+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Latest Travel Restrictions 10/July/2020 : To finalize your permanent residence application but not settle here yet

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Hi Guys, one more family travelled today and she confirmed me that nothing has been asked about permanent or soft landing, just fyi.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi Guys, one more family travelled today and she confirmed me that nothing has been asked about permanent or soft landing, just fyi.
Glad it worked for your family member but of course what may have worked for one doesn't of course mean will be same for everyone. This is how immigration/customs keep everyone on edge by not being consistent so that there is always an element of doubt in a travellers mind, will they ask wont they ask.

With CBSA the advice is to only answer questions asked honestly/directly and not to volunteer extra information, easily done if someone starts trying to have a conversation.

If nobody asks about soft or permanent then all good no need to volunteer anything

zombiebombay

Jul 22, 2020
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
18-09-2019
AOR Received.
06-10-2019
Passport Req..
04-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2020
What if when any one tries to return, and they don't have PR card in hand (which they won't have), the CBSA officer questions them for it, or red-flags it down somewhere? That is also another issue right. A person who has gone and come back can only tell about this aspect. Departure from a country within a set period of arrival is the proof that you have not settled esp. when you never cared for your PR Card to arrive. I think this could be the deal breaker.

Reactions: AmyRao

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What if when any one tries to return, and they don't have PR card in hand (which they won't have), the CBSA officer questions them for it, or red-flags it down somewhere? That is also another issue right. A person who has gone and come back can only tell about this aspect. Departure from a country within a set period of arrival is the proof that you have not settled esp. when you never cared for your PR Card to arrive. I think this could be the deal breaker.
If you are flying to Canada directly, you need either a valid PR card or a valid PR Travel Document in order to board the airplane.

zombiebombay

Jul 22, 2020
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
18-09-2019
AOR Received.
06-10-2019
Passport Req..
04-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2020
If you are flying to Canada directly, you need either a valid PR card or a valid PR Travel Document in order to board the airplane.
Yes, I know that. I am worried about leaving the country after a short stay, especially when the Govt. told not to.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved
"...
  • to finalize your permanent residence application but not settle here yet

These are not valid reasons to come to Canada right now."

Reactions: AmyRao

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Yes, I know that. I am worried about leaving the country after a short stay, especially when the Govt. told not to.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved
"...
  • to finalize your permanent residence application but not settle here yet

These are not valid reasons to come to Canada right now."
What i believe this is for those who are getting extension's and again want to do the soft landing.. as i have a very much live scenario in my group where guy asked for extension and IRCC is reverting back to him and asking plan's to provide and satisfy IRCC that he is coming for permanent landing, if you want i can share that msg to you, msg me in private your number and i will send it thourgh whatss app. that the recent case around 4 days back

rio3333

Aug 14, 2019
There have been a handful of cases where people have been able to travel without questions about settlement plans. Border agents are asking a lot more about quarantine plans (rightly so).

I am planning to fly from US to Toronto in first week of August, couple of days before CoPR expires. What can be used as a proof to show intent to settle?

I have been applying to jobs and looking to book virtual tours of some apartments during quarantine.

But again, what stops me from booking a ticket and traveling outside Canada after quarantine? These are uncertain times and people might have to travel to see their family and such.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Adam261

Vivek1717

Jun 24, 2020
Ok, and keep us posted, i know every individual situation differs, but i am making my move on 2nd Aug,
I have raised an webform yesterdaysaying that I am ready to travel and mentioned I'll be looking for employment once I am there.
I am planning to travel early next week as my copr expires on 29th , can I travel even if I don't get a reply to the webform from them?

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
There have been a handful of cases where people have been able to travel without questions about settlement plans. Border agents are asking a lot more about quarantine plans (rightly so).

I am planning to fly from US to Toronto in first week of August, couple of days before CoPR expires. What can be used as a proof to show intent to settle?

I have been applying to jobs and looking to book virtual tours of some apartments during quarantine.

But again, what stops me from booking a ticket and traveling outside Canada after quarantine? These are uncertain times and people might have to travel to see their family and such.

Thoughts?
Hi,

You absolutely correct, man there are dozens of reason for the people who wants to fly back, like as you said, to see the family, may be any emergency, parents sick , siblings are not well, someone in grave situation, God forbid someone died, may be i have a business in several countries i want to go there, i owned property, i have a job offer outside canada, and list goes on...

See, i am in a whats app group of around 130 people, and discussed more than 7 or 8 people who few recently like 1 week or 2 weeks back, they clearly mentioned to me that they are not asking anything relates to permanent or temporary landing, they just don't care, and frankly speaking this have to be done from the country you are departing correct, like the recent law says that no one can board the flight whose CoPR has been issued after 18th Mar, so airlines around the world know the regulations and they will not allow you onboard, similarly they have said that you should not do temp. landing but they haven't forced it.

People are coming back flying in and out, so for me personally i dont think there will be an issue as you are not doing anything illegal.

And the question you asked about a proof to show intent to settle, i have a reply from them for one of my whats app group guy, whose CoPR expired and he informed that he is "Ready to Travel" and they sent him a long list of documents to show canada they he is coming permanently after the extension and not temp. just msg me in pvt i will send you the screen shot how it looks like so you have better clarity around it.

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
I have raised an webform yesterdaysaying that I am ready to travel and mentioned I'll be looking for employment once I am there.
I am planning to travel early next week as my copr expires on 29th , can I travel even if I don't get a reply to the webform from them?
Hi dear, i also raised it couple of days back and they just sent me very generic email to follow the weblinks and all the stuff, no concrete answer "Yes" or "No", you can travel as IRCC & CBSA is 2 different platforms,

Even i sent an email and they replied very generic and i am flying as well.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So anyone considering soft landing or demonstrating to CBSA not a soft landing read post #123 in following link. The main point being in this case CBSA would not accept a friend or relatives address for a PR card application so to come back would need a PRTD which can take time to process.

Obviously every case is different and to a degree CBSA can be deliberately inconsistent to keep people guessing and sure there is nothing really to stop someone staying couple days , breaking quarantine and flying out. Although having said that if picked upon for a random quarantine check the outcome could be unpredictable if not contactable at the quarantine address given at POE

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/traveling-flights-to-canada-from-india-during-covid-19.695056/page-9#post-8741530

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
So anyone considering soft landing or demonstrating to CBSA not a soft landing read post #123 in following link. The main point being in this case CBSA would not accept a friend or relatives address for a PR card application so to come back would need a PRTD which can take time to process.

Obviously every case is different and to a degree CBSA can be deliberately inconsistent to keep people guessing and sure there is nothing really to stop someone staying couple days , breaking quarantine and flying out. Although having said that if picked upon for a random quarantine check the outcome could be unpredictable if not contactable at the quarantine address given at POE

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/traveling-flights-to-canada-from-india-during-covid-19.695056/page-9#post-874153
Thanks for sharing this, frankly speaking this is the first case i have seen, i know one guy landed today morning in Toronto and nothing has been asked.

Tweetbird

Jun 14, 2019
Thanks for sharing this, frankly speaking this is the first case i have seen, i know one guy landed today morning in Toronto and nothing has been asked.
Was this guy able to give his friend/relative's address for PR card delivery?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
If your COPR was issued before Mar 18 then you are good to go. You don't need further authorization from IRCC or CBSA as long as your COPR is still valid. Make sure you have your quarantine plan to give to the airline, they won't let you travel otherwise.