+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legal Accreditation Conundrum

Shegotmail

Apr 19, 2017
Hi:

So I'm getting closer to Canada, got my visa on Tuesday and very helpful people like @scylla on this forum put me right on having to apply for my parents and siblings in the near future. See here if you want to learn a thing or two.

Next steps:

1. Trying to get a reasonably priced ticket.
2. Having issues applying to the NCA to begin my legal accreditation process. :confused:

So I'm a lawyer but need to pass '500 million' hurdles created by the Canadian system to get accredited and practising.

The NCA is supposed to look through my transcripts and results, something WES has done already. I've spoken to WES who have 'agreed' in principle to send my transcripts to the NCA. I mean, while would I want to go over the hassle of calling all the schools I studied at and pay for transcripts all over again when everything is resident at WES? :eek:

Now, I'm trying to upload the NCA form so I can fill it, pay and send the address to WES but it's not coming up. Been trying for the last hour.

Can any lawyer in the house shed some light on the process, the exams, the costs et al? I'd really appreciate it. :)

Mazen1991

Mar 27, 2018
Yesterday at 10:41 AM
Hi all,
I am a petroleum engineer and my jobs code noc 2145 is not in the demand list of saskatchewan but my skills and jobs description of course can pretty fit with geological technologists and technicians noc 2212 which is found in the demand list.
Can i apply with my current situation

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You have to pick the NOC code the matches your skills the best. You can't just pick your NOC based on what NOC are in demand.