+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving canada

Discussion in 'Canadian Finance and Taxation' started by Mikelen, Nov 2, 2018.

  1. Hi i am temporary resident for 2 years working permit holders and im leaving canada soon can i claim my cpp back if im leaving canada permanently. Should i give call cra before im leaving.
    Thanks for your help
  2. In a word, no. You can't get it back, except as pension when you retire, if you are eligible. By all means call CRA to confirm this.
  3. No. Although, if you return to Canada in the future, the number of years you contributed previously will be counted towards your eligible CPP amount when you retire. Best to call CRA for more info.


Share This Page