+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lawsuit to stop BILL C24 : Member Crimesinister

troll2

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
David_Parker said:
Don't fight guyzz!

IIt's just a matter of luck, if we are alive, we will complete that requirement as well.

My PR was delayed by 1.5 years just bcz of closer of Buffalo visa office.
Also I would eligible for Citizenship on July 6,2015.Now I have to wait till July, 2017

I am late by 3.5 year already without any reason.

We are just unlucky....... Old rules are changing when it's our turn, only the person who going through it can understand, nobody else can :(
Yes, I can feel you. You are very unlucky, 3.5 years and probably couple hours in Canada !!!
If I were you, I would be suing every body and that is including weather man. How could they hold you here for so long without reason ???

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Troll2,
For some the path to citizenship is like a race. Sooner past the finish line, better it is. A perspective!!

troll2 said:
Yes, I can feel you. You are very unlucky, 3.5 years and probably couple hours in Canada !!!
If I were you, I would be suing every body and that is including weather man. How could they hold you here for so long without reason ???

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianCountry said:
Troll2,
For some the path to citizenship is like a race. Sooner past the finish line, better it is. A perspective!!
I noticed that too. Some people are even upset ,because someone who have applied after them got his citizenship faster while they still waiting.

troll2

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
MUFC said:
I noticed that too. Some people are even upset ,because someone who have applied after them got his citizenship faster while they still waiting.
I don't want to be sarcastic again, but that is the group of the people I'm referring to. Three years before, now four ... Uh Oh, real PITA.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
troll2 said:
I don't want to be sarcastic again, but that is the group of the people I'm referring to. Three years before, now four ... Uh Oh, real PITA.
At the same time many of these people don't realize that the actual processing time become much faster and efficient exactly because of the new Law.

troll2

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
MUFC said:
At the same time many of these people don't realize that the actual processing time become much faster and efficient exactly because of the new Law.
That's truth, but in such a rush they had not enough time to figure this out . LOL.

alainski

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
Nomination.....
08-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-04-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 - Detroit
Med's Request
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
18-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
26-11-2011 - Emerson, MB
whatever happened to this???? lol. :p

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
alainski said:
"It's dead, Jim..."

crimesinister

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
alainski said:
I'm sorry for not keeping you folks up to date. I have discussed this matter extensively with the opposition parties. NDP, Liberals and Greens have all agreed to repeal the odious provisions of the act. As those provisions are the ones I was planning to challenge, I think my energies are better spend ridding Canada of the rancid Conservative regime at the October election than mounting a lawsuit against the act.

However, if the Canadian electorate decide to sell their votes for a one time payment of a grand per child to a corrupt and dictatorial regime that is running the Canadian economy to the ground, I will re-start this project.

crimesinister

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
neutral said:
So, the short answer is: The Lawsuit to stop Bill C24 is in zero ;D
We also don't want the Conservatives to use the lawsuit to rouse anti-immigrant sentiments and energize their base. Rabid racists generally tend to support conservatives, and their stance towards immigration in Canada is "f*** off we're full". Bill C-24 is mostly an attempt by the Conservatives to pander to that segment of the electorate. Minister Chris Alexander showed his true colours by implying that anyone wearing a niqab a terrorist.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crimesinister said:
We also don't want the Conservatives to use the lawsuit to rouse anti-immigrant sentiments and energize their base. Rabid racists generally tend to support conservatives, and their stance towards immigration in Canada is "f*** off we're full". Bill C-24 is mostly an attempt by the Conservatives to pander to that segment of the electorate. Minister Chris Alexander showed his true colours by implying that anyone wearing a niqab a terrorist.
You keep just talking and talking about politics.

We give a s*%%^# if you don't like Conservatives.

This thread is about a supposed lawsuit against the Bill C24 not a lawsuit against Conservative ideology.

crimesinister

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
neutral said:
You keep just talking and talking about politics.
Bill C-24 is a purely political gesture.

neutral said:
We give a s*%%^# if you don't like Conservatives.
Great!

neutral said:
This thread is about a supposed lawsuit against the Bill C24 not a lawsuit against Conservative ideology.
When I first mentioned the proposed lawsuit, some people here got very angry and started making ad hominem attacks against me, borne out of their racist narrow-mindedness. This is precisely the reaction I would get on a larger scale were I to go ahead with the lawsuit. Bills C-24 and C-51 epitomize the Conservative ideology: if you're race or religion is different to the majority, you're a terrorist. If you object to stop the government snooping on you, you're a terrorist.

Bill C-24 is all about Conservative ideology. Fighting this act is a two prong battle. One battleground will be the courts of law. The other, will be the courts of public opinion, where we have to diffuse the hateful vitriol being spewed forth by the racists.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
crimesinister said:
When I first mentioned the proposed lawsuit, some people here got very angry and started making ad hominem attacks against me, borne out of their racist narrow-mindedness. This is precisely the reaction I would get on a larger scale were I to go ahead with the lawsuit. Bills C-24 and C-51 epitomize the Conservative ideology: if you're race or religion is different to the majority, you're a terrorist. If you object to stop the government snooping on you, you're a terrorist.
There are not so many Canadians steeped in racism or hatred as you accuse, and frankly it is the tone and insinuation of your accusations which seem more in the vein of blatant bias.

And when you first mentioned the proposed lawsuit there were many legitimate criticisms regarding its supposed merits, including well founded explanations as to what was erroneous in the claims being made.

There are serious legal issues with a few provisions in the SCCA, which will no doubt be addressed by the courts in due course. Generally however the majority of the legislation will withstand legal challenges (and technically the entirety of it has already been ruled valid by two separate Federal Court Justices). Most of what you initially challenged was either unfounded or more about whether the legislation is good or bad, whether it should be law or not . . . whether it should be law or not, remember, is NOT a legal question. Parliament is free to enact bad law so long as it does not constitute an unjustified breach of the Constitution or Charter of Rights.

This is why some here have criticized your challenges as being political, not legal. Nothing to do with hatred or racism.

It also warrants remembering that many of the provisions in the SCCA were very much needed, especially clarification of the requirements for the grant of citizenship (naturalized citizenship). These provisions, by the way, are almost certainly valid in their entirety, even if they will naturally be subject to various judicial challenges regarding their precise interpretation and application, which is standard when there are significant changes to law of this sort. Moreover, there is very little, if any likelihood, that either the NDP or the Liberals, if given the opportunity to form the government after the October election, will undertake any amendment of the provisions prescribing the requirements for the grant of citizenship. Any claim to the contrary, including any claim that either of these parties have committed to changing these provisions, is malarkey.

There are some specific provisions, such as some procedural provisions in particular, which are indeed troublesome and disconcerting. It would be good if the next government would undertake the effort to modify these provisions to be more fair and transparent, and perhaps this is something the NDP or Liberals might do if they form the government . . . but at this stage there is no commitment by any of the parties to do this.

Major changes to the provisions implemented in the SCCA are not at all in the forecast no matter how the election turns out.

All that said: I applaud any and all legitimate and reasonable efforts to do what can be done to elect any government other than a Conservative one. Time for some serious change.