+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Left canada immediately after applying for CTZ APP.

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
DAN11 said:
Oh you actually know of it but you asked the question sounding like you don't know unless you found the link after you posted the question - Ok, good as I mentioned in my response it would be good to know where on the website it is. Interesting to know as many left Canada longer than that and it wasnt an issue - The expert is YMCA
My appologies glass77 as i thought the above response was you. Good to know the truth, that one good thing about the website to help others who dont know. Thanks for sharing this OPP

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
glass77 said:
7 weeks basically for visiting families, so you might say Vacation.
If you just applied, no need to notify CIC... you won't be receiving test invite within 2 months of applying... earliest I have seen was 3 months after applying
By the same token, there is no risk to notify CIC either. CIC just not send invite during the absence period that you brought to their attention.

Your call.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
glass77 said:
hi arambi,

so you mean its ok to inform CIC that I had left Canada for 7 weeks.
CIC instructs that you should inform them if you are away for more than 2 weeks

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you think you haven't missed any correspondence from CIC,then you don't need to worry much. We left 2weeks after our application was received. We came back before it was even 'in process'. IMO, informing CIC is just to make sure you will not miss any correspondence with critical deadlines. There's nothing shady about you being gone for that period. In fact you are already back.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
CIC is asking to inform them if you plan to leave for more than two weeks. Since you already left; not much you can do, even if you like to. CIC # is within Canada. You can try to write them.