+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Test Required for Provincial Nominee Program after getting PNP from BC?

tttanh.98

Oct 5, 2022
Congratulations! Matt173, please continue posting your progress. I applied for BC PNP on January 27th, I'm still waiting
Hi there can you give me some updates about your case? I applied Sep 24th 2022. I saw people who applied around the same time as me receiving nominations already and I'm a bit worried. Thanks.

ColdPizza21

Feb 8, 2022
Category........
PNP
Hi there can you give me some updates about your case? I applied Sep 24th 2022. I saw people who applied around the same time as me receiving nominations already and I'm a bit worried. Thanks.
Hi! Yes, I applied at the end of Jan 2022... two months later I received a request for additional information which I had to submit within a 15-day deadline. I submitted the documents in the morning about 5 days after receiving the request and a decision was made on my PNP application within hours on the same day. I got an IRCC notification that day and accepted the PNP nomination.

The 2-month wait was the hardest part, but once the officers start reviewing your application, it seems like they are able to reach a decision fairly quickly.

Reactions: Miracle2018
May 10, 2023
Congrats man !!! So, no language test??
I am in the process of applying PR Provincial Nominee Program after getting PNP skilled worker from BC. I've created an application under Economic program and PNP category; however, proof of language proficiency is one of the required documents of the application. I am wondering if it is really optional for TEER 1, 2 and 3. If so, how should I do with the required document?

Last edited:

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
I am in the process of applying PR Provincial Nominee Program after getting PNP skilled worker from BC. I've created an application under Economic program and PNP category; however, proof of language proficiency is one of the required documents of the application. I am wondering if it is really optional for TEER 1, 2 and 3. If so, how should I do with the required document?
What stream are you applying under? Does it require a job offer? If it does not require a job offer then you do not need Language Proficiency Test Results. And if it requires a job offer then what NOC TEER job offer do you have? If it falls under NOC TEER 0 and 1 then you do not need Language Proficiency Test unless you are claiming points for language. And if it falls under NOC TEER 2, 3, 4 or 5, then you must demonstrate English or French language proficiency at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 in each of the four competencies: listening, speaking, reading and writing.

The following table shows the minimum scores required for the designated tests to meet CLB 4:

Listening​
Reading​
Writing​
Speaking​
IELTS​
4.5​
3.5​
4.0​
4.0​
CELPIP​
4​
4​
4​
4​
TEF​
145​
121​
181​
181​
TCF​
331​
342​
4​
4​

Last edited:
May 10, 2023
The stream I am applying is PR Provincial Nominee Program Non-Express Entry online under Economic program and PNP category (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process.html). It does not require a job offer. In a check list form regarding the application, it says

Proof of Language Proficiency
Since July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial/Territorial Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions
that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) TEER 4 and 5 are required to complete a language
proficiency test from one of the following designated agencies:
• IELTS (General Training test only),
• CELPIP (General test only), and/or
• TEF.
You must include a copy of your language test results with your application to IRCC.
I understand that language test result is required for TEER 4 and 5. However, proof of language efficiency is one of the required documents in the application. My occupation is under TEER 1. Not sure how to deal with that.

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
The stream I am applying is PR Provincial Nominee Program Non-Express Entry online under Economic program and PNP category (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process.html). It does not require a job offer. In a check list form regarding the application, it says

I understand that language test result is required for TEER 4 and 5. However, proof of language efficiency is one of the required documents in the application. My occupation is under TEER 1. Not sure how to deal with that.
Did you get your nomination? Edit: NVM you got your nomination. You do not need language test. For me, when I applied to IRCC, I submitted language test anyway but my GCMS notes say Language Test Results: Not Required.

Last edited:
May 10, 2023
You were saying "GCMS notes say Language Test Results: Not Required". Can you clarify a bit? Don't know what GCMS is and how to obtain it.

Moreover, I've watched some youtube videos guiding how to fill the application that were filmed two years ago where the proof of language efficiency was an optional document. Now, it is a required one though. Not sure if really acceptable to submit the application without it.

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
You were saying "GCMS notes say Language Test Results: Not Required". Can you clarify a bit? Don't know what GCMS is and how to obtain it.

Moreover, I've watched some youtube videos guiding how to fill the application that were filmed two years ago where the proof of language efficiency was an optional document. Now, it is a required one though. Not sure if really acceptable to submit the application without it.
GCMS notes are the notes written by VOs in Global Case Management System (Formerly known as FOSS) when your application is under process. You can request the notes after you submit your application and have the AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt), to see the application progress.

Didn't you just show me the official checklist that says its not required?

Link me the video you are talking about that says language tests are required for TEER 0 or 1. Are you sure its talking about PNP nonEE and not about PNP EE? or for that matter its about TEER 2, 3 , 4 and 5?

Last edited:

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019

May I ask is your nomination from province under Express Entry or is it Non Express Entry?

May 10, 2023
Here is the video

The video is talking about the PNP and not EE. Probably, there might be an update on how to file the application recently. See the screenshot (https://freeimage.host/i/HUxh8an) for required documents in my application. Not sure if it was the same at the time you filed your application.

My nomination from province is under Non Express Entry.

[Edit]: modify the link of the screenshot of the required documents

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
Here is the video................

The video is talking about the PNP and not EE. Probably, there might be an update on how to file the application recently. See the screenshot (https://freeimage.host/i/HUxhx49) for required documents in my application. Not sure if it was the same at the time you filed your application.

My nomination from province is under Non Express Entry.
Is that screenshot from your PR portal?