+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Left Canada when a minor

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Me and my family emigrated to canada in 1998 i was 9 years and left canada before getting a pr and never been there. Now i am planning to re enter canada via us border since i got a us visa. And settle there for good. Yes am almost 30.
Do you actually know that you have PR status? Your post is unclear. You say you have emigrated but never lived in Canada. You can’t just settle in Canada.

Daad

Feb 7, 2018
Do you actually know that you have PR status? Your post is unclear. You say you have emigrated but never lived in Canada. You can’t just settle in Canada.
I dont know if i have a status or not. What i meant is that when i turned 18 i didnt know that i can get back easily and apply for a pr. My question is that am now 30 can i re enter canada via us borders by my record of landing imm 1000 and try to apply for a pr?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I dont know if i have a status or not. What i meant is that when i turned 18 i didnt know that i can get back easily and apply for a pr. My question is that am now 30 can i re enter canada via us borders by my record of landing imm 1000 and try to apply for a pr?
You can certainly try re-entering Canada. One of two things will happen. If you are allowed into Canada without being reported for failing to meet the residency requirement, then you will need to live in Canada for 2 straight years before you will be able to renew your PR card and ensure your PR status is safe. During these two years, you should avoid leaving Canada and it may be challenging to get health care coverage. On the other hand, if you are allowed to enter Canada but are reported for failing to meet the residency requirement, you will be required to attend a hearing and will end up losing your PR status and be forced to leave Canada. It's really impossible for any of us to say which of these two things will happen.

Reactions: jddd

Daad

Feb 7, 2018
Is there a chance if i got reported and in the hearing get approved due to humanitarian reasons?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Is there a chance if i got reported and in the hearing get approved due to humanitarian reasons?
What are the humanitarian reasons given once you were no longer a dependant you could be asked why you did not return then as opposed to wait until 30. The longer the gap the less convincing

Daad

Feb 7, 2018
What are the humanitarian reasons given once you were no longer a dependant you could be asked why you did not return then as opposed to wait until 30. The longer the gap the less convincing
Thanks for your quick reply.
I’ll try re entering canada, hope everything goes well. Thank you again

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you have a SIN#? How will you work if you don’t have one? Healthcare? What if you lost your PR already? Have you asked your parents?

Last edited:
Reactions: jddd

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There are no humanitarian arguments for your case. If you are reported, you'll end up losing PR status.

Reactions: Buletruck and jddd

Daad

Feb 7, 2018
Do you have a SIN#? How will you work if you don’t have one? Healthcare? What if you lost your PR already? Have you asked your parents?
All what i have is my record of landing and old health insurance. How will my parents know? They are outside canada since that time 23 years ago.

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
So renounce PR and pay international fees like every other international student since you haven’t met the RO. If it isn’t about the domestic fees you should be happy to pay international fees since your family didn’t meet RO.
i question the such a negative and biased response-
without knowing any details whatsoever of the circumstances that lead to being out of RO
the person is assuming that the child is only going back to avail domestic fees, live off the system and evade paying taxes from day one
the child may be coming back to permanently settle , to start a new life and to call Canada his/her home
without being both the judge and jury , he should focus more on providing assistance and support people who visit these forums to seek help and guidance.
if he cannot do that, then it is best to avoid posting personal opinions

people dont come here to be lectured on what they should do and not do

thank you

Reactions: Pamelaluz84

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
My issue is related to it I want to ask that my family (Me, my wife, my son aged 5 and daughter 9 at that time) got PR status in 2005, we stayed there for six months (received our SIN cards), my father in mean time was diagnosed of prostate cancer in Pakistan, I had to come back immediately although I was well settled there in short time, my father couldn't make it and passed away, my mother was left alone and there was no one to take care of her. I had no option but to stay. Now my children aged 20 and 24 insists to go back to Canada, my daughter is a Certified Montessori Teacher, she will be finishing her graduation by fall of 2020, My son is in 3rd semester of bachelors and is a Certified Graphic designer. They under no circumstances want to leave their parents behind, me and my spouse have nothing more precious then better future of our children. Kindly suggest /advice how should I put up my case so that I stand better chances of approval.

i suggest you to Apply with details of your circumstances
you have nothing to loose here

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i question the such a negative and biased response-
without knowing any details whatsoever of the circumstances that lead to being out of RO
the person is assuming that the child is only going back to avail domestic fees, live off the system and evade paying taxes from day one
the child may be coming back to permanently settle , to start a new life and to call Canada his/her home
without being both the judge and jury , he should focus more on providing assistance and support people who visit these forums to seek help and guidance.
if he cannot do that, then it is best to avoid posting personal opinions

people dont come here to be lectured on what they should do and not do

thank you
Did you read the whole story? The family specifies that their child would like to return and attend a Canadian university although the family spent 3 weeks and then 5 months in Canada all before 2004. How is their situation different from the other international students. Although they have not lost PR their family has not made any attempts to relocate to Canada for 15 years.

Reactions: Buletruck and jddd