+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada after CoPR and before PR card

nazanintb

Dec 26, 2020
Hello - I received my PR application approved letter and submitted photo and address in PR portal. I am inside Canada on work permit and a valid visitor visa in my passport. If I recieve my CoPR in the next few days, will I be able to leave Canada for a trip before I receive my PR card ?

Nishmaha

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hi,
I have visitor Visa and Open Work Permit,
And I recently got my eCoPR, and I will be flying out of canada and returning back in April,
So what happens at the immigration?
should I show my Work permit or eCoPR? They wont allow me without the PR card?

And in the Airlines I will be uploading the work permit for travel documentation.

Please let me know

aarohsingh

Nov 24, 2017
I'm exactly in the same situation as you. Received my PR confirmation email yesterday. I'm in Canada on a PGWP and a TRV but have plans to travel to India next week. I'm confused about whether to reply to that email or if I can wait till the first week of April 2023 and then reply to that email after coming back.

Nishmaha

Star Member
May 22, 2020
I'll probably just fly in, I cant imagine how they wont let us in when we have Work permit's and Visitor Visa's, just because I dont have a PR Card.
I'll probably take the risk.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello - I received my PR application approved letter and submitted photo and address in PR portal. I am inside Canada on work permit and a valid visitor visa in my passport. If I recieve my CoPR in the next few days, will I be able to leave Canada for a trip before I receive my PR card ?
I may be mistaken, but once you become a PR any existing visitor visa becomes invalid, but PLEASE wait for others to confirm or not.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landing-on-copr-and-use-old-visitor-visa-to-enter-again.598840/

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
If you receive your COPR then your Visa and WP becomes null and void. If you have a US visa, fly to US and then drive to the border you will be allowed in but if you do not have a US visa and are trying to board a flight to Canada you will not be allowed to board with COPR

Sher123can

Mar 11, 2023
Hi any advice In uploading photo!? Every time I check it tells me to upload a photo which I have done multiple times I am now getting and error file not uploaded but yet the photo gets uploaded.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'll probably just fly in, I cant imagine how they wont let us in when we have Work permit's and Visitor Visa's, just because I dont have a PR Card.
I'll probably take the risk.
You either need a valid PR card or a PRTD or you will be denied boarding on your return flight to Canada.

Reactions: Ponga