+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Latest Travel Restrictions 10/July/2020 : To finalize your permanent residence application but not settle here yet

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Did you let them know with a webform that you are coming?
Man, i raised the webform and wrote my complete story on 12th July, after 4 days they responded in very general and referred me to the websites and link's, i clearly asked them that i will be landing temporarily but i will be having some kind of work as getting PR cards, open bank account, apply for SIN, and may be search for job, my message was very clear but unfortunately i received a very general answer, so i said that's it, better to leave. I got confidence as other people in group flying and at border no body is asking if you are coming as temp. or permanent.

Reactions: zombiebombay

Vivek1717

Jun 24, 2020
Man, i raised the webform and wrote my complete story on 12th July, after 4 days they responded in very general and referred me to the websites and link's, i clearly asked them that i will be landing temporarily but i will be having some kind of work as getting PR cards, open bank account, apply for SIN, and may be search for job, my message was very clear but unfortunately i received a very general answer, so i said that's it, better to leave. I got confidence as other people in group flying and at border no body is asking if you are coming as temp. or permanent.
That's a ballsy move mate! I was waiting to hear from someone who went after 10th July. My copr is expiring on 29th. I'll probably raise a webform tomorrow and let them know I'll be traveling.

JishaManoj

Jun 12, 2019
Hello

I am in the same situation as all of you. CoPR expires August 8. I live in Western Europe. Was planning a soft landing this month. Rainchecked it to next month. I've booked return tickets. But with the latest developments and the July 10 update I will probably cancel my softlanding plans and I've already raised an "unable to travel" webform.

I called CBSA and IRCC on July 7.

CBSA explicitely mentioned that soft landings are not permitted at this time. They told me to ask a CoPR extension.

I didn't mention softlanding plans to IRCC but asked them to confirm if they would give me an extension. They refused to answer and told me to send a webform ezplaining my circumstances.
Hi, I just read this thread on soft landing. I too called CBSA couple of days ago and they said as long as the country one is traveling to is accepting there is no issue. Strange that they are giving two versions about returning.

zombiebombay

Jul 22, 2020
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
18-09-2019
AOR Received.
06-10-2019
Passport Req..
04-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2020
Yes. On various Facebook Groups also this same question is popping up. I think only US COPR holders who do the border crossing thing are allowed. For many COPR holders from India - esp. those who landed on or after 10th July via Vande Bharat AI flights - it remains to be seen what questions they were asked, how serious the checking is done, and whether they had already booked their return flight tickets or not. Ask Kubeir, Moving2Canada, YMCA NSC and other groups I am checking. If it turns out that nothing serious is being asked for or checked, then the guideline could very well be a scare tactic, without any serious present or future repercussions. Minimum trip has to be 3 weeks as 2 weeks will go in Q, and the last week you have to get your SIN and Bank Account - which are absolutely essential before you land a job or join a Bridging Program. So any short stay has to be 3 - 4 weeks i.e. a month long. Now if Border Security objects to this - then we are doomed. Looking actively for such experiences; but legally deportation can't be allowed I think.

My dilemma now is whether to cancel the AirBNB booking and ditch the plan, or wait till last minute for positive stories of people going and coming back.

PC
--this comment of mine was also posted in another thread---
--I am active on FB groups as well--

Reactions: AmyRao

zombiebombay

Jul 22, 2020
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
18-09-2019
AOR Received.
06-10-2019
Passport Req..
04-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2020
@FJK1982 What about return? No one has returned from a soft landing right? I know a person who right now who is in Toronto, and landed on 10th July itself, and has gone with very intention of soft landing, and he didn't even book return tickets from India for fear of being 'seen on the system' when PP is flashed (he plans to book it sitting there on AI app). So if anybody has completed the full journey - then do let us know ASAP.

Reactions: AmyRao

zombiebombay

Jul 22, 2020
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
18-09-2019
AOR Received.
06-10-2019
Passport Req..
04-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2020
One more thing to note is if one is going there for only one month then following things need to be considered esp. for Toronto and July month.
1. PR card is taking a looong time, and there are recent (verified??) reports of PR Cards stopped from being air-mailed/couriered overseas. So you either have to rely on a physical carrier or apply for a PRTD. And last year's soft landers in India for example, are waiting for weeks if not months for their PRTD as VFS, VAC etc. are all closed. If the same situation continues then just money will be wasted without either PR Card or PRTD in the next few months.
2. SIN also is having issue. If you apply online there are numerous cases of Address Proof of AirBNB being rejected. Another option is going directly to the Service Canada office in town, but I am not sure they are entertaining all requests. Plus there's 2 week delay in getting the post/mail.

So it could happen that in the 4 weeks you stayed, you neither have PR Card nor have SIN and you don't know what to do.

Esp. for India - the return journey is fraught with risk. 7 days Quarantine in New Delhi followed by at the town or city where you reside.
And booking return tickets has to be done thru Air India Website only for Canada --> India, after the Code generation (1st link).
Even getting a direct DEL-YYZ flight is next to impossible. You have to resort to via LHR route or via Doha route.

So if all this costly exercise is done and nothing concrete obtained, plus our 5 year 'clock' also is started - then frankly what's the use?
Most soft landers return many months after their first trip to sort out unfinished personal or professional affairs. If those themselves are not sorted out, then the next cohort of soft landers like us, could also be in same soup as those who did it before Lockdowns.

