20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
alphazip said:
There is much misinformation in your post, but I think it would be pointless to explain why. You are a Republican (in U.S. terms...a Conservative here) and Republicans hate Obama and Obamacare, even if that healthcare program was originally a Republican idea (via the Heritage Foundation). Unlike many others here, I grew up in the USA and know that things were not just fine without Obamacare. My neigbour, for example, a man in his early 20s with a low-paying job, injured himself and was taken to hospital. He stayed there a couple days and was presented with a bill of over $10,000. He had no insurance, so the bill was turned over to a collection agency. This is the free enterprise system of healthcare that Republicans are quite happy to keep in place.
You seems to think only Republicans hate Obama. He is not well liked even among the Democrats either. That tells a big story there, doesn't it.

Not a big fan of how medical system works in US either. You basically need a job that offer medical insurance. Out of a job? You're screwed.

Why is that your neighbour doesn't have insurance? Can't afford it? I thought if you can't afford it, you can get medicaid. You mentioned about the 8% affordability mark. If he had insurance, he wouldn't have to pay the 10 grand. His insurance would have said to hospital, it is not worth 10 grand, it worth this much. And he would have probably paid 10-20% of the actual medical cost. Not the bloated medical cost.

I worked in US for 5 years. If I didn't have medical coverage, my child born in US would cost me 50 grand. But my insurance said no, the medical cost actually cost 20G and I paid 2G for it (10%) of actual cost.

Those without insurance are the ones at the mercy of the medical system.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them on purposely didn't bother buying insurance. It's cheaper for them. Save them money. Oh no, I broke my arm, got a 10G bill from hospital. Poor me, I got billed 10G because I didn't bother buying insurance to save myself the money. Now it cost me more than what I have saved in not buying insurance.

When my wife was here in Canada, I took a risk of not bothering buying medical insurance for her. Sure, it saves me a ton of money. But is it really worth it? That is a gamble people have to make and live with the consequences. So your neighbour took a gamble in not bothering buying insurance since he has a job.

Nick_87

Jun 23, 2015
We are with you. Meanwhile support this pagE / cause

m.facebook .com/NewCIC.RuleOpponent

youtu.be /BfXo-e8RfGk

Nick_87

Jun 23, 2015
ngag said:
We did not know these rules in advance. We planned our lives, careers and finances based on a definite timeline, after which we are free to make our living in better job-providing countries. It is no secret that the Canadian economy is slowing down and there are almost are no jobs in many fields that cost us fortunes to earn our degrees in. It is against any constitution to keep us imprisoned in our countries (where ever we come from) while we can have better jobs abroad. After I got my PR, I planned for a 2-year period of my life wasted in part-time low-paying jobs in order to be a citizen, fair enough after 8-years staying in Canada. I cannot be SURPRISED by new laws forcing me to waste another 2 years. I'll be more beneficial to the Canadian economy working abroad and contributing to the economy by paying taxes from where ever I live.
Sorry I had to break down it because it is not supported

support the page/ cause

m.facebook. com/NewCIC.RuleOpponent

youtu.be /BfXo-e8RfGk

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nick_87 said:

support the page/ cause

youtu.be /BfXo-e8RfGk
This facebook style of supporting is really funny and pathetic.

Nick_87

Jun 23, 2015
Adnan34 said:
Hello CanV,

Please be polite and answer with logic. You are free to support any side.
Sorry I had to break it down because it is not supported

support the page/ cause and share as much as possible

youtu.be /BfXo-e8RfGk

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
alphazip said:
There is much misinformation in your post, but I think it would be pointless to explain why. You are a Republican (in U.S. terms...a Conservative here) and Republicans hate Obama and Obamacare, even if that healthcare program was originally a Republican idea (via the Heritage Foundation). Unlike many others here, I grew up in the USA and know that things were not just fine without Obamacare. My neigbour, for example, a man in his early 20s with a low-paying job, injured himself and was taken to hospital. He stayed there a couple days and was presented with a bill of over $10,000. He had no insurance, so the bill was turned over to a collection agency. This is the free enterprise system of healthcare that Republicans are quite happy to keep in place.
Most expat Americans, regardless of political affiliation, are frustrated with Obamacare. Why? Because it is another pain in the ass to worry about in regards to taxation and potential fines for something that Americans abroad will not benefit from anyway. It's really more of the implementation of Obamacare, not the concept really. Anyway, I have disgust for both political parties in the US but I do support Rand Paul because he's the only one who seems to think things like FATCA and taxation of citizens abroad is horrible government overreach

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nick_87 said:
Do you like twitter??? :p
My favorite thing is the like and dislike buttons (Ratings and so on.. BullS*it) . If twitter has those yes I would like it.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
keesio said:
Most expat Americans, regardless of political affiliation, are frustrated with Obamacare. Why? Because it is another pain in the ass to worry about in regards to taxation and potential fines for something that Americans abroad will not benefit from anyway. It's really more of the implementation of Obamacare, not the concept really. Anyway, I have disgust for both political parties in the US but I do support Rand Paul because he's the only one who seems to think things like FATCA and taxation of citizens abroad is horrible government overreach
So it is just a "coincidence" that the rate of American renunciation skyrocketed after Obamacare came into play. And it is just a "coincidence" that Obama blackmailed other countries into FATCA rules and it is just a "coincidence" that Obama increased the renunciation fee by fourfold. In detective work, there is no such thing as coincidences.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
screech339 said:
So it is just a "coincidence" that the rate of American renunciation skyrocketed after Obamacare came into play. And it is just a "coincidence" that Obama blackmailed other countries into FATCA rules and it is just a "coincidence" that Obama increased the renunciation fee by fourfold. In detective work, there is no such thing as coincidences.
the renunciations were mostly because of FATCA than Obamacare. Many expats didn't bother to be tax compliant and FATCA made flying under the radar more risky. The other issue is that foreign banks were becoming less welcoming to US clients. being FATCA compliant costs them money and small banks would rather not bother and decided to tell their American clients to f-off.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigudi said:
Please, you can disagree at will with him. But make us all a favor and don't vote for Harper. You are just making yourself an ignorant. Don't punish an entire country under draconian backwards government just because you are pissed off. If this government continues for a little longer Canadians will be learning creationism at school soon enough. Too bad you can vote and I can't... yet.
So you call ignorant all people who vote for Harper. What a pity you live in a country where at least 35% are ignorant.... mister genious.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nick_87 said:

support the page/ cause

youtu.be /BfXo-e8RfGk
I wonder where were you one year ago.... a bit late....

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
You seems to think only Republicans hate Obama. He is not well liked even among the Democrats either. That tells a big story there, doesn't it.

Not a big fan of how medical system works in US either. You basically need a job that offer medical insurance. Out of a job? You're screwed.

Why is that your neighbour doesn't have insurance? Can't afford it? I thought if you can't afford it, you can get medicaid. You mentioned about the 8% affordability mark. If he had insurance, he wouldn't have to pay the 10 grand. His insurance would have said to hospital, it is not worth 10 grand, it worth this much. And he would have probably paid 10-20% of the actual medical cost. Not the bloated medical cost.

I worked in US for 5 years. If I didn't have medical coverage, my child born in US would cost me 50 grand. But my insurance said no, the medical cost actually cost 20G and I paid 2G for it (10%) of actual cost.

Those without insurance are the ones at the mercy of the medical system.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them on purposely didn't bother buying insurance. It's cheaper for them. Save them money. Oh no, I broke my arm, got a 10G bill from hospital. Poor me, I got billed 10G because I didn't bother buying insurance to save myself the money. Now it cost me more than what I have saved in not buying insurance.

When my wife was here in Canada, I took a risk of not bothering buying medical insurance for her. Sure, it saves me a ton of money. But is it really worth it? That is a gamble people have to make and live with the consequences. So your neighbour took a gamble in not bothering buying insurance since he has a job.
You are confusing the situation before Obamacare and after. The neighbour I mentioned was from over 10 yrears ago when I lived in the USA. Why did he not have insurance? He probably couldn't afford it. He would not have qualified for Medicaid, because his income would have been too high. Obamacare expanded Medicaid to include many more people, but Republican governors and legislatures turned federal money down on principle...the principle being that they love unfettered capitalism, where everyone fends for themselves. Because, of that, millions of people who would have been covered, aren't.

The truth of the matter is that a sizable portion of the population would not like Obama, no matter what, on racial grounds. Republicans would not like him because they don't like Democrats. That's just the way things work. I myself am disappointed with Obama, not for the reasons you mentioned, but rather because instead of carrying out a pure Democratic agenda, he constantly tries to compromise with Republicans, which is a total waste of time.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
What would renunciations have to do with Obamacare? Your detective work must not have revealed that any U.S. citizen living abroad gets an automatic exemption from Obamacare.