+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Less marks in maths

manveersidhu

Aug 14, 2019
hey guys
My 12th grade marks are 70 % overall but 43 in maths and it really sucks.
And most of the colleges that I wanted to get admission in (Near Toronto) require 50+ in maths.
So guys please help me out I’m stuck
I don’t know what to do
I would really appreciate the help !!!!

bmanirudh

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
I hope you know that a college is not the same as a university in Canada. Colleges are way more lenient in accepting students. By the way, have you applied to any colleges yet ?

bmanirudh

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
OR are there any colleges that accept less marks ?
There could be. It all depends on luck. If you do not want to depend on luck, SAT is the way to go. It also depends on what you want to study, is it something Math-related ? How good is your IELTS ? IELTS and percentages are what colleges consider. If one of them is good, it could balance the downfalls in the other (atleast for some colleges).

manveersidhu

Aug 14, 2019
There could be. It all depends on luck. If you do not want to depend on luck, SAT is the way to go. It also depends on what you want to study, is it something Math-related ? How good is your IELTS ? IELTS and percentages are what colleges consider. If one of them is good, it could balance the downfalls in the other (atleast for some colleges).
My Ielts band scores are 7 overall

manveersidhu

Aug 14, 2019
Can I go for university of Winnipeg in 3 year degree program? An IDP agent told me that in a degree, Maths’s scores doesn’t matter that much

manveersidhu

Aug 14, 2019
I hope you know that a college is not the same as a university in Canada. Colleges are way more lenient in accepting students. By the way, have you applied to any colleges yet ?
Yeah I have applied in Sheridan for Community and Justice Services program.
Btw do you think I can get a offer letter from University of Winnipeg in a 3 year degree program . An IDP agent told me that it can be possible as maths’s marks doesn’t matter that much in a degree

bmanirudh

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Can I go for university of Winnipeg in 3 year degree program? An IDP agent told me that in a degree, Maths’s scores doesn’t matter that much
As far as I know, universities are strict in their admissions process. Some universities are very lenient such as the University of Winnipeg or the University of Saskatchewan. You may get admission there but beware of the location. It gets really cold in such places, job opportunities may be less, so research well before taking a decision.

Reactions: manveersidhu

manveersidhu

Aug 14, 2019
As far as I know, universities are strict in their admissions process. Some universities are very lenient such as the University of Winnipeg or the University of Saskatchewan. You may get admission there but beware of the location. It gets really cold in such places, job opportunities may be less, so research well before taking a decision.
Thanks man
Appreciate the help

manveersidhu

Aug 14, 2019
University of Winnipeg refused my application ):