+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legitimate PR Confirmation Portal Email?

clue12

Jul 1, 2020
Hi all!

I received an email this morning from an @cic.gc.ca email address with the subject line "IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal." The body of the email reads: "Welcome to the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process. The attached PDF contains information and instructions regarding the confirmation portal process for your review. Once you have review the document, hit reply to send the requested information outline in the document."

Besides the slight typos in the email, the attached PDF is very strange. It is not formatted like any other IRCC letter I have received (does not include IRCC header and footer) and in fact seems to be some kind of incomplete template where they forgot to fill in some important details.

For example, at the top, after my name, they have left blank the UCI, Application #, etc that is normally included. In the middle of the letter, there is a section that says "If you can’t access online tools such as the portal, or if you experience any technical issues with the portal, please let us know by replying to: ITISSUESEMAIL to be created." At the bottom as well, it is signed

"Sincerely,

(GCMS user ID)
(Office’s city name)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"

Has anyone who has gotten a confirmation portal email confirm if this is what the real letter should look like, or is this a mistake or scam? I'm very eager to reply with details and move on to the next step, but am slightly concerned if the email is legitimate or not. We've tried calling but weren't able to get through this morning, so thought I would post here and see if anyone else had any insight. (In case it matters, I did also check ECAS today and saw that it had changed to Decision Made, though no other updates through GCKEY.)

Thanks!!

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Mine was basically identical. Says:

********* CLICK REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WHEN RESPONDING********* Welcome to the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process. The attached PDF contains information and instructions regarding the confirmation portal process for your review. Once you have review the document, hit reply to send the requested information outline in the document. ***Calgary IRCC (there was a number here that I think is specific to me so I removed it)***

clue12

Jul 1, 2020
Mine was basically identical. Says:

********* CLICK REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WHEN RESPONDING********* Welcome to the Permanent Resident Confirmation portal process. The attached PDF contains information and instructions regarding the confirmation portal process for your review. Once you have review the document, hit reply to send the requested information outline in the document. ***Calgary IRCC (there was a number here that I think is specific to me so I removed it)***
Thanks so much!! Did the PDF letter they sent you also include the unusual blanks where it seems like information should have been filled in?

The weirdest part to me is that the middle of the letter says "If you can’t access online tools such as the portal, or if you experience any technical issues with the portal, please let us know by replying to: ITISSUESEMAIL to be created." As if they forgot to fill in the template with the correct email addresses and info, etc. Wondering if it's okay to go ahead and just reply to this email with the requested details or if it was sent to me incomplete by mistake and I should wait for a completed one....

clue12

Jul 1, 2020

august202021

Aug 20, 2021
Thanks so much! Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who got a slightly questionable email....If you're able to get an answer from them eventually, would be grateful for an update!
I just talked to them and they have confirmed that it is indeed legitimate. They're doing a new eCOPR thingamajiggy

Congratsss!!!

clue12

Jul 1, 2020
I just talked to them and they have confirmed that it is indeed legitimate. They're doing a new eCOPR thingamajiggy

Congratsss!!!
Awesome - thanks so much for the update, and congrats to you as well!! So excited that this process is finally almost over!! Hopefully this thread will also be helpful for anyone in the future who also receives a similar email from IRCC :)

clue12

Jul 1, 2020
yes i got the same email, are we sure about that guys ?
Yes, my email was legitimate!! I received a PR Confirmation Portal email (the one I posted about here) on Aug 20th and another one on Aug 22nd. The PDF letters attached to both emails were really strange, like unfinished, unofficial templates (the second one even had an editing "comment" in a side bubble noting that they needed to change the wording of something in the document). Regardless, I replied to both emails with the requested information. I'm not sure which one went through, but I got my portal credentials on Aug 23rd, submitted photo and address the same day, and received eCoPR on Aug 25th :)

Also - I received all other IRCC emails just fine, but the final, crucial portal credentials email actually went to my spam folder, so if you're expecting it, make sure to check there too!!

iZsk

Jun 22, 2021
Hello,
I have submitted my details to the PR portal regarding my mailing address, recent photo, and confirmation for inside Canada almost months ago(Status: In review with IRCC). Today I received a mail (paper) from IRCC, stating that I should confirm my email and my details so that they can create a portal for me and this is the last time they are asking!!! I am done with this more than a month ago !!! Wondering, does anyone facing this issue? Should I concern about this ? or contact IRCC regarding this? Thanks

A_Kumar_01

Nov 9, 2012
Thanks all for the info been shared here. I got exact same email with a not-so-neat PDF. Email address looks legit (IRCC PR Portal / Portail RP IRCC <IRCC.ClientPortalPrairies-PrairiesClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>), and all the details provided are correct too (like my name, email, UCI, DoB, etc.)

Two issues:
1) Instructions in the PDF ask for info like below as a reply and I thought IRCC would not ask for any info via email?
Name:
  • UCI:
  • Email (one for the whole family)
  • Original entry date:
  • Date of last time you entered Canada:
  • Location where you last entered

2) They sent me the email, addressing me as the principal applicant, whereas my wife is the one.

Please help me understand if it is likely to be a legit email or not. Thanks!

clue12

Jul 1, 2020
1. Yes, it's legitimate - you just reply directly to the email with the requested details

2. Sorry, not sure about this one - I am the principal applicant, and I was also the one who received the email!

Reactions: A_Kumar_01

A_Kumar_01

Nov 9, 2012
1. Yes, it's legitimate - you just reply directly to the email with the requested details

2. Sorry, not sure about this one - I am the principal applicant, and I was also the one who received the email!
Thanks for the reply! I have sent out the email. Let's see how it goes.

A_Kumar_01

Nov 9, 2012
It seems to be a quick process, once they finally get to your application.
I received pre-portal email (mentioned above) yesterday asking uci, original arrival, last arrival date, etc. Got portal credentials this morning. Submitted photo right away. Got eCoPR this afternoon. Now the wait for PR card begins.