+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lawyer asked me for 7000$. Can some one please suggest.

srihari ram

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Done....
04-08-2016(Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Hi,
I have consulted lawyer and he told me that he can handle my situation, but asked me for 7000 CAD and thatto on first day itself i need to pay full amount.
I am eligible for PR under CEC and i have all required documents. But the problem is i dont have marriage certificate, i dont have any other required documents of my wife and kid. But they will attend medicals whenever it is required. He didnt explain me how he will handle this situation. but as per brief conversation i understood that he will list wife and kid as non accompanying dependents and he may prepare some letter explaining why i am not able to submit documents. But he said they have to attend medicals. other than that he doesn't require any documents. with out marriage certificate how CEC believe that she is my wife. i am not able to believe him.can some one please suggest me. i really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Srihari

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Normally you don't need a lawyer to apply for CEC and I do not know what the lawyer can do that you can't do yourself.

Listing your wife as not accompanying doesn't lift the need to prove that she is your wife and it also means you have to sponsor them later which will take extra time and you will still need the marriage certificate at some point.

Did you list her as your wife when you applied for your work permit? Why don't you have a marriage certificate? Can you get one? Surely some agency or government can issue a copy if you have lost it.

What do you mean you have no documents of your wife and child? Do they have the documents themselves? Your wife can have copies made and mail them to you.

In my opinion, it does not make much sense to list them as non-accompanying. I don't see how that would help. It would be better for you all to apply together and get PR at the same time. Have your wife fill out the forms she has to do for her background checks and the forms for your child. Have her send you the forms as well as all documents you need according to the document checklists, originals when required, otherwise copies. Then you fill out your part of the application and send all the forms in together in one package.

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
If i understand it correctly, you have a common-law partner and you have kids together. Am i right? Are you sure that you don't want them to join you here in Canada? $7000 is expensive! Why not try to research and if yo think you really cannot do it on your own then that's the time for you to consult a lawyer.

Do you have joint bank accounts with your partner? Do you send money to them and have records of those? How about the kids, did you sign as the father on their birth certificates? If yes, then try to apply and get those documents.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamelle said:
If i understand it correctly, you have a common-law partner and you have kids together. Am i right? Are you sure that you don't want them to join you here in Canada? $7000 is expensive! Why not try to research and if yo think you really cannot do it on your own then that's the time for you to consult a lawyer.

Do you have joint bank accounts with your partner? Do you send money to them and have records of those? How about the kids, did you sign as the father on their birth certificates? If yes, then try to apply and get those documents.
I paid 6k for lawyer rep. It really depends on the lawyer and what is being offered.

I have to ask the same question, why can't you get copies of these documents?

srihari ram

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Done....
04-08-2016(Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Hi,
I got married 6 years before and seperated since 3 years. We didn't apply for marriage certificate. She doesnt have passport. We have family problems. We are not divorsed. No legal documents says that we are seperated.when I applied for work permit I mentioned as married. I may get marriage certificate and other documents in next 6 months. Now there is no way to get any. When i filed tax returns i have mentioned as i am married.i can not hide family details in application.This is my situation.seems to be all the doors are closed :(.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srihari ram said:
Hi,
I got married 6 years before and seperated since 3 years. We didn't apply for marriage certificate. She doesnt have passport. We have family problems. We are not divorsed. No legal documents says that we are seperated.when I applied for work permit I mentioned as married. I may get marriage certificate and other documents in next 6 months. Now there is no way to get any. When i filed tax returns i have mentioned as i am married.i can not hide family details in application.This is my situation.seems to be all the doors are closed :(.
So why can you not get a marriage certificate now but you can get it in 6 months? If there is no way you can get one at all, I think you should still apply but include a statement explaining why you don't have one and why you can't obtain one. If you are able to get one within the next 6 months, I think you should hold off on your application until then. It is best when applying that you include everything you are supposed to if you possibly can. Only when there is no way to get something, try to apply without but send a letter to explain why these documents are missing and why you can't get them. If you apply with missing documents but without an explanation or with missing documents you plan to get later or could get later, you risk that they will send your application back as incomplete.

Does your wife and child want to join you in Canada? If not, there would not be much point in including them as accompanying as they would eventually lose their PR status anyway for not living in Canada. Including them as not accompanying and getting their medicals keeps the option open to sponsor them later. If you want to sponsor just your child, your wife would have to sign papers to allow it. If she refuses to allow it but your child is interested, you would have a window to get it done after your child turns 18 but before he or she turns 19.

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
srihari ram said:
Hi,
Which country are you from? If it possible than for fast declare on stamp paper that will ok

srihari ram

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Done....
04-08-2016(Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Hi,
I am from india. i didnt get you. can you please give me more details.

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
srihari ram said:
Hi,
I am from india. i didnt get you. can you please give me more details.
http://delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/doit/Delhi+Govt/Community/Marriage+Certificate+and+Registration#1