+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lesbian Couple from Philippines

Kianshie

Jan 15, 2015
Permission to post please...

We are schoolmate from high school, graduated 2004 then after 10 years, we were able to established communication via facebook last year January 2014. I think, a destiny so February 2014 we decided to live together. I am a single mother, not married. She is a lesbian. She will be leaving our country, The Philippines this February 11, 2015 with her Father and Mother as her eldest sister, a canadian citizen, filed petition/sponsorship for them. My questions are:

1. Since they will landed as immigrant/permanent resident holder, how many months or years before she can invite a friend/partner? Our plan is that, after 6 months of staying there, given, she already have a work and enough money on the bank to show that she is eligible to invite a friend or partner, she will invite me there as a visitor. Is it possible?

2. If not possible, can her eldest sister, a permanent resident for 3 years (She has 2 sisters there, 1 PR and 1 CC) invite me? as what? a friend? is it possible?

3. If in any case my partner is eligible and tourist visa is approved, can I stay there for 6 months? or it depends on the CIC?

5. If 6 months period/time is finish, how many months can I re-apply to go back in Canada?
Can her sister invite me again? Can her sister include my daughter to visit Canada as tourist?
For my daughter is it going to be 6 months also to stay?

4. Does she need to have her PR card first before she can invite a partner?
Does she need to have her PR card first before she can apply common law partner sponsorship?

5. How long it will take before she can apply for common law partner sponsorship?
Is it true that 1 year of living together is consider as common law partner?

6. If she or her sister invite me as tourist and grant 6 months to stay for the first time, when I go back to the Philippines then decided to go back there for the 2nd time as tourist for 6 months, can we get married? If yes, after getting married then ill go back home after 6 months as tourist, is that the only time that she can apply the common law sponsorship?

7. If we were able to get married, can she apply the common law sponsorship while im there as a tourist? If yes, how long it will take for me to wait til we will be together as common law partner in canada?

8. Can she adopt my daughter even though the last name of my daughter is under her father?

Sorry, too many questions but I hope someone can help me on this and better explain the best step that we can do to be together.

I have a stable job, renting my own apartment now with my daughter and partner but I have a rent to own house under my name and another house (not under my name YET) as I am paying it through inhouse term but I have all the documents that it is my house unit under my name. I also have bank account with acceptable savings though I dont have credit card.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
If you have lived together for 12 months before she leaves for Canada, she will need to declare that to CIC, and that will likely cause her to lose her PR visa, as she would not be a dependent anymore. If she does not declare you as her common-law partner, then you can NEVER be sponsored under family class, and she runs the risk of having her PR revoked and being charged with misrepresentation.

If you have not lived together for 12 months when she leaves (so you started living together after February 12, 2014), then yes, she can invite you as a tourist/visitor. There is no guarantee that you would get the visa.

The length of time you are allowed to stay depends on the officer at the border. It is 6 months unless you are told otherwise. You can apply to extend your stay as a visitor. It would likely be more difficult to get a visa for yourself and your daughter, since the VO would think that you are not planning on returning to your home country.

If you get married, then you would not apply as common-law, but as married. Be very careful with applying as common-law, since you cannot be common-law before she lands in Canada.

Kianshie

Jan 15, 2015
Hello,

@Thank you MilesAway :)

**If you have not lived together for 12 months when she leaves (so you started living together after February 12, 2014), then yes, she can invite you as a tourist/visitor. There is no guarantee that you would get the visa. **

-is there any way to atleast somehow get a guarantee that i could apply for a tourist visa and be approve? any advice? how? docs?
-what are the things that might cause denial for this scenario?
-if approved as tourist like for example stay there for a month, can we get married after 6 months after her arriving in canada? or
-we need to wait for the 12 months period?
-does she need to have a minimum wage income to support the invitation?
-so if we start the counting from feb 13, 2014 (not living together anymore), how can we classify the 12 months of living together?

**If you get married, then you would not apply as common-law, but as married. Be very careful with applying as common-law, since you cannot be common-law before she lands in Canada.**

-We cannot marry here in the Philippines, as of the moment we really dont have any idea where and when to start.

I appreciate it MilesAway super thank you :)

sybase24

Jan 19, 2015
We're having the same issue! I also wanna apply for my gf a tourist visa to canada so I can marry her there and file a CR1 visa and fly to states. Now I don't know where to start.

sybase24

Jan 19, 2015
No, Im from US of A and trying to get my fiancee using CR1 visa so she dont need to adjust her status when she gets here. Marrying in canada is our only option coz it's a lot closer.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Kianshie said:
Hello,

@ Thank you MilesAway :)

**If you have not lived together for 12 months when she leaves (so you started living together after February 12, 2014), then yes, she can invite you as a tourist/visitor. There is no guarantee that you would get the visa. **

-is there any way to atleast somehow get a guarantee that i could apply for a tourist visa and be approve? any advice? how? docs?
-what are the things that might cause denial for this scenario?
-if approved as tourist like for example stay there for a month, can we get married after 6 months after her arriving in canada? or
-we need to wait for the 12 months period?
-does she need to have a minimum wage income to support the invitation?
-so if we start the counting from feb 13, 2014 (not living together anymore), how can we classify the 12 months of living together?

**If you get married, then you would not apply as common-law, but as married. Be very careful with applying as common-law, since you cannot be common-law before she lands in Canada.**

-We cannot marry here in the Philippines, as of the moment we really dont have any idea where and when to start.

I appreciate it MilesAway super thank you :)
I'm not sure what 12 month waiting period you are referring to.

You haven't said when you started living together. That is crucial information. If you started living together at the beginning of February, she needs to inform CIC before she leaves, otherwise she will be guilty of misrepresentation, and you can NEVER be sponsored. There is no way around that.

There is no way to guarantee that you will get a visa. Anyone who says they can guarantee it is probably also asking you for money. You need to prove strong ties to your home country, as well as a good job, assets, etc. My spouse was refused 4 times, so I quit my job in Canada and moved to be with her.

You can get married in other countries. My wife and I went to a third country, because she was refused visas to Canada (4 times) and the USA (once). Our marriage is not recognized in her country, and we try to fly under the radar because it could cause serious problems for both of us, including deportation, fines, and jail time for me.

Chamil28

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-03-2014
File Transfer...
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
No PPR but In Process October 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-24-2014
LANDED..........
12-17-2014
Hi kianshie

You can send me a message maybe i can help you.. :) My partner came last year here in Canada as my common law partner baka mabigyan kita ng infos.. ;)

Reactions: Monicajoy0629

meyts128

Jan 14, 2015
hi there .. got same situation .. im here in Canada for 10mos as a LiveIn Caregiver .. when i submit my application as CG im single .. at 2012 got to chat with my schoolmate since kindergarten .. shes at Qatar .. then she went back to the Philippines for me Aug2013 .. we started our relationship December2012 .. started living together(house that we bought but its only under my name) we only lived together for 7mos because my visa already arrived and i have to leave .. My question is if im going to apply for Permanent Residency can i include her as Common Law partner and also his son 15yrs old? ..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
meyts128 said:
hi there .. got same situation .. im here in Canada for 10mos as a LiveIn Caregiver .. when i submit my application as CG im single .. at 2012 got to chat with my schoolmate since kindergarten .. shes at Qatar .. then she went back to the Philippines for me Aug2013 .. we started our relationship December2012 .. started living together(house that we bought but its only under my name) we only lived together for 7mos because my visa already arrived and i have to leave .. My question is if im going to apply for Permanent Residency can i include her as Common Law partner and also his son 15yrs old? ..
No - you can't include her as a Common Law partner. You would only be able to include her if you lived together for at least 12 months continuously.

meyts128

Jan 14, 2015
were together for 2yrs .. shes in Qatar when we started our relationship .. when she went home we only have 7months to be together because i have to leave .. we bought a house .. shes used that address in all of her documents.. how can we live together continously if were abroad?

ALMALL

Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
File Transfer...
8-2-2016
Med's Request
2-2-2016 received
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2016 on transit
HI there, I am a pR here in Canada and my wife and her son is in the philippines. pinoy din po ako... I am just wondering if pwede ko sila maisponsoran kc mahirp umuwi sa pinas na magstay ng 1 year kc mahirp buhay dun at para maoccupy ang definition ng common law partner. nagiistay ngyon ang mag ina ko sa bahay namin at nagaaral sila, ako nagsusuport is it considered conjugal partner, same sex couple din kami at naging kami ng asawa ko nun Nov 2013, nagstrt lang ang evidences namin nung 2014 kc kailangan daw evidences umuwi ako sa pinas ng july to propose... may mga pictures naman kami... pls any advice it will help for my family to be together. thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ALMALL said:
HI there, I am a pR here in Canada and my wife and her son is in the philippines. pinoy din po ako... I am just wondering if pwede ko sila maisponsoran kc mahirp umuwi sa pinas na magstay ng 1 year kc mahirp buhay dun at para maoccupy ang definition ng common law partner. nagiistay ngyon ang mag ina ko sa bahay namin at nagaaral sila, ako nagsusuport is it considered conjugal partner, same sex couple din kami at naging kami ng asawa ko nun Nov 2013, nagstrt lang ang evidences namin nung 2014 kc kailangan daw evidences umuwi ako sa pinas ng july to propose... may mga pictures naman kami... pls any advice it will help for my family to be together. thanks in advance
You should ask your question in English.