jian_Letran, congrats! Is your interview be at CIC ETOBIOKE?
I'm from Edmonton so it's in Canadaplace downtown in Jasper Ave. I don't know where Etibioke is.

Roah

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Thank you for your reply!
So on the application I have to pay $255 ( i have no dependents )
Then PR fee comes after?

Jian_Letran

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Roah said:
Thank you for your reply!
So on the application I have to pay $255 ( i have no dependents )
Then PR fee comes after?
You have to pay processing fee of $550 for your PR application which is just a paper application, plus the $255 for the open work permit which you can apply online or by paper it depends on you. if you want you can also pay for your landing fee which is $490 at the same you submit your application. It would be faster that way. They said they will return it if you get refused but it is better because you don't have to pay it later once you get approved so good luck.

esil

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
6474 LCP Application ....PR/OWP
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015 Refused app..: 20-Feb-2016 re-send app....: 25-Feb-2016
Doc's Request.
IMM5406; 5669 Visa Officer :..... LZHL
AOR Received.
06-Apr-2016 OWP approved: 01-June-2016 PR Eligibility: 15-June-2016
File Transfer...
to Abu Dhabi 15-June-2016 PR Option1 old pathway
Med's Request
19-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
11-08-2018
LANDED..........
God's will
little bit nervous here. can't wait to be with my family. God be with us guys.

Guys ive got email illigibilty for PR and my dependents will be contacted by abu dhabi visa office.

This means medical? Thanks God for this. A blessing for us to be reunited.

whyv15

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
esil said:
little bit nervous here. can't wait to be with my family. God be with us guys.
Hi Esil my son done with his medical ladt April 29,2016 and when i checked immigration site it says there received medical last may 13th but i didnt receive any email yet fingers crossed..lets just wait and pray