+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Test Required for Provincial Nominee Program after getting PNP from BC?

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
It is. Here is the one with more detailed. https://freeimage.host/i/HUxh8an
Interesting, It was not like that when I submitted mine. They changed the website layout and everything. But the checklist still says it does not require including the website (canada.ca) so, its your choice, if you want to take the test and upload or do you want to write a letter of explanation stating whats written in the checklist, for your reason on not providing it. If I was in your situation, I would just take the test and submit it. And non EE is a long waiting process so who knows in the future if you go through EE, you might use the same results. That is one of the reasons I took mine.

May 10, 2023
Interesting, It was not like that when I submitted mine. They changed the website layout and everything. But the checklist still says it does not require including the website (canada.ca) so, its your choice, if you want to take the test and upload or do you want to write a letter of explanation stating whats written in the checklist, for your reason on not providing it. If I was in your situation, I would just take the test and submit it. And non EE is a long waiting process so who knows in the future if you go through EE, you might use the same results. That is one of the reasons I took mine.
To clarify, is your application under the PNP non-express entry, Econimic program and PNP category? May I ask when you submitted the application? About the letter of explanation, should I upload as a proof of language proficiency? About the language test, what is the minimum requirement?

Edit: Did the check-link form state the same thing about "proof of language effeciency" at the time you was filing the application?

Last edited:
May 10, 2023
Also, let me know what happens to the greyed out button at the bottom saying 'Submit Your Application'. Does it allow you to submit without language test results?
As far as I can tell, the button is being greyed out as there are required documents and forms left empty in my application. Will see if it'll allow me to submit without language test results. I guess it won't as it is a required input.

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
To clarify, is your application under the PNP non-express entry, Econimic program and PNP category? May I ask when you submitted the application? About the letter of explanation, should I upload as a proof of language proficiency?
Yeah my application is under BCPNP International Post Graduate Stream (Economic). I submitted my application to IRCC through online PR portal on October 8th, 2022. I got an email on Jan 18 2023, to link my application to GCKey. In the GCKey account, there was additional documents request letter which requested three documents (details in my signature). They acknowledged the receipt of my application (AOR) on Jan 24th 2023.

My first and highly recommended suggestion would be to just take the test since the checklist information might just be outdated. And who knows they might be updating the requirements for language test from everybody. But, if you are choosing LOE, include that in both fields as a proof (since it wont allow you to submit.. ) and also as an additional supporting documents.

My guess is that the website got updated and they wrongfully put the *required for the language test.

Last edited:
May 10, 2023
Yeah my application is under BCPNP International Post Graduate Stream (Economic). I submitted my application to IRCC through online PR portal on October 8th, 2022. I got an email on Jan 18 2023, to link my application to GCKey. In the GCKey account, there was additional documents request letter which requested three documents (details in my signature). They acknowledged the receipt of my application (AOR) on Jan 24th 2023.

My first and highly recommended suggestion would be to just take the test since the checklist information might just be outdated. And who knows they might be updating the requirements for language test from everybody. But, if you are choosing LOE, include that in both fields as a proof (since it wont allow you to submit.. ) and also as an additional supporting documents.

My guess is that the website got updated and they wrongfully put the *required for the language test.
Right, I also think that they wrongfully put the * required for the language test.

Btw: At the time when you were filing your application, did the check-list form state the same thing about "proof of language effeciency" as mine?

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
Right, I also think that they wrongfully put the * required for the language test.

Btw: At the time when you were filing your application, did the check-list form state the same thing about "proof of language effeciency" as mine?
Yes the checklist was same.

May 10, 2023
No problem. What are you going to do though? take the test?
Right. Taking the test is a safe way to go. May I ask the minimum requirement of language test for the stream?

Note: The reason I chose to apply the PNP non-EE was that language test is not required I thought :(.

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
Right. Taking the test is a safe way to go. May I ask the minimum requirement of language test for the stream?

Note: The reason I chose to apply the PNP non-EE was that language test is not required I thought :(.
I don't know exactly how much, because checklist says its not even required for TEER 1. But I would say: prepare well, and score as much as you can. CLB 4 is just a minimum for TEER 2 and above, so the minimum for you should be higher. Good Luck.

MTCS

Aug 11, 2023
The stream I am applying is PR Provincial Nominee Program Non-Express Entry online under Economic program and PNP category (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process.html). It does not require a job offer. In a check list form regarding the application, it says

I understand that language test result is required for TEER 4 and 5. However, proof of language efficiency is one of the required documents in the application. My occupation is under TEER 1. Not sure how to deal with that.
Did you submit your document without proof of language efficiency. The same problem with me. What I do?