File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
AND how can I get through without getting reported? Would I be holding a Us visa like my family?
There's really nothing you can do to get through without being reported. You'll just have to go to the border and see what happens. Given how long you've been outside of Canada, the chances of being reported are very high.

Yes - you would need a US visa to be able to enter the US. Your family would need to get both a US visa and a Canadian visa. If you somehow manage to get your family to Canada, they won't qualify for health care coverage, they won't be able to work and your children may not be able to attend school without obtaining study permits and paying $15,000 each per year in tuition.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
To add to what scylla said, there is also no guarantee that your family will be allowed to enter Canada even if they have visitor visas. CBSA may very well determine that they intend to live in Canada using visitor visas and deny entry. You will definitely be allowed in as a PR even if they report you but no such rights exist for your family who are not PRs.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you have a SIN? Without that you wouldn’t be able to work. The only chance you really have would be to try and enter alone. The chances of your family getting visas are pretty low unless you have extremely strong ties to Argentina, good savings and previous international travel.

Pamelaluz84

Sep 13, 2019
Do you have a SIN? Without that you wouldn’t be able to work. The only chance you really have would be to try and enter alone. The chances of your family getting visas are pretty low unless you have extremely strong ties to Argentina, good savings and previous international travel.
Then I guess the best thing is to renounce and apply again. Can I try applying through PNP ? I was thinking as a fruit picker. It’s an in demand job and it suits me since I’m 35 years old and high school education only

Pamelaluz84

Sep 13, 2019
Then I guess the best thing is to renounce and apply again. Can I try applying through PNP ? I was thinking as a fruit picker. It’s an in demand job and it suits me since I’m 35 years old and high school education only
Would I be able Tom apply with my family?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Out of interest maybe share Where do you see a fruit picker role, classified as unskilled NOC D, being an in demand PR job ?

Pamelaluz84

Sep 13, 2019

Pamelaluz84

Sep 13, 2019
Well because I’m doing research and just read an article https://globalnews.ca/news/5937397/temporary-foreign-workers-kelowna-all-candidates-forum/ check it out and find for yourself. And If your not gonna help and just judge and be negative just don’t even bother in replying
Posting part of the article :
We don’t have enough skilled, we don’t have enough unskilled workers. We need to get people here because it helps them, it helps us, and it’s mutually beneficial for everyone,” Fuhr said.

Liberal candidate Mary Ann Murphy said temporary foreign workers are important, especially in the Okanagan where they’re needed as fruit pickers.

“We also know that these temporary foreign workers are filling jobs that Canadians don’t want. With an aging population, a shortage of workers, and so many farmers telling us ‘You can hire a Canadian, but after a day or two, they are gone’,” Murphy said.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Posting part of the article :
We don’t have enough skilled, we don’t have enough unskilled workers. We need to get people here because it helps them, it helps us, and it’s mutually beneficial for everyone,” Fuhr said.

Liberal candidate Mary Ann Murphy said temporary foreign workers are important, especially in the Okanagan where they’re needed as fruit pickers.

“We also know that these temporary foreign workers are filling jobs that Canadians don’t want. With an aging population, a shortage of workers, and so many farmers telling us ‘You can hire a Canadian, but after a day or two, they are gone’,” Murphy said.
So you're taking what some political candidate, who btw was running for office , said and spinning it as official government policy ?
Btw, it's a open public forum, everyone is allowed to post their opinion , and just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it negative
PS....BS65 in no way whatsoever was negative
PSS...The Liberal candidate you quoted , lost in their bid to get elected

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We have a temporary farm worker program which is used to fill many farm jobs. There are no pathway to PR in the program.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
It will be a tough path to try to get PR this way (if there is even a pathway to PR).

Your best bet is to just try to get to a Canadian port of entry and take your chances. Maybe you will get lucky with a very kind CBSA officer who will let you in with just a warning. You never know. The risk is high that you will not be successful but honestly I don't see much better options.

Daad

Feb 7, 2018
What is your exact situation? Are you in Canada? You seem to be close to 30. Are you from a visa exempt country? Do you have a US visa?
Me and my family emigrated to canada in 1998 i was 9 years and left canada before getting a pr and never been there. Now i am planning to re enter canada via us border since i got a us visa. And settle there for good. Yes am almost 30.

Daad

Feb 7, 2018
Another point is that i never knew that i might still have a status in canada, i thought that i lost it long time ago