+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing with wrong papers?

Cf45

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
I am landig a week to as a pr under family class. However my lawyer and I noticed an error on my COPR it should not have the new 2 year condition that I have I cohabit w my partner since we already had lived together for 2 yrs prior to application -
My question is I am still planing I land with the COPR w the listed condition but have wrote te visa office just haven't heard back - and there are too many flights and moving trucks and movers already booked and cost less dollars spent. So do I tell them at the border there is something wrong. With it the COPR? Show tem the letter my lawyer wrote to visa office? Or don't say anything and it will get fixed after I land bc don't want to raise any red flags.

I'm coming back to the USa 3 days after landing to finish my work contract u til June.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Cf45 said:
I am landig a week to as a pr under family class. However my lawyer and I noticed an error on my COPR it should not have the new 2 year condition that I have I cohabit w my partner since we already had lived together for 2 yrs prior to application -
My question is I am still planing I land with the COPR w the listed condition but have wrote te visa office just haven't heard back - and there are too many flights and moving trucks and movers already booked and cost less dollars spent. So do I tell them at the border there is something wrong. With it the COPR? Show tem the letter my lawyer wrote to visa office? Or don't say anything and it will get fixed after I land bc don't want to raise any red flags.

I'm coming back to the USa 3 days after landing to finish my work contract u til June.
I don't think that Conditions can be altered at the POE. If you land with it on the COPR, you are probably bound by it until you find yourself in a situation where you have to formally appeal against it's effects on you.

As you are already aware, I sent my back to the Visa Office to be corrected and reissued.