+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada without PR Card

newcommer2018

Oct 18, 2018
Greetings All,

I will be landing in Canada within a month or two. But due to the nature of my current job, I will have to leave Canada after 15 or 20 days without a PR card. Realistically speaking, I will not get my PR card in such a short time. I have a few questions related to this scenario.

1) Will there be any implication if I travel outside Canada without PR card? Do I need to inform the authorities in advance?
2) Can anyone of my relative/friend send my PR card through a courier (FedEx or DHL)? Do they allow sending these cards?
3) When to apply for PR Travel Document (PRTD)?

Looking for help.

Regards.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. No

2. Yes, however, if the immigration officer becomes aware that you are doing a short landing and will not be in Canada when the PR card is mailed to your address, they could put a hold on it.

3. You should apply for a PR travel document if you find yourself outside Canada without a PR card and want to return. This would be the case if 2. happens, that is they put a hold on your card, or if your card simply doesn't arrive, gets lost in the mail or gets lost when your relative tries to send it to you.

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hello Leon,

Sorry, not related to the issue but I have a question and not able to reach satisfied answer.

My spouse sponsored me and our kids. I sent all documents including Police Certificate to Missisauga. Just after receiving the application package 4 days, I received e mail for Biometric Fees Payment Request. I did the payment.

There is application number on the request letter.

- Does it mean AOR ?

- While applying for Police Certificate, I did give fingerprints, are those different than each other?

Awaiting for your kind comments

Oct 22, 2018
hello leon,

i have applied for EE on 10 October 2018 , my score for crs is 367, now i'm trying for Ontario pnp specially, can you tell me how i can get the job and where i can find them, as many of the agencies or private jobs on jobseek ca looking for someone who is already in Canada. i live in Australia right originally from India ; due to all the changes in rules and regulation i have really less chance right now looks like in Australia. i was working as a internal auditor for 4 years since 2013 to 2017 and then from i'm working as a retail manager in a same store-and its continue.

can you helps me to find the job so it will boost my point scores or any other suggestions whoich will help me getting my pnp invitation .

thank you in advance.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
hello leon,

i have applied for EE on 10 October 2018 , my score for crs is 367, now i'm trying for Ontario pnp specially, can you tell me how i can get the job and where i can find them, as many of the agencies or private jobs on jobseek ca looking for someone who is already in Canada. i live in Australia right originally from India ; due to all the changes in rules and regulation i have really less chance right now looks like in Australia. i was working as a internal auditor for 4 years since 2013 to 2017 and then from i'm working as a retail manager in a same store-and its continue.

can you helps me to find the job so it will boost my point scores or any other suggestions whoich will help me getting my pnp invitation .

thank you in advance.
You have already found I guess that unless you have unique skills not readily available in Canada , unlikely as an auditor, that employers will not be interested in supporting any job offer/LMIA. Maybe you need to look at a study permit followed by a PGWP to get Canadian work experience. Are you maxed out on your IELTS scores ?