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
That's a ballsy move mate! I was waiting to hear from someone who went after 10th July. My copr is expiring on 29th. I'll probably raise a webform tomorrow and let them know I'll be traveling.
Ok, and keep us posted, i know every individual situation differs, but i am making my move on 2nd Aug,

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Yes. On various Facebook Groups also this same question is popping up. I think only US COPR holders who do the border crossing thing are allowed. For many COPR holders from India - esp. those who landed on or after 10th July via Vande Bharat AI flights - it remains to be seen what questions they were asked, how serious the checking is done, and whether they had already booked their return flight tickets or not. Ask Kubeir, Moving2Canada, YMCA NSC and other groups I am checking. If it turns out that nothing serious is being asked for or checked, then the guideline could very well be a scare tactic, without any serious present or future repercussions. Minimum trip has to be 3 weeks as 2 weeks will go in Q, and the last week you have to get your SIN and Bank Account - which are absolutely essential before you land a job or join a Bridging Program. So any short stay has to be 3 - 4 weeks i.e. a month long. Now if Border Security objects to this - then we are doomed. Looking actively for such experiences; but legally deportation can't be allowed I think.

My dilemma now is whether to cancel the AirBNB booking and ditch the plan, or wait till last minute for positive stories of people going and coming back.

PC
--this comment of mine was also posted in another thread---
--I am active on FB groups as well--
Hi, i am also in whatsapp groups and checking the news, there are many people who flew, some of them permanently and some temporary and they said nothing has been asked so far about soft or permanenet landing, they dont even bother, the last family who went was on 19th july and she confirmed to me nothing to worry as they are not asking anything.

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Just now received a message from one of my group folks that he asked the extension on CoPR and IRCC replied back to hi with a long list of documentation he needs to provide such as lease agreement, job offer, or any job search if he is actively seeking to work, this is the first case i am seeing IRCC replying with these much details, so means even if you will ask for extension there is a high chance or probability that they will ask you dozens of documents to proof that if you are landing in Canada permanently or not,

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
One more thing to note is if one is going there for only one month then following things need to be considered esp. for Toronto and July month.
1. PR card is taking a looong time, and there are recent (verified??) reports of PR Cards stopped from being air-mailed/couriered overseas. So you either have to rely on a physical carrier or apply for a PRTD. And last year's soft landers in India for example, are waiting for weeks if not months for their PRTD as VFS, VAC etc. are all closed. If the same situation continues then just money will be wasted without either PR Card or PRTD in the next few months.
2. SIN also is having issue. If you apply online there are numerous cases of Address Proof of AirBNB being rejected. Another option is going directly to the Service Canada office in town, but I am not sure they are entertaining all requests. Plus there's 2 week delay in getting the post/mail.

So it could happen that in the 4 weeks you stayed, you neither have PR Card nor have SIN and you don't know what to do.

Esp. for India - the return journey is fraught with risk. 7 days Quarantine in New Delhi followed by at the town or city where you reside.
And booking return tickets has to be done thru Air India Website only for Canada --> India, after the Code generation (1st link).
Even getting a direct DEL-YYZ flight is next to impossible. You have to resort to via LHR route or via Doha route.

So if all this costly exercise is done and nothing concrete obtained, plus our 5 year 'clock' also is started - then frankly what's the use?
Most soft landers return many months after their first trip to sort out unfinished personal or professional affairs. If those themselves are not sorted out, then the next cohort of soft landers like us, could also be in same soup as those who did it before Lockdowns.
I would add that a soft landing which with quarantine would involve a min 15 days in Canada there is always a risk of either the first COVID wave in any country getting worse or even a second wave resulting in a complete lockdown and cancelled flights even through transit cities such a London let alone home country, then what would plan B be ?

So apart the PR card and SIN challenges something to keep in mind that unless coming permanently maybe do not travel unless absolutely necessary, which is basically the message in the guidelines.

The challenge though as posters have indicated even in the time taken to write this is that guidelines are changing all the time even whether IRCC will issue an extension or not should someone not be convincing about the reasons for delaying travel /permanent settlement.

GKCanada1

Jul 15, 2020
If you are going to Canada, permanent or soft, make sure you have your Quarantine plan ready. It needs to be verified with actual proof. That means AirBnB receipt or for that matter, if you staying with someone, make sure you have the writing you a letter telling you that they will be hosting you for 15 or more days.

Once you are in the country, you are in, they can't stop you from going back.

But if you are coming in for few weeks, make sure you have plans to have your PR card sent someplace, otherwise, you will not get your PRTD in time and will be loads of trouble.

Reactions: Adam261

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
If you are going to Canada, permanent or soft, make sure you have your Quarantine plan ready. It needs to be verified with actual proof. That means AirBnB receipt or for that matter, if you staying with someone, make sure you have the writing you a letter telling you that they will be hosting you for 15 or more days.

Once you are in the country, you are in, they can't stop you from going back.

But if you are coming in for few weeks, make sure you have plans to have your PR card sent someplace, otherwise, you will not get your PRTD in time and will be loads of trouble.
Yeah ,,,that's very much ready and approved by my destination health authority, they sent me an email, in terms of coming back.. i will come back and not thinking to relocate at least for another 1 year,,,,hope things will get improve by than